Ace Playing Cards Symbolism

QuirkyGeek

Ace Playing Cards Symbolism  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What does the ace of diamonds mean?

• Demisexuals/Asexual Demiromantics
    • Demi/Grey (Ace/Aro-specs)
    • I don't care.
    • I've never heard of the ace playing cards symbolism.
    • Other? Please specify below.
  2. 2. What does the ace of clubs mean?

• Greysexuals/Asexual Greyromantics
    • Questioning Aces
    • I don't care.
    • I've never heard of the ace playing cards symbolism.
    • Other? Please specify below.

This poll is closed to new votes

So at least some of us have heard of the ace slang where the shortened asexual, ace, is compared to the playing card, and is used as a form of identification. The only thing is I see different versions go around of the meanings, so I though I'd see what you guys thought. It's pretty much decided already that ace of spades is for aroaces and the ace of hearts is for alloromantic aces, but there's some indecisiveness as to what the ace of diamonds and the ace of clubs represent.

Back to Avalon

I thought Ace of Diamonds meant demisexual. Someone posted an infographic about this in a discussion I started months ago, but some of the print is way too tiny to read. So if anyone has the answer to the symbolism of ace playing cards, I'd love to see it.

I already knew about these, but here's some info on it for others~
tumblr_nnqyxxlGx01teq6zko1_1280.png

And yes I noticed this infographic is old LOL

Back to Avalon

Thanks for posting this, @Smol Fox. I think this is the graphic I saw months ago, but it was too small to be legible.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Augie279 said:

What are asexual demiromantics

Asexual demiromantics are people who experience no sexual attraction and are only capable of experiencing romantic attraction to someone they are close with.

21 minutes ago, Augie279 said:

I meant what suit

Oh. They're typically considered diamonds regardless of what people consider clubs.

I've seen different versions over the years.  I chose the ace of hearts to describe myself because I'm a romantic asexual regardless of the fact that I'm demiromantic and only attracted to cis women.  It makes more sense to have a heart than a diamond in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

This is interesting, I never thought of different suits representing different areas.

• 11 months later...

@QuirkyGeek

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived