PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

Hey y'all, new member here. I'm looking to meet new people who are ace like me as I don't personally know any other Aces. I am heteroromantic, but I'm also still discovering. I love books and I often write stories and poems. I really love tv shows and movies, specifically Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, SuperWhoLock, The Flash and The Office. I also love pet photos, puns, and memes. 

Edited by R2_3P0
  • Like 1
sidkillsit

Totally open to making new friends! I'll talk about anything!

I mean I'm always open to talk about anything but especially if you want to talk about crafting of any type. I cross stitch and occasionally make jewelry but will gladly talk about anything from woodworking to knitting seriously just talk to me I'm very lonely

You could just drop me a PM and say 'Oh my goddd so this thing happened in this book I read/show I watch/whatever' and even though chances are I won't recognize it, I'll still try and make a conversation about it, or at least listen to you freak out over it.

• Like 1

I watch anime and game!! I also am obsessed with coffee shops and travelling/camping!! Hmu!!

• Like 1
LittleMouse

hello! I'm a recently 30 year old Ace that doesn't know a single other Ace anywhere. I would love to chat! 
I love hiking, reading fiction (trying to expand into non-fiction), listening to podcasts, and creating art. I'm an open book, ask me anything! 

• Like 2

hey! i'm pretty new, and would like to talk to other aces!

i rly like music (ranging from alternative to kpop to bollywood to etc), dance, politics, religion, and basically almost anything (except like... sports). i'd never bring up a topic if anyone's uncomfortable talking about (like politics or religion or etc), but pls pm!

• Like 1
Guest Member142243

I would love to get to know more people! I don't know anybody else who identifies as asexual so it would be nice to speak with other people who are :D

My interests are entertainment (books, music, video games and current pop culture/ trends/ chart watching and analysis), philosophy, religion and ethics, psychology and human behaviour, food and drink, the universe, dreams, the imagination and storytelling and aspirations but I love hearing about other peoples' lives and learning about the world through other people.

Feel free to say hi if you'd like to make friends! :cake:

Man, I really need to get out of my comfort zone and visit some of the other threads on this site... 

I'm up for exchanging PMs, if anyone is interested. My interests and whatnot are on my profile. 

Hey! I’d love to hear from you. I have no asexual friends or connections and would very much like to change that. I am a 25 year old female working as an economist.

My interests include movies (favourites include Singin’ in the Rain, Spinal Tap, Whiplash, Star Wars, Eighth Grade, Phantom Thread, David Fincher, Tarantino, Christopher Nolan); television (Breaking Bad, The Office, The Thick Of It, Peep Show, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development); music (a like a variety - mostly rock and pop artists); books (Stephen King, HP, non-fiction too); travel (my last trip was to NYC); veggie/vegan food (have been veggie my whole adult life); a little running (5km and 10km)

Look forward to hearing from you! 👍

RakshaTheCat

Guess I'll try, why not 😺

I'm a cat. Curious but skittish one. Thinks that most people should be avoided, except those super rare ones who care about trust. Occam's razor is my friend.

Example topics I like to discuss:

• How can we get to know ourselves better?
  • How can we get to know others better?
  • How do we know what we want?
  • How do we know what's good for us?
  • How can we steer our life to make it more pleasant for us and those around us?
  • How to get rid of annoying people from our lives?
  • How to deal with people if we don't like socializing?
  • Minimalism
  • How to find people to talk about things like that?
  • Answering any kind of questions you might have.
  • Listening to whatever you want to tell me about yourself.

Anyone brave enough? I don't bite, and scratch only those who like being scratched 😸

• Like 1

Bonjour...

Just another socially anxious person trying to pretend to be human- *coughs* err...I mean normal...  

If anyone fancies a chat about something quirky, creepy or just generally weird then I’m your comrade. :) 

Looking forward to finding victims/friends...

• Like 2

I'm down for making friends. I'll talk about pretty much anything and listen to pretty much anything too. I don't bite unless I'm cornered so yeah. Hi

• Like 1

I'll give it a shot! I'm into comics, gaming, and horror! If you're into Zelda, SPN, Silent Hill, or Xenoblade, I'm your guy~

Edited by SamLock
certified_space_ace

Hey I'm pretty new here and would love to make some ace friends. Kind of at a loss for where to start. My interests include books, dogs, and watching a lot of TV. I don't really know how to self-advertise, so I won't try. But, I'm down to talk about anything and would love to get to know some people.

Hello! I'm kinda new to aven. But I just wanna talk to people, and make ace friends. I mostly like dancing, movies, art, music and avatar the last airbender (the cartoon).  But I like talking about anything. Pm! I love meeting new people. :)

Hello! I'm kinda new to aven. But I just wanna talk to people, and make ace friends. I mostly like dancing, movies, art, music and avatar the last airbender (the cartoon).  But I like talking about anything. Pm! I love meeting new people. 💙

• Like 2

I really don't know what to say, but I like the idea of prodding the void.

So I will try and poke a few of the people posted here... look out!

And, um, here's a terrible (love?) poem that I think is funny.... (think "roses are red")

The ocean is blue
The ocean is green
I have seen that
Which slumbers unseen

Dreams show me more
Than I can imagine
Cthulhu fhtagn,
Cthulhu fhtagn.

I'm a newbie and I'm not a very good conversation starter but if anything on my profile is of interest then ask away. 

Hello~

Is it me you're looking for?

I might be 😂

Hello. I really need more friends.

- I listen to a lot of different types of music... namely North America from about 1955-Present

- Sherlock & Doctor Who

- Movies are yes

- I like good standup comedy

- Bonus points if you're British :D

Fun fact about me: I live with my sister and her son (he turns two in the fall)

Hi

So I am rather interested in the art of confusing people. Not the crude version in which you drop great life changing truths on people you care about just to take it away a moment later. No I am talking about more subtle ways.

Imagine that you are on your way somewhere important, and suddenly you run into a sign displaying all sorts of baked goods. Since you are in a hurry you sharply shake your head and continue to run. Soon you are once again caught by surprise. You recently baked and you start to wonder if you might have forgotten it in the oven just before you left. This is strengthened by the fact that you accidentally burned your last attempt at baking. Suddenly you stand still. And in front of you is another sign warning you about the dangers of fire hazards. Now panicking you realise that the closest fire alarm is a little bit outside the kitchen so that you can avoid setting it whenever you open the oven. Running back home you cannot think about anything but the horrendous consequences of the fire. Of course there is no fire and you had not put anything in the oven. But try to tell that to the people you where about to meat.

This story do quite nicely represent why I like the art of confusion so very much. It is so easy to avoid confusion if you only know what signs not to have on display.

The story above and the explanation around it is built around metaphors for another story. And based on the fact that I decided to tell that story hidden behind another and that that story describes me as hiding behind confusion (in a secondary manner) you could conclude that I rarely say what I mean.

shellsbelles

Interesting idea and kind of terrifying but let’s give it a shot!

On 8/15/2011 at 4:48 AM, slippydooz said:

The title says it all. I was reading in another thread how some of us are hesitant to start a PM conversation to get to know someone new, just because of how awkward it can be. I have been guilty of that myself. So this is a thread for members who are open to receiving PM's.

Post a reply if you want to participate. Just do it, no need to feel weird about it. Also, be sure to send messages and not just receive.

That's it. Have fun! 8)

I want to participate.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, Klaus said:

Hi

So I am rather interested in the art of confusing people. Not the crude version in which you drop great life changing truths on people you care about just to take it away a moment later. No I am talking about more subtle ways.

Imagine that you are on your way somewhere important, and suddenly you run into a sign displaying all sorts of baked goods. Since you are in a hurry you sharply shake your head and continue to run. Soon you are once again caught by surprise. You recently baked and you start to wonder if you might have forgotten it in the oven just before you left. This is strengthened by the fact that you accidentally burned your last attempt at baking. Suddenly you stand still. And in front of you is another sign warning you about the dangers of fire hazards. Now panicking you realise that the closest fire alarm is a little bit outside the kitchen so that you can avoid setting it whenever you open the oven. Running back home you cannot think about anything but the horrendous consequences of the fire. Of course there is no fire and you had not put anything in the oven. But try to tell that to the people you where about to meat.

This story do quite nicely represent why I like the art of confusion so very much. It is so easy to avoid confusion if you only know what signs not to have on display.

The story above and the explanation around it is built around metaphors for another story. And based on the fact that I decided to tell that story hidden behind another and that that story describes me as hiding behind confusion (in a secondary manner) you could conclude that I rarely say what I mean.

What? 😂

AspieAlly613
10 hours ago, R2_3P0 said:

What? 😂

The post did begin with "I like confusing people". 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, AspieAlly613 said:

The post did begin with "I like confusing people". 

Well, consider yourself successful. I am most definitely confused. 

• Like 1

Looking to make new friends. Not hip to what's happening but I am open minded laid back person. Different ethnic foods, a movie here or there, a cafe, that sort of thing and there's more.  Ultimately my goal is to hopefully meet someone offline