Does height matter?

verymelancholic

J. van Deijck

no, I'm almost 29 and I'm 5'10, so that's a completely opposite deal for me. I have stopped growing pretty fast.

but I don't really think height matters. someone I love is visibly shorter than me and it doesn't change a thing.

I am a bit on the taller side, but I don't think height matters, in fact being too tall can pose problems too!
Personally I would have liked to have been a tad shorter because I am quite shy and taller people seem to stand out....

No. I am almost 5' 6"

But it would be nice when I hug someone, that my head doesn't touch their boobs. Also don't want to hear their heart beat. And also, appreciate if their head doesn't touch my bosom :lol:

Statistically, shorter people tend to live longer.  When a person's body is smaller, the heart doesn't have to work as hard.

I'm either on the shorter side of average or the taller side of short. I'm not sure. What would 5'8" be for an American man?

I'm 5'2 and not likely to grow anymore 

I maybe would have grown more but I had anorexia as a teenager. Better now though. 

I am OK with my height, sometimes I have to climb on furniture to get things I want, but it is all ok.

I would like to be tall to see what it is like, but being short does not bother me. 

I could wear high heels I suppose but I don't.

Lifetime small guy, 5' 3" (160cm), built like a wire trellis.   Other than during a few years in my teens, I 've been happy with it, and I think it has slowed down the aging of my joints and other parts when compared with many older people. 

I'm 5'2 also. 

Being short has advantages and dissadvantages, as I am sure being tall does also. Overall it hasn't caused me too much hassle. I can understand that it is harder for guys because of the idea that guys should date girls that are shorter than them. 

SorryNotSorry

Yes, height matters. I happen to be 2 meters tall.

I'm sick of strangers who walk up to me pretending that they're mentally handicapped.

In my next life, I want to be 3'11".

SorryNotSorry

Also, that stuff about women finding tall guys attractive... total BS.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:17 AM, Woodworker1968 said:

lso, that stuff about women finding tall guys attractive... total BS

5 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

Really?  :)

I think you may be thinking that of 'BS' as a sole factor rather than a single factor amongst others.  

I think it fairly clear that many (most?) heterosexual women prefer, sexually, a 6ft man than a 5ft 4 man - but that assumes that all other factors are pretty much equal.  They also benefit in the sexual marketplace from being: good looking, not very old or very overweight, have a nice and confident sexy personality, talk well and be funny, have their lives together and be independent, have some degree of wealth, be healthy, blah, blah ... 

In short, I think height (up to a point) is a minor advantage in the Hetero dating game. :)

As a 5'3 women honestly I would prefer to date someone a bit taller as I don't get the point why I must not have any way to reach the top shelf. Also doesn't always need sexy confident personality, cute and shy is acceptable among the many others. Would you like to date the Christian Grey version of someone who has such serious mommy issues that is is horrible represented??? Financially stable is like the most wanted. Health can be questioned.

Nothing wrong with having your life together and then wanting someone who is similar or at least trying. This goes for any type of dating game. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, AwkwardSquid said:

Nothing wrong

7 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

There's nothing wrong with any of it!  It's totally normal to want that kind of stuff :). Same as many (most?) Hetero men find certain body types and personality traits in women attractive.  Whether evolutionary psychology or cultural overlay, it is what it is. :)

Sorry if I came off uhh whats the word........strong? no wait ..... defensive! I was just trying to ad on to what you were saying as well as make a point I guess and I always wanted to use Christian Grey as an example plus see squidward kick the mad hatters hat? 

Plus its weird when I find out men real height that I find pretty cause they like 180cm and here they all short lol. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, AwkwardSquid said:

Sorry if I came off uhh whats the word........strong? no wait ..... defensive!

krystal_muzik

It shouldn't matter, but people make it matter. I rarely deal with people because the cracks get old. And if I get an attitude and say something about their teeth or acne or weight, then I'm the mean one. I don't hang out with too many people.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:38 PM, Moonman said:

Being male and 5ft 11 has done absolutely nothing for my dating game. Other factors must be more important.

Archived