LadyGagaIsMyGod

Cats?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a cat person?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Kinda
    • Meh
  2. 2. If you answered anything other than 'yes' you are....

• Cursed to be attacked by cats wherever you may go...for the rest of eternity.
    • And will become a slave when our cat overlords reign supreme and take over the planet!

Honestly cats ignore me.

Except that one time I was at a animal shelter and nearly every cat in a cat room where you play with cats came directly to me atleast once.

Then a big orange tabby chased off everyone and perked itself on my lap and fell asleep on me.

LadyGagaIsMyGod

Awe wow that sounds so nice, I'm sad they ignore you though, I just love mine @ColeHW

I love cats but I can't have any at home. So I volunteer with the cats at my local shelter to get my fix 😁.

Just now, LadyGagaIsMyGod said:

Awe wow that sounds so nice, I'm sad they ignore you though, I just love mine @ColeHW

Just wait until I get some catnip plants for my greenhouse to ward off mosquitos and flys yet attract lacewings that eat aphids & mites.

Then the catnip smell itself will attract cats that kill mice and other vermin that want to eat my greenhouse plants.

Ugh, I love cats. I wish I could have one, but my family's poor. OK, not really, but we don't have the money to upkeep anything more than our dog right now. I prefer cats to dogs, tho. 

LadyGagaIsMyGod

Yeah, we have three cats and a pack of six tins is three quid. So it gets expensive pretty quickly @Flute16

I have just one now. The one in my profile pic had to be put down in Sept

I currently have two cats, and that’s only because most apartments have a two pet limit.

Okay, but technically yes isn't even an option so basically everyone's screwed ;)

I love cats, but can't answer the poll (it requires a response for the 2nd question, but I don't like either answer).

I am currently between cats (in other words I don't have a cat at this time, not that I am amongst cats).

Susie and Sheeba say that all hoomins has to like cats or claws will out 

Cats are the best, although admittedly the furless ones give me pause, just like Ron's(?) naked molerat in KimPossible. Probably though that is also cause I'm well, brain things, and soft cat fur is a thing that my brain likes and I like to pet my cat and rub my face on his fur. : p He has a lot of fur.

2 hours ago, daveb said:

(it requires a response for the 2nd question, but I don't like either answer).

Same reason I didn't respond. It pushes for a one sided answer, vs getting more genuine responses via the freedom of choice.

With that said, I love cats. Cats seem to gravitate towards me as do dogs. 

Even stray cats who would run from others. I have gotten many to tentatively walk up to me and eat out of my hand while purring. 

I love their quiet nature. Their high independence is my favorite trait, however. You either love it or hate it, to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Gloomy said:

that’s only because most apartments have a two pet limit.

I have a lot of clients who are landlords, and am seeing many have zero tolerance on pets. 

I still remember looking at luxury suites in my downtown core near our best market area. Everything seemed perfect.

The viewing went well, until I walked in. I was told the owner had a few cats, to which I smiled stating I loved cats so was fine.

The waft of rancid almost fermenting cat urine that hit me once the front door, just had me freeze up in a grimace. 

"Oh the smell? Don't worry, we will get rid of it *laughs*" was his reassurance. 

Lost his sale then and there. 

Am a clean freak and when I had cats we never dealt with odors as cleaned the litter constantly. 

Only reason I don't have pets is due to my busy on the go lifestyle. Plus I travel a lot.

I won't lie. I cringe when I hear someone owning a dozen pets as am picturing that scent. 

I love cats. I love every kind of cat. I wish I could hug all of them, but I can't. Can't hug every cat.

I am owned by a couple of cats.  I don't actually like cats much, but as their slave I have to to everything in my power to make them happy.  

I do not like cats. They are handy around as they keep certain things(mice, rats) at bay.

Cats for me, are not the type of animal i like.

Dogs, give unconditional love, to there owners. Cats, just use there owners. There is a difference.

But like we all know, we all have our own outlook, and see things differently. I can understand why alot like cats, but i do not. The difference, between cats and dogs, is that dogs give unconditional love to there owners, and cats, just use there owners.

Thats nature, for you, and we all see things we like and dislike, even in our animals.

A cat's love to their owners is different to a dog's. You have to work for it but when you get it you can tell that a cat absolutly adores you.

My cat, who sadly passed away in October, definitely adored me. Unfortuantly she couldn't live with me and had to live with my parents as my landlord wouldn't allow her to stay but every time I would visit I would be bombarded with purrs and head boinks and she would not leave me alone for the entire time I was visiting. If I stayed a week she would spend the entire week with me, sleep in my bed, bring me mice (not sure I'm that fond of that one) and just generally be a nuisance so she could get as much attention from me as possible. I think it's safe to say that that cat loved me. My parents provided the food and shelther but she knew that I was her real owner.

She had been a stray and lived in the woods and was always so scrawny. I used to go and feed the chickens and take a bit of meat out for her. She would grab it and run off. One day she was just there and she ignored the meat and just wanted to be picked up and held. She purred so loudly. It was very cold and she was scrawny and she obviously saw it as a chance to get some body heat. For the next month or so she would do this but run away whenever anyone else came close. One night when it was very cold she appeared at the window having never been near the house (with my knowledge) before. She tapped on the window until I let her in. She was reluctant and little by little came into the living room and from that moment on she was a housecat. The vet said she was severly malnourished and would probably have died during the winter. So she did get something from me but she repaid that in cuddles and purrs and mice and I would say that that was love.

My boyfriend has a cat fursona... So I think it's obvious that I'm a cat person.

I am not keen on them as pets, too unpredictable and not affectionate enough, and I don't like that they kill the garden birds. But I can kind of relate to them, e.g. being independent, getting attention/being social on your own terms, spending the day lying in a cosy sunny spot. 

• 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

100% a cat person here.

J. van Deijck
On 1/21/2019 at 3:01 PM, LauraGarnham said:

and not affectionate enough

you should meet my Victoria then.

Always have been a cat person. Always will be a cat person.

I like cats, but I'm more of a bird person.

My mother adopted a black cat. He's very young so he likes running around the house and attacking people. He especially likes my bird, but my bird isn't scared anymore, he enjoys screaming at him

I like cats, my family had one for 16 years and I was so heartbroken when she passed away. But I can't have cats now, I have birds, and their safety comes first.

Archived