Can I be demi sexual and ace flux?

bidepanbpded

bidepanbpded

I've been identifying as demi for a while now. I've only liked one girl sexually. While I liked her there were times I wanted to do sexual things but sometimes the idea of it really grossed me. I'm definetly prodomiently demi tho. Maybe I fluchuate between being sex positive and negitive. Can I just identify as both? 

Slice of Ace

Hmm, demisexuality means that you feel sexual attraction after a close emotional bond is formed. Sex positivity, indifference or negativity has to do about your attitudes towards sex unrelated to your orientation. You can have sex-positive aces for example. It depends how you were (or weren't) feeling sexual attraction as to where on the ace spectrum you lie

However, if you want to identify as predominantly demi but also ace flux, feel free. À mon avis, labels are good for two things: succintly expressing your romantic and/or sexual orientation, and making you feel happier and more comfortable about yourself. If you think that label fits you, then use it for as long as you like 😊

Not everyone feels sexual all the time. I'm not demi or anything (just a celibate sexual) but when I AM in sexual relationships, there are times when I'm really into it and times when I have less than zero desire for sex and no interest in it. Being sexual doesn't mean one is in the mood 24/7, hah.. some might only want that sexual connection once a month or so but that doesn't make them ace during the times they don't feel that sexual draw to someone else. So you just sound like a demisexual who doesn't feel that attraction/desire for sexual stuff 24/7 which is good because if you did feel it 24/7 you'd be classed as a nymphomaniac which can wreak havoc on someone's life if they literally can never escape their own desire :o :o

I feel that labels are for communicating. Whatever label you want to use that helps you let people know what is currently going on with you is great.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

You're absolutedly free to choose any label you like but I have to agree with @Ficto. and @Slice of Ace. I've been wondering about being demi and aceflux as well for some time but finally figured that I'm actually demi-greysexual. I've got a very low sex drive but I don't feel like being ace because of my intense active desire for physical intimacy after being emotionally connected to another person. An asexual person on the other hand doesn't experience sexual graving. So it doesn't matter when or how often you'd feel sexual attracted to someone but the fact that you actually do want to have sex once in a while.

Archived