Do I Count?

AceHardware132

AceHardware132

I’ve been really confused on whether or not I count for asexuality. Granted, I don’t want to date anyone ever, but I also have a gender-specific fetish that I HATE. I won’t go into a lot of details, but does this remove me? 😐

Sexual attraction can be basically described as an attraction to the idea of doing sexual things with another person. If you experience this, then you are not asexual. If you do not experience this, then you are asexual.

• Like 1
Just Somebody

Maybe you're aromantic,  but having fetishes doesn't remove one from the asexual umbrella, just makes you a libidist. 

@AceHardware132 I think that would depend on whether your fetish involves having sex.
Asexuality is not a lack of libido, but a lack of Sexual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone. 

• Like 1
AceHardware132

I’ll name it. Macrophilia.  Does that change anything? Granted, the sexual side of it doesn’t really appeal that much.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Mandelbrotina
On 1/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, AceHardware132 said:

I’ll name it. Macrophilia.  Does that change anything? Granted, the sexual side of it doesn’t really appeal that much.

I have this, too, mostly toward giant men. I mean like, fairy tale giant. I felt/feel the same about it as you do, and it's hard for me to admit (dunno why, I've heard of far stranger fetishes like coprophilia - turned on by fecal matter). I was raised at arms length growing up, and had an unhappy childhood. Perhaps it's a daddy issue. Also, I was three when Honey, I Shrunk the Kids came out. Anyway, you didn't choose the fetish, and it's harmless. You didn't kill anyone. Glad to meet a fellow macrophile! :) Chin up, and enjoy the view of your lovely giantesses, guilt-free!