PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

Green and Purple Dragon

Should I try this out?  Yea why not

Uhh we could talk about stuff like musicals, marvel, memes, and music!  Or ya know, we could just communicate through dumb puns.  I’m not picky!

• Like 1
nutterwithasolderingiron

i'm a wee bit hesitant to post here but hey, why not. tell me what music you're into

bangyougotme

I can’t figure out how to private message. Feel free to PM me how to PM.

That was a joke... kind of... not really. I am open to anything and all people. 

bangyougotme
1 hour ago, nutterwithasolderingiron said:

i'm a wee bit hesitant to post here but hey, why not. tell me what music you're into

I legitimately can’t find the message button on my phone but, have you heard of Mogwai by any chance? They are post rock so not everyone’s cup of tea but they are from

Scotland. Just curious!

7 minutes ago, bangyougotme said:

I can’t figure out how to private message. Feel free to PM me how to PM.

That was a joke... kind of... not really. I am open to anything and all people. 

There’s three buttons under a person’s name on their profile on a phone. The middle button sends PMs 😊

nutterwithasolderingiron
3 minutes ago, bangyougotme said:

I legitimately can’t find the message button on my phone but, have you heard of Mogwai by any chance? They are post rock so not everyone’s cup of tea but they are from

Scotland. Just curious!

funny you should mention mogwai. i've met most of them. martin went to my old high school (when we met him, we just ranted about how shit the area we grew up was) i've seen them live a few times, stuart brought one of my old guitars through a friend of mine, i've bumped into stuart while walking his dog (he stays a few miles away from mine) and my friend brought one of his old guitars. 

bangyougotme
1 minute ago, nutterwithasolderingiron said:

funny you should mention mogwai. i've met most of them. martin went to my old high school (when we met him, we just ranted about how shit the area we grew up was) i've seen them live a few times, stuart brought one of my old guitars through a friend of mine, i've bumped into stuart while walking his dog (he stays a few miles away from mine) and my friend brought one of his old guitars. 

Jfjxjsbfuddjd, what?! I guess it is a small world after all... I have been listening since I was 14. I’ve seen them live five times. That’s crazy. I guess I need to visit Scotland (on my list anyway).

nutterwithasolderingiron
1 minute ago, bangyougotme said:

Jfjxjsbfuddjd, what?! I guess it is a small world after all... I have been listening since I was 14. I’ve seen them live five times. That’s crazy. I guess I need to visit Scotland (on my list anyway).

if you've been a member of the glasgow music scene, you've met someone in mogwai, jesus and mary chain, the vaselines, belle and Sebastian or some other bands..... it just kinda happens eventually.

infact. first time i met stuart was actually quite funny. my friend dragged me into this hippy shop around the corner from my flat. not my scene at all. now i'm gonna be honest. i tend to get distracted when i see a dog and this guy had his dog in the shop. i start playing with the dog asking "what is it's name" he said the dogs name and i was like "you look and sound like stuart from mogwai" and he just said "that's cos i am stuart from mogwai" then i went completely silent and said "your blue shergold guitar you played at the barrowlands show 2 years ago.... that was my guitar"  

Why not, I'm up for meeting people.

Danigirl86. I like manga/anime, video games, Dungeon and dragons, reading, writing, drawing, walking...just a general geek.

Twisted Tempest

I would love to hear from any of you! I'm happy to talk about near enough anything really, even if I don't really know much about the subject, I will still happily listen and learn! 

I'm here for you all! :D

• Like 2

There still isn't nearly enough messages in my inbox! Talk to me about space or tell a bad joke!

• Like 1
Laughing Willow

Hello hello! I absolutely love getting to know new people, so drop me a line! A few conversation starter points, I'm a former competitive chef, I'm a renaissance reenactment actor, I love hiking, folk and modern dance, and enjoy talking about apocalypse contingency plans. 😁

• Like 1

HELLO! i’m an aro/ace and i’ve just come to terms with it n feeling very happy! i need new ace friends so pls drop me a PM i would greatly appreciate it.

here’s some of my interests, let me know if we have any in common!

- mac demarco & rex orange county

- film

- heath ledger

- writing

- stranger things (and other shows just ask me!)

- i’m 19

- fun fact i chopped off a good majority of my hair and it’s been pretty cool seeing people’s reactions

- i develop squishes on people rly often and it sucks because i don’t want anything romantic with them but i still get nervous lol

okay that’s it this is long i hope i can make new friends luv y’all!!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm Lizzie, and I am a queerromantic-asexual. I want to make more friends that I can be open about my sexuality with, because I am still largely closeted. 

I am interested in reading fantasy, sci-fi, distopia, and science books. Recently, I've been learning about touch starvation, and that's what brought me here. 

Please feel free to talk to me about any of your interests, especially astronomy, psychology, and books. (I'm especially interested in Harry Potter)

Much love to all you beautiful people,

Lizzie 💜

• Like 1

thequietplace

It would be great to hear from anyone, sure there is at least one thing in common - PM me about music (metal/rock), astronomy/astrophotography, space, yoga, meditation, the outdoors, watersports, adrenaline sports (bungee jumping/paragliding etc etc), art, books especially sci fi, physics/science (although I am not a scientist myself), environment, MCU/DC movies, travelling, or if you just need someone to talk to about anything.

Don't be shy :)

• Like 4
thequietplace

PM'ed a few of you look forward to chatting :)

Edit: Just realised my profile now says A-mazing, I assume that's good? no longer an amoeba?? Forum evolution

• Like 1

I joined the site a couple of weeks ago but didn't immediately think to post here. My thought had been to hang around the site a bit more before PMing people BUT I would be very happy to hear from other members, I put some interests in my profile but it's along the lines of food, cooking, music, reading, video games ... typical homebody activities 😸

• Like 1
Strange-quark

*Stumbles around, liking posts* I'm posting here again, just because I don't have the energy right now to initiate conversations, but you can always PM me. Gonna be a bit busy with studies, so don't panic if I don't respond immediately. You all seem really cool! There's stuff in my profile, but it's sometimes hard to find ;)

This sounds fun! I love talking to strangers and have since the minute I started talking (which always terrified my mother, haha!) 

I'd love to PM with anyone anytime! I will do my best to be responsive as quickly as possible, but sometimes I go through phases of not logging in to anything and isolating a bit, but I think this might be nice to give me a reason to log in! 

I'll talk about anything, but here are some topics I enjoy... 

- Star Trek 

- Harry Potter 

- Crafting 

- Anthropology 

- Psychology

- Science-Fiction anything

- Classic Literature 

- Writing 

- Dogs/Animals  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I need ace friends! Feel free to message me. I like anime, anthropology, traveling, french, being sassy and laughing.

• 2 weeks later...
CancerIsAStarsign

Yo! PM me!

I like:

▪️ Nerdy stuff like video games and Magic cards

▪️ Horror movies

▪️ Old rock music

▪️ Sci-fi

▪️ Medicinal science

▪️  SPAAACCCEEEE

▪️ Basically talk about anything, and if I don't like/understand it I'll gently guide us away from that.

I'm down to talk religion!

Edited by CancerIsAStarsign
Added to likes
  • 2 weeks later...
Wondrous Stranger

Hello! I am really looking forward to getting to know you guys. PM me about any of the following (or whatever you want, honestly).

I particularly like discussing:

- philosophy (especially epistemology)

- literature (currently obsessed with Hamlet and Faust but really all books are amazing)

- academics/the scholastic journey

Other random facts we might connect over:

- I have a weird obsession with spacetime right now; let's chat about quantum field theory

- I'm Mormon so if you want to talk religion that'd be great

- I have lately felt a pull to learn about Scottish history (also to hopefully visit sometime in the relatively near future)

Fandoms (because I'm always down to fangirl with someone):

- Good Omens

- Doctor Who (this is recent - I'm only on season 6)

- Sherlock

- Supernatural

- Hamlet

- Nerdfighteria

- Harry Potter (I'm in Ravenclaw; love Harry Potter and the Sacred Text)

- I'm leaving a ton out because this message is getting too long.

sunflowersundae

Somewhat hesitant to post here but I also have been really tired of being the only ace person that I know so I gotta start somewhere right?

Hello I'm a newbie here and I'm hoping to meet new friends!

I love to discuss:

-music; my most favorite genre is goth music, and the post-punk scene. Some of my most favorite bands include New Order, Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, Siouxie and The Banshees, Joy Division, and Bauhaus to name a few. I also love Kate Bush, Echo and The Bunnymen, and various other genres you may not expect! (anyone into Japanese citypop?)

-fashion, specifically j-fashion/harajuku fashion like fairy kei and lolita.

-disney parks (I'm a huge disney parks history buff, I'm a fan of a lot of them peeps who discuss them on the youtubes lol)

-art and art history

-fairytales and fairytale motifs are a huge one, I have a passion for fairies and fairytales lol

-animated movies

-Animals

other things I love

-Video games (I love Splatoon, SSB, Kirby, Pokemon, Touhou, Zelda, the MOTHER series and many more)

-Anime and manga (be warned, my tastes run eclectic and even a bit obscure, don't really know much about the popular titles right now lol)

-Cartoons

-cute pastel aesthetics

there's a lot more that I'm leaving out since this post is getting long, but if you do art, I'd like to see it too!

I'm totally up for PM's! I need more ace friends for sure. I love anything mystical, magical, astrology, Shakespeare, video games...hmmm, I just like to talk hahah 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I’m open to PM too! I’d love to meet some new ace people! Love cheesey horror movies from the 80s, Star Wars and cats! 

Edited by Fortune_Leia

Hey, i'm new here. first few minutes really. i'm a sexual looking for answers. after years of frustration. pls feel free to PM me. open to new friends, and anyone really who will help me understand anything. or just say hello.

Mackenzie Holiday

I'm always open to getting PMs :) 

My interests are on my profile and I'll probably be fleshing them out in more detail soon. But feel free to talk to me about whatever! I like getting to know people.

Hi there!

I'm fairly new to AVEN and need to be more active really. I am Brighton based and have met lovely Ace people already, but I'd love to expand even more and get to know more people. 

So PM is absolutely fine :)

I am French, have been in UK for 11 years now. I mainly love arts (photography, theater, cinema, TV series, music, comics), I am big on travels and cultures so it'd be nice to find travelling buddies eventually.

• Like 1