New Moderator Needed: Hot Box and Asexual Relationships: Nominations

Kelly

54 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

Are two mods stepping down?

Lucinda

Nero is stepping down, and I am taking over one of their forums (Cels). Since Mods can only moderate three forums at a time, I exchanged it for Rels. That's why it's open. :)

Man, so much hate for hotbox. Debate doesn't equate to anti-LGBT or hate... I think, given the kind of site this is, you would be seriously hard pressed to find someone who is actively homophobic/transphobic. God forbid we use our noggins and dissect beyond rainbows and butterflies, good lord. And god forbid people actually voice dissenting opinions so bluntly!!! I mean it's almost like the world is heterogenous or something.

Not nominating myself, just wasn't born with the ability to keep my asshole opinions to myself. =]

1 hour ago, Chimeric said:

Man, so much hate for hotbox. Debate doesn't equate to anti-LGBT or hate... I think, given the kind of site this is, you would be seriously hard pressed to find someone who is actively homophobic/transphobic. God forbid we use our noggins and dissect beyond rainbows and butterflies, good lord. And god forbid people actually voice dissenting opinions so bluntly!!! I mean it's almost like the world is heterogenous or something.

Not nominating myself, just wasn't born with the ability to keep my asshole opinions to myself. =]

If you change your mind, I'm sure you'd make a fantastic mod. :D

I'm still planning on taking a long AVEN break as soon as I can bring myself mentally to that point so I won't be able to run, but good luck to those who are running!! :) :cake: 

I have to say that hotbox is way better now then it was when i startet to come here.

36 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I have to say that hotbox is way better now then it was when i startet to come here.

You mean back when it was like he promises to make it again?

1 minute ago, MakeLoveNotWar said:

You mean back when it was like he promises to make it again?

I don´t follow?

On 1/13/2019 at 8:05 AM, Gareki said:

I think, given the kind of site this is, you would be seriously hard pressed to find someone who is actively homophobic/transphobic.

I think the ones who are get into post wars and are banned along with whoever fights with them, lol. I remember seeing quite a few, so maybe there aren't as many now or they just don't share as to avoid throwing verbal hands with the bolder members 😂

I'm surprised no one has joined the running yet, even if Hot Box isn't one of the most popular site areas 😮 I think you would be a pretty impartial mod and you'd probably pick up the habits pretty fast if you do decide to.

Please remember the purpose of this thread and refrain from attacking other members. Thank you.

Gareki

Moderator for Announcements.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:43 PM, Kelly said:

having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. 

Does this mean having 100 original posts or like replying to other peoples posts as well?

2 minutes ago, Red99 said:

Does this mean having 100 original posts or like replying to other peoples posts as well?

A reply counts as a post.

1 hour ago, kaysir said:

I think the ones who are get into post wars and are banned along with whoever fights with them, lol. I remember seeing quite a few, so maybe there aren't as many now or they just don't share as to avoid throwing verbal hands with the bolder members 😂

I'm surprised no one has joined the running yet, even if Hot Box isn't one of the most popular site areas 😮 I think you would be a pretty impartial mod and you'd probably pick up the habits pretty fast if you do decide to.

It's funny how that post was @Chimeric's and yet it somehow quoted me. 😅

I agree, I think she would make a fantastic mod. *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

Joe the Stoic
1 hour ago, kaysir said:

I'm surprised no one has joined the running yet,

Technically, I have declared my candidacy, but I do so with great hesitation, and some of the contents of this page are why I feel that hesitance.

10 minutes ago, Vincent Van Schmo said:

Technically, I have declared my candidacy, but I do so with great hesitation, and some of the contents of this page are why I feel that hesitance.

I am sure that you would do a great job. You seem to be responsible. 

4 minutes ago, Vincent Van Schmo said:

Oh! My reading comprehension is an undependable friend of mine. I guess maybe you have some rocky history with a few folks here? If you follow the TOS and don't argue using greenies, you're as suitable a mod as any.

Fortunately for anyone extra cautious, a mod can't freely fight with or ban people they've butted heads with. If anyone is on edge when it comes to a potential mod, they can always bring it to the other mods post election or vote against those nominees. I wish you luck and patience!

Joe the Stoic
11 minutes ago, kaysir said:

Oh! My reading comprehension is an undependable friend of mine. I guess maybe you have some rocky history with a few folks here?

Well, the weird thing is that I have no relationship with Make.  I do not know this person.  I have said maybe one thing to them that I can think of.  I feel like a total stranger approached me on the street and told me they were my enemy out of nowhere.  I am genuinely confused.

1 hour ago, Vincent Van Schmo said:

Well, the weird thing is that I have no relationship with Make.  I do not know this person.  I have said maybe one thing to them that I can think of.  I feel like a total stranger approached me on the street and told me they were my enemy out of nowhere.  I am genuinely confused.

Sometimes, having confusing interactions with members is just part of the job of being staff. I'm sure everyone has had their fair share of confusing interactions, misunderstandings, and do on. We all do our best, we help each other when we can, and that's all we can do :)

*cheers on Vincent and anyone else who is thinking of running :cake:

5 hours ago, kaysir said:

I thought Vincent was in the running? Or did I read that wrong? :o Edit: ignore me, I'm blind :blush:

20 minutes ago, Ficto. said:

ignore me, I'm blind

We need an eye surgery that's designed with little phone screens in mind lol

1 hour ago, kaysir said:

We need an eye surgery that's designed with little phone screens in mind lol

How about an app that performs eye surgery from your phone? 

14 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

How about an app that performs eye surgery from your phone? 

Straight up, that sounds terrifying :P

If this happens, I'm going back to the good ol' fashioned flip phones.

16 minutes ago, Heart said:

Straight up, that sounds terrifying :P

If this happens, I'm going back to the good ol' fashioned flip phones.

And people think self-driving cars are scary. :lol: 

(back on topic)

Hot Box isn't as bad as phones that perform eye surgery. Best wishes to anyone who runs for mod!

Archived