nudity?

gambit_boi

bard of aven

Hmmm. Clothing tends to be irrelevant to whether or not I find a person attractive. If you were to ask me what anyone I at work was wearing Friday, I probably coultn't tell you, but I talked and interacted with them all day, sort of, on and off. Except for Mondays, that is usually the case; I tend not to notice what people are wearing. On Mondays, for some unknown reason, by long agreement, all the guys in the group I work in wear blue shirts. We also all go out to lunch at the local Macaroni grill, a small sea of blue shirts on the move. If I weren't with them, they might be mistaken for Mormans. I'm rmbling; I'll stop now.

boa

Cate Perfect

Hmmmm, that's interesting, boa. I don't notice what most people wear, but all the women I find appealing dress similarly. I suppose *some* part of my brain is paying attention even if it's not consciously.

Cate

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends, sometimes some people are far more attractive when they're dressed up. I like nudity, as long as it isn't something horribly lewd.

ummm..nudity ... right. i probably agree with most of you that im more keen on semi-nude people... I quite like blokes..like in shorts ...who have quite nice bodies, not like buff..but just toned..and then their hipbones are highlighted.. that bit is SO nice... guys hands are nice too!..and their shoulders...and upper arms... OK. I ADMIT IT. guys in general are nice! ..well some parts of them!

as for women i think they have better qualities than blokes.. abit like someone said... curves..their necklines are usually more shapely..ect.

i dont really have a problem with people running round naked (ALWAYS happens at parties. :roll: ) but im not gunna say id encourage it either.lol. if i had to choose..i probably wouldnt intentionally put myself in a nude environment.lol

i dont mind nudity as long as its not near me at least in a sexual nature

there ya go! thats my point.lol

Carsonspire

I don't mind nudity in serious artwork, but on anything else, I'll pass. That is, I'd rather see a representation rather than the actual person, but in all honesty, I'd rather have people keep their clothes on their bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very humorous image I am going to link to, but be aware that it contains naughty bits.

Naughty-part-related humor! You are warned!

Nudity has been sexualized because it has been declared as sexual, not the other way around. Various institutions *cough*christianchurch*cough* have, many many years ago, called the human body a sexual thing that needs to be covered up lest we find ourselves mired in sin, and, of course, people followed their urgings. Thus it became a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy: because it was covered up under pretexts of its sexual nature, it became thought of as sexual to simply BE naked.

Of course, there are those of us who know better, and those of us who are flagrantly rebellious of this institutional demand (i.e. nudists).

You will note that nudity is not sexual in many other cultures, but that these cultures are considered 'less civilized.' Of course, we can presume that the bodies claiming so are the same ones that instigated the effective ban on nudity in the first place.

You warned me, but like an idiot, I looked anyway. :shock:

:shock:

Thanks Kaisharga, I'll never eat another hamburger.

Silly Green Monkey

Invaginations always have to be moist, like lungs. Lungs have to be moist because oxygen must first be dissolved in the moist coating before the blood can absorb it. I bet lungs don't bother you though.

Harvey the Pooka
Nudity has been sexualized because it has been declared as sexual, not the other way around.

Agreed.

I am not bothered by nudity in sauna or in a locker room. But (semi)nudity with an obvios or underlying "sex appeal" message is, for me, at least intrusive. I am the product of a culture where nudity is sexualized. I am generally put off by exhibitionistic display of sexual attributes. I perceive it as a lack of good taste and feeling for privacy. Thus, positively not attractive.

I am not saying that bodily aspect of a person is something to be uneasy with or ashamed of. Nonesense. But I have no desire to see the others undressed. What for?

I don't mind nudity at all in the proper context. I'm a member of a nudist group. In some of the other social rings I'm a member of, we spend a great deal of time naked. None of this nudity is sexual though. The nudity on television is always sensationalized and hollywood hyped to be transformed into something sexual. Perceptions of nudity instilled by society and parents can be damaging in my opinion because they not only equate nudity with sexuality, but they also have underlying messages of sexism, weightism, genderism, orientationism, etc...

I have no restrictive rules on my son about viewing nudity. He has always been permitted to look at naked people. Now, he can view the human body without having to crack juvenile jokes about sex, without blushing, and without saying something that could be insulting. When he thinks about nudity, he doesn't think of the playboy supermodels. He just thinks about people without fabric wrapped around them.

My life is structured in such a way that "getting naked" has very little, if any, correlation with sexual activity. Yes, people often get naked to have sex, but in my realm, people also get naked to swim, get naked to dance, get naked to walk in the woods, get naked to sunbathe, get naked to sleep, get naked to play. It's not about which pendulous blobs can fit in which cavities. It's about feeling less restricted and accepted and happy and free.

On a side note... I don't much care for the magazine layouts and centerfolds when it comes to nudity. I have fundamental problems with our culture's portrayal of "beauty". I have the ability to see beauty that includes fat, moles, warts, baldness, hairyness, stretchlines, limps, glasses, freckles, etc..... The frustrating part for me is trying to understand how the rest of the world can be so closed to beauty that they base it on airbrushed supermodels.

LostPenguin

I don't like nudity. I can deal with female nudity in art and the like, but I tend to become very disgruntled at facing it in films and the like. I guess you can say that female nudity doesn't exactly bother me, being female, but it's more like I put up with it... It doesn't do anything for me, and seens to how nudity in movies, television and other forms of media these days tend to involve sex, I get easily annoyed and turned off.

I'm with you 1%.The quirks of someones body to me, are that much more sensational.There's a signifigant beauty in it, because it shows that most of us have imperfections, it's human.These people that spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for enhancement of their bodies make me wonder.Why are they all trying to look alike?

Nudity doesn't bother me so much as long as genitilia is not being obtrusively flashed in my face.Body Modification always makes me feel more comfortable with viewing nudity.There's always something to look at, that is interesting.Really it's more like looking at the canvas for a painting.

Were I female: Woohoo, i've got lumps of fat on my chest, time to go get them removed. Back in a few.

Wonderful wonderful person, you understand it perfectly!If a female never plans on bearing a child, breasts really serve no purpose at all, thus to remove them would seem the wisest thing.I know many don't feel this way for the aesthetic reasonings. I guess I just find the androgyn look to be highly appealing on many levels.

Cate Perfect
Why are they all trying to look alike?

Good question.

Body Modification always makes me feel more comfortable with viewing nudity.There's always something to look at, that is interesting.Really it's more like looking at the canvas for a painting.

Exactly. Once you have something like that done (in my experience) it's like art. It's not a particularly big deal to show someone especially if they have something done as well. It's a, 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours' sort of thing. Having said that, I don't go around flashing everyone, but if someone I like well-enough wants to see my jewellery then I don't think much of it. I got them because I liked the way they look so why would I be shy about showing them to particular people? Before I had any extraneous metal put on my person I would have never flash someone, but now it's not a big deal. Usually the person either cringes and drops into the foetal position or they show me what they have done and we exchange piercing stories. Either response is fine. :D

Editted to say: Perhaps that's how plastic surgery addicts...I mean, customers...feel about what they've had done. Except they're all trying to emulate some perceived version of perfection sold to us by the media whereas body modification with metal, ink, whathaveyou is going in the opposite direction and going against idealised, flawless 'beauty'. I do think that it's become a popular thing to do amongst the kids to prove how cool they are, but people who get pierced for personal reasons (not because all the kids in their grade have something done) are bucking the 'you must be perfect to be beautiful' myth. When I went to get my tattoo I had thought about it for a time (six months) and chose something that meant something to me. While I was waiting for my turn a young woman came in, looked at the sketches on the walls and finally jabbed her finger at a dolphin, 'That'll do.' She was bent on getting a tattoo and it didn't matter what it was--it was the idea of the thing (or pissing off her parents) that mattered. Whatever you need to do, lil lady, but it's not going anywhere. To my mind, getting a tattoo of whatever is a bit like marrying someone you don't know. 'Eh, you look cute. I'll take you.' Except getting a divorce is probably more of a bitch than a real divorce.

Cate

Man, I love people with flaws, particularly visible scars. My favourite male friend has a very beautiful scar on his chest, because he was born with some sort of heart defect. People with tattoos and body modifications done thoughtfully also look very good, but people who just do it for no reason (like the girl Cate mentioned)...it doesn't look so good.

Silly Green Monkey

What if I just want to look like a flock of butterflies?

Silly Green Monkey

Then I'd be dangerous! All noisy and hungry and all!

Live R Perfect
Just so you don't look like A Flock of Seagulls...

Maaann.... they had some bad hair! :lol:

Were I female: Woohoo, i've got lumps of fat on my chest, time to go get them removed. Back in a few.

Wonderful wonderful person, you understand it perfectly!If a female never plans on bearing a child, breasts really serve no purpose at all, thus to remove them would seem the wisest thing.I know many don't feel this way for the aesthetic reasonings. I guess I just find the androgyn look to be highly appealing on many levels.

I SOOO agree! The darn things are completely useless and in my way. I can ignore the remaining female "attributes" (out of sight, out of mind) but boobs are just a plain nuisance. I wish it weren't so horribly expensive to get them removed. It seems like it would be a fairly quick and safe procedure.

-Greybird

Cate Perfect

I go to bed for the day and wake up to find Flock of Seagulls all over my AVEN. Maaaaaaan.

Uuuugh.

(Xenius: :lol: )

Cate