nudity?

gambit_boi

Bestatued Head

Liver, I know you aren't the type to drool over the sight of a womans breast. I was just saying that everywhere I go all that people see that is often seen naked on a human is womens bare breasts. I get annoyed by the sight of them. I kind of wish they would have sort of some accepted male nudity (besides "David") that could be shown, just to even the exposure b/w men and women . I rather find the male body beautiful, with its variety of delicate and sharp curves, which I find more true to scenery one would find in forrests, like trees rocks, etc. :wink:

Live R Perfect

Yeah, I understand :wink:

I don't share your admiration of the male body though. Most of us don't have the "variety of delicate and sharp curves" that you refer to. I assume you are talking about the physique of a well-toned, muscular male?

Cate: I'm not at all surprised that those are the locations on the map of the female form that you like the most. As a matter of fact (and I know you won't believe this, folks) I appreciate most if not all of the same things.

Zhaneel: What Liver said. All just a matter of tastes. Even deatched, aesthetically-minded asexual ones.

Bestatued Head
I don't share your admiration of the male body though. Most of us don't have the "variety of delicate and sharp curves" that you refer to. I assume you are talking about the physique of a well-toned, muscular male?

Oh no, I don't like those types. When I said "a variety of delicate and sharp curves", I was specifically thinking of mens bodies as a tree; trees can be large at the trunk, small, there are tons of varieties of body shapes. But your a male, Liver, so I guess you have more right to say anything about the male body.

Oh well. :roll:

anythingtestdead

i admire both female and males bodies...... :? i just wish my brain wasnt hard wired to heterosexual because alot of times that really corrupts my appreciation for the female body in a nonsexual manner........ :(

Cate: I'm not at all surprised that those are the locations on the map of the female form that you like the most. As a matter of fact (and I know you won't believe this, folks) I appreciate most if not all of the same things.

Quelle suprise!

Cate

I love the male form but don't get anything out of genitals. A nice (i.e. smooth, unpimpled) face, neck and shoulders does it for me any day. Call it a strong aesthetic attraction.

I agree with that Order. I think both genders are fine naked except for the procreation bits. Those look like...things I never want to see.

Everyone should look like Barbie and Ken dolls: just flat below the equator.

Cate

Everyone should look like Barbie and Ken dolls: just flat below the equator.

BAHAHAHA! Nice. That would be far better.

Myself, I'm more attracted to people's "auras" rather than their physical appearance. Y'know, whether they seem confident, nice, etc.

I can sense a person's presence, and I'm capable of being attracted to certain voices over others.

That's as far as it goes.

The world is far away from me.

I'm blind.

• 4 months later...
Live R Perfect
I love the naked female body. I could look at it all day long.

Ah well... unfortunately we do have to work in this life....and eat.... :wink:

I appreciate nudity in both genders but I preffer clothing. The few times I pictured attractive people naked, they were censored.

I'm not particularly offended by nudity, regardless of gender, but I find that it makes me see the naked people as a strange type of animal rather than as human beings. I keep mentally flashing back and forth between what I'm seeing and images of all of the large primates that I have ever seen in zoos or on TV or elsewhere.

Shortly after that stage, I start wanting a sketch pad and charcoal ...

*shrugs*

Aesthetically speaking, I like androgenous people best, but leanly muscled people of either gender are artistically appealing to me.

The "bodybuilder" type is vaguely repulsive to me ... although I would love to see an artistic work featuring some beefed-up, steroid enhanced individuals hanging in a meat locker with purple USDA meat inspection stamps all over them! They would be marked "condemned" too. Really! They WOULD be!

-Greybird

i dont mind nudity as long as its not near me at least in a sexual nature... i mean like nakedness in art and things thats not a problem, any other nudity makes me uncomfortable.

I agree, genitals are not pleasing to the eye, but other parts of peoples bodies can be nice to look at..

Ineptitude

Nudity neither bothers nor excites me. Naked people are ok to look at, but no better than clothed people. I usually just yell at TV characters to put clothes on and such because I can't stand the thought of the naked body touching things like furniture or food or something. But for goodness sakes, if you're naked, don't touch me. Even with your hands. Ever.

Silly Green Monkey

Hands are usually naked all the time...

Ineptitude

Yah... but if the rest of you is naked, too, then it's even worse!! Don't ask me why. I don't know.

Hands are usually naked all the time...

Yes they are, and I'm glad of it. I think if I had to pick a favorite body part it would be hands. They are amazingly expressive, and it is mostly quite unconscious. A lot of people learn to guard their facial expressions, but far fewer understand that their hands speak volumes too.

As for the beefcake in the meat locker, I am not really talented at drawing humans unless they are right in front of me, in which case I treat them like any other shape to be analyzed and portrayed.

I would be WAY out of my element if I personally tried to portray my idea ... so I happily offer the concept FREE to anyone who wants to attempt it!

Enjoy! (And sell me a copy??)

-Greybird

The only bodies that look good are lil' babies, they're God's finest work and just so refreshing (in art/pictures, I don't like naked babies running around) but very early in one's life do they become just another bare ass. I don't find the human body to be attractive when naked. Aesthetically, I'm way more attracted to the way a person looks in clothes than the way they look without them.

Aesthetically, I'm way more attracted to the way a person looks in clothes than the way they look without them.

I agree - there's something about people that fit into their own "style" so casually that's very attractive.

ApolloSeek

Nudity is ironic. That's because a group of people naked look more alike than

if they are clothed. It's easier to change clothes and shoes than skin and

muscles. Also, jungle tribes who don't wear much clothing paint

their faces and bodies, use ornaments, or both.

Blue_Liminality

human body = lumpy, slab of flesh :lol:

There's nothing appealing about humans for me. It's like cabbage: some people love it, but to me its just there, something neither delicious or repulsive. I will never understand how some people claim it be a miraculous work of art. I could understand that about animals; I admire an animal's uniqueness, it's magnificent speed and strength. But humans are just.. blah!

Live R Perfect
Aesthetically, I'm way more attracted to the way a person looks in clothes than the way they look without them.

I'm with you there Cijay. Long before I had ever considered the existence of asexuality, I would always feel more aroused with my girlfriends when they were actually wearing something. As soon as they were completely naked I lost interest. Its all about aesthetics and imagination for me, and what is hidden is much more exciting than what is openly on view.

Cate Perfect

You know, I hadn't thought about it, but I agree with Liver and cijay. The women I've been attracted to have always shared an aesthetic that involved the way they dressed. Those same women in different clothes wouldn't be attractive to me at all. Huh. *learned something about herself to day*

Cate

Live R Perfect

Umm... I'm not sure if it's the way that my girlfriends dressed that had an effect on me really. I was just saying that I tended to be more aroused around them when they WERE dressed! :wink:

Cate Perfect

I'm sorry, Liver, I'd been awake about 24 hours when I wrote that. What I meant was that your post made me realise that I prefer people clothed as well. Naked people don't really bother me, but I'm much more compelled to look at someone with clothing on.

Cate