What is your favourite soundtrack?

Ret.

I have too many to name. I have different favorites depending on different moods. I often listen to them at work as background music

On 1/11/2019 at 4:44 AM, Alejandrogynous said:

Cowboy Bebop

Ugh the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack has a special place in my heart. That and Samurai Champloo.

I love musicals so I'll start off the ones with my favourite songs.

- Les Mis

- The Greatest Showman

- The Wiz

- Dreamgirls

- The Producers

- The Sound of Music

- Fame

- Chicago

Movies:

- the Kill Bill movies

- The Princess and the Frog (unless this counts as a musical)

- Dark Shadows

- Requiem for a Deam

- Interstellar

- The Great Gatsby

Shows/Anime:

- Marvel's Legion

- Black Mirror (in particular S1E2 Fifteen Million Merits and S3E1 Nosedive)

- Silicon Valley

- Bleach

- Angel Beats

Anything from Hans Zimmer is amazing though his Sherlock Holmes, lion king and Lone Ranger scores are probably my favourite as are the BeetleJuice and nightmare before Christmas scores from Elfman. 

Oh oh oh and the scores of Contagion, True Detective (S1), Doctor Who and The Man From U.N.C.L.E scores are brilliant! 

Game wise, I love the undertale sound track. 

20 hours ago, Carson:) said:

The game Terraria has a pretty nice soundtrack.

Most games in that style have really great soundtracks, like starbound for instance :)

I'm into orchestral soundtracks, so many 007 and Star Wars Soundtracks. I also enjoy atmosphere laced soundtracks that sound like they're gothic-y sounding stand alone albums.

A few examples of what I like to listen to as an actual album:

-Thunderball

-Diamonds Are Forever (this one and the previous have been in constant rotation for me lately)

-Songs to the Key of X + The Truth and the Light (Both are X-Files soundtracks, but one is compiled of songs that has appeared in the show by bands that weren't the main music composer, the other is a soundtrack proper)

-Terminator 2

-The Breakfast Club

-Leon: The Professional

-Silent Hill 1, 2, 3

-Deus Ex 1 + Human Revolution

-The Empire Strikes Back

I want to buy the soundtracks for Final Fantasy 10 and 13, but at $25 a pop, I think I'll stick to YouTube for these two soundtracks as I don't feel like paying $50 for two albums.

4 hours ago, CallaWolf said:

I'm into orchestral soundtracks, so many 007 and Star Wars Soundtracks. I also enjoy atmosphere laced soundtracks that sound like they're gothic-y sounding stand alone albums.

A few examples of what I like to listen to as an actual album:

-Thunderball

-Diamonds Are Forever (this one and the previous have been in constant rotation for me lately)

-Songs to the Key of X + The Truth and the Light (Both are X-Files soundtracks, but one is compiled of songs that has appeared in the show by bands that weren't the main music composer, the other is a soundtrack proper)

-Terminator 2

-The Breakfast Club

-Leon: The Professional

-Silent Hill 1, 2, 3

-Deus Ex 1 + Human Revolution

-The Empire Strikes Back

I want to buy the soundtracks for Final Fantasy 10 and 13, but at $25 a pop, I think I'll stick to YouTube for these two soundtracks as I don't feel like paying $50 for two albums.

Well you could always use "trusted" music providers ;)

4 hours ago, Ret! said:

Well you could always use "trusted" music providers ;)

Aka youtube.

AllTimeBubble
On 1/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, Cee Fox said:

Angel Beats

Omg, I've only ever met one other person that's seen Angel Beats! It's so good isn't it?! Made me cry 

55 minutes ago, AllTimeBubble said:

Omg, I've only ever met one other person that's seen Angel Beats! It's so good isn't it?! Made me cry 

I made most of my friends watch it. It's so beautiful. I bawled when I watched it.

AllTimeBubble
16 hours ago, Cee Fox said:

It's so beautiful. I bawled when I watched it.

I know right, it's so sad but at the same time bittersweet; a beautiful anime.

Emily Dialga Watson

I actually have the Intersteller soundtrack on CD and I always listen to it when I do university work. Another soundtrack I love is the one from the movie, Stardust.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:33 AM, MiseryTriumphant said:

Any by Danny Elfman but my top two are Beetlejuice and Batman (89)

Danny Elfman was always awesome, even before he was doing soundtracks and was in Oingo Boingo. I think both of his Batman scores and his Men in Black scores were awesome.

EggplantWitch

Portal 2's OST is one of the few that I actually own (legally too! fancy that) so I'm with you on that one, though I think in terms of 'best video game soundtrack ever' I'll have to give the accolade to Super Mario 64 (and its DS remake, which is the one I actually played). The music for Super Mario games is always fantastic, but I really think that SM64's is a cut above the rest. I'm going to have Bob-Omb Battlefield in my head for the rest of the day.

I think my favourite movie soundtrack, in terms of how well it fits the movie, is the Pacific Rim soundtrack. I'm not even super into Pacific Rim, though I do love it, but the OST is just awesome. I put it on when I'm tidying my room. Nothing keeps you more motivated than that main theme.

The only TV show soundtrack I can even think of as being worth recognising is Steven Universe's. I know a lot of effort goes into the choices behind instruments and motifs, all of which is wasted on me because I'm awful at noticing things like that, but it always sounds appropriately soft and gentle when the scene calls for it or freaky and violent for when things are going wrong.

3 hours ago, EggplantWitch said:

Portal 2's OST is one of the few that I actually own (legally too! fancy that) so I'm with you on that one, though I think in terms of 'best video game soundtrack ever' I'll have to give the accolade to Super Mario 64 (and its DS remake, which is the one I actually played). The music for Super Mario games is always fantastic, but I really think that SM64's is a cut above the rest. I'm going to have Bob-Omb Battlefield in my head for the rest of the day.

I think my favourite movie soundtrack, in terms of how well it fits the movie, is the Pacific Rim soundtrack. I'm not even super into Pacific Rim, though I do love it, but the OST is just awesome. I put it on when I'm tidying my room. Nothing keeps you more motivated than that main theme.

The only TV show soundtrack I can even think of as being worth recognising is Steven Universe's. I know a lot of effort goes into the choices behind instruments and motifs, all of which is wasted on me because I'm awful at noticing things like that, but it always sounds appropriately soft and gentle when the scene calls for it or freaky and violent for when things are going wrong.

Despite barely ever playing any mario game (I've played for a few hourse with my friends DS), I still remember many of the songs to this day. I guess that shows how influential it is 

Houseki No Kuni has some amazing tracks in its OST, my favourite being its opening

Tracks from Katawa Shoujo's OST also have a special place in my heart ❤️ along with SVTFOE (particularly Blood Moon Waltz), Kid Icarus Uprising, every Gen 6-7 Pokemon game, and Steven Universe

35 minutes ago, Mirari said:

Houseki No Kuni has some amazing tracks in its OST, my favourite being its opening

Tracks from Katawa Shoujo's OST also have a special place in my heart ❤️ along with SVTFOE (particularly Blood Moon Waltz), Kid Icarus Uprising, every Gen 6-7 Pokemon game, and Steven Universe

I havn't really followed pokemon recently (i probably couldnt name 75% of pokemon past gen 5) but I loved the music from c/g/s and p/d/p. Specifically red/champion theme from gen 2 (for obvious reasons), and the mesprit battle them from gen 4

Sitting here listening to Nine Inch Nails, reminds me of another great soundtrack.

The Natural Born Killers soundtrack was pretty awesome. When I first got the disc, I was only familiar with Nine Inch Nails, now I own most (but not all) of the albums that many of the songs originally appeared on prior to being on the soundtrack.

The album, much like its respective film, feels like a drug fueled trip through a depraved mind. With clips from the film thrown in and it's drastic genre changes, it was pretty crazy. Most of the tracks on their own are pretty awesome, and when you listen to them completely independently, you would think "oh, that's a cool punk song" or "oh, that slow, catchy song sounds so awesome" but all together, it's pretty intense.

The Cuphead soundtrack is pretty great.

I also love Austin Wintory's game soundtracks.  He composed the OSTs for Journey and Abzu, among other games.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

LOTR, The Hobbit, Heroes and Revenge of the Sith 

I'm not sure if anybody will still read this thread, but the soundtrack to Spyro 3 is an obvious candidate I can't believe I missed! I've listened to buzz's dungeon theme on loop for longer than I'd care to admit:

(As good as reignited was, I still prefer the ps1 original of the song, though I listed both in their respective order)

Archived