PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

This seems like a good way to get out of my comfort zone.

I would love to meet another crocheter, but I love anything crafty. I play some video games. I also just really love cats, I love all animals, but those little fluffy jerks are the best.

I also think I think I'd be down to just talk about real shit.

I'm a 21 year old college student in Missouri. I love books and movies, and I listen to a ton of reggaeton, although I'll listen to basically any type of music. I have an unhealthy obsession with superheros, so I'm always down to talk about those as well!

also, I'm currently applying to grad school, so if there's anyone dealing with that stressful mess and wants to commiserate/vent, please do!

I've just signed up so would be interested in doing this.

I'm a 23 year old retail worker in London. I like reading (although I admittedly don't do enough of it), cooking, and anything Doctor Who related. I'm also a psychology graduate. I'm a bit quiet and a little nervous so it would be nice to chat with some like minded people while I find my feet here. 

I'm a 20 year old music student, pretty socially awkward and anxious but I'd like to make some friends and I'm open to talking about whatever. I like playing Animal Crossing and some other Nintendo games, and I also like to sing and write/arrange music. I have 3 pet hermit crabs too!

firewallflower

I'm eighteen years old and a college student, studying music and also interested in social work, sociology, and psychology (among many other things). I'm observantly Jewish, been unschooled until this year, and consider myself a lifelong learner. In my down time, I'm fond of reading, writing, listening to music, creating music (I play multiple instruments as well as singing), and did I mention reading? As a general rule, I'm incredibly shy/quiet/socially anxious, but I also tend to get pretty wordy when writing, so fair warning. :) I'd be up for chatting about pretty much anything (books, music, nature, religion, life, etc.), though obviously I might not have much to say on every topic. I'll do my best, however!

I should also note that, while I'm currently on winter break, my upcoming schedule is shaping up to be pretty hectic, so I may or may not always be able to get back to you exceedingly promptly (though I'll do my best to respond sooner rather than later).

confusedcrocs

Hello, I'm 18 and a college student - doing biomedical engineering. I enjoy playing karate, watching ice hockey, reading books and writing, adventure and photography. I'm an observant Muslim too, and an expert at handling really rough situations, and an excellent advice giver, so if you want to just talk about random things in life, tea and food, or sports, hit me up!

I'm open to talking about anything and everything. I'm an avid reader, avid music-listener, and coffeeshop hopper. Oh, and I love cats too.

i like the idea though I'm shy/quiet/socially anxious,time helps ...but would be happy to make friends.

What's up guys, gals, and non-binary pals?

Who am I? I've been asking myself that for years. This is what I can tell you:

I'm genderflux(fluid?) so whatever pronouns you pick I'm chill with, my name can be a boys name or a girls name and I'm used to getting called anything over the years ^^ I am a Ravenclaw . . . or possibly the Slytherin who told the Sorting Hat I was going to be in Ravenclaw, no if, ands, or buts ^^ I have chronic pain so I can sympathize with doctors visits and just generally being at war with your body.

I'm learning to crochet, so if you've got any fun patterns, or want to share inspiration, hit me up.

I try to bullet journal, but I fall behind so often. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or patterns they like to share, or just want to share their journals, I love looking at peoples journals they rock.

Fandoms? Six of Crows readers out there? I'd love to fan over the duology with you, I'm obsessed, and am currently planning my cosplay for a con in the spring; I will be Kaz.

Also obsessed with Sanders Sides, if anyone wants to theorize I'd love to toss ideas around.

My Hero Academia is my anime of my life! And hey, today is Friday, that means the manga updated . . . I'm writing a fan fiction for the series with several headcannons ^^ it's a blast. 

Lazytown. Yes, the Icelandic kids show from way back when. I know, I know. But it genuinely inspires me to take care of myself and is a great comfort to me so if anyone else shares my love for a sports elf and a lazy fae, let me know :D

I'm going to start learning Sindarin, so if anyone else knows/is learning, we should chat!

Since accepting for myself that I'm ace, I've been getting into all things ace/gay. Introduced to memes and vines over the summer . . . my ace pintrest board now has over 850 pins on it, I've got my ace ring and I snicker anytime I'm near an Ace Hardware.

Oh wow my typing just got out of hand didn't it . . . well, send me a message! I'd love to chat!

- Jo

• Like 1
Yourbiggestfan

Well I would love to talk to anyone at all.  I am pretty easy to talk to and pretty good at listening.

I'm into reading and the occasional video game and will chat about anything at all.

I would like to hear from you. 

Wouldn't normally do this but Hay! I'm bored and free and lonely - I'll talk about anything as long as it is not modern pop (unless it's about how bad it is) lol ;)

I would love to chat with other asexual people, as my status as totally uninsteresed in intercouse has ensured I will forever feel a vague sense of loneliness. 

I love books, watching debates, dogs, and music. I don't like that weird noise people make when they swallow really loudly, discrimination, the idea that world peace is unattainable, reflecting on embarrassing moments while they're still too fresh, and raisin cookies. I mentally read all of this in Jacksepticeye's voice. 

Hey I'm on AVEN a lot as you know. 

I have a friend who is very shy and looking for some friends on AVEN to talk regularly with. He asked if I'd do this for him.

@Jax Nikara PM him if you'd like to say hi and talk! He might take a bit to respond cause he doesn't come on AVEN everyday though. But he's a great guy and really nice!

Custard Cream

Yes!  Please! I'm not shy and I promise to answer.

I'm female, panromantic, based in the UK. New to AVEN - only just figured myself out. I am keen to make friends. I'll be contacting a few people on this list soon! 

Interests: reading (esp MR James and ghost stories, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter) writing (working on first novel), cooking, jewellery making / beading, embroidery, art and really just about anything else! .

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I guess I can give this a try 😃

Hey hey! I am SG!
I've actually been around AVEN for a while but I tend to lurk a lot XP
I am happy to talk to people and make friends! My main interests are philosophy, video games, comics, food, artz and writing!
But I also don't mind just chatting too!

• Like 1

I'm an open book although how wordy and interesting I am really depends (in descending order of importance):

1. if I'm currently on a shitlist (ie mood)
  2. how energetic I am

on the topic discussed

If any 1 of the 3 is very low, that outweighs the other 2 even if they're max ie I won't have much (interesting) commentary ATM.

Hello! I’m a 19 year old music student and I can be kind of socially awkward, but I’d be happy to chat about basically anything and meet other aces!

I love spending time with animals or in nature, creating art, fencing, and baking vegan desserts. I’m a big Orphan Black and Doctor Who fan (but I’m unfortunately terribly behind on Doctor Who), and I also like anime. I like video games as well; if you have any recommendations, let me know!

Edited by ametrine
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! * waves*

I'm a 34 yr old health care professional. 

My life goals include:

1. A cat

2. A home

3. Ultimately a life-partner who understands that everything does not revolve around sex, and there is so much more to love and life (hugely ironic considering the branch of health care I work in, but hey-ho).

Hey everyone. I’m Bryce. I’m 26 and a male.

I live in Missouri. 

I’m interested in getting a to know people on here and chatting about anything really. I love history, comics, game of thrones , and I’m a huge car and motorcycle person. But I’d also like to know what you are interested in!

CunningComposer

Hi everyone! I'm a 24 year-old grad student/composer in Philadelphia, USA.  I love music (obviously), theatre, studying foreign languages, traveling, and Harry Potter.  I'd love to meet people here and make some ace friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people. I love books (The Picture Of Dorian Gray, East Of Eden, Jane Eyre, Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, and Breakfast Of Champions are some of my favorites), I also love music, and ASL (American Sign Language). I'm open to talking about anything though. I would love to make some ace friends. 

This sounds interesting, I'm gonna give this a try since I'm always looking for new friends :)

I'm a 17 years old girl from Europe and I like reading, music, working out, writing, history, memes, learning new languages and watching stuff on YouTube. I'm shy and socially awkward but I still try my best. Anyways, don't hesitate to pm me if you're interested.

• Like 1

I usually don't branch out much, but here it goes...

Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm a 20 year old University student studying biological sciences. I Iove learning in general, but I've recently gotten into politics, birds and I've always loved dinosaurs. I enjoy DIYs/crafts (especially painting and I'm learning digital illustration... so tips are welcome if you have any) , hockey (typical Canadian LOL), and anything outdoors. I have my awkward moments, but I'd love to talk to other people who don't just accept my asexuality, but can identify/understand it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am really new to this site but I am 36, I write all day and draw all night, I've gone back to college and am studying psychology, and I'm interested in any talk that isn't small! I love a good dad joke, and the harder I roll my eyes at it, the better. If you make me laugh so hard I can't breathe, even better. Tell me what interests you and let's geek out.

This is weird but I'll give this a try... I'm 14, not usually socially awkward. I can be crazy at times but who doesn't love crazy? I'm in way too many fandoms it can't be healthy. 

• 2 weeks later...
GRexCarolinii

Been a while since I've PM'd people and be nice to start some chatting :) 

I'm Caroline
I read a lot - mostly sci-fi/fantasy but trying to branch out this year
I adore My Hero Academia (though anime watcher first as struggle to follow manga until I've seen it animated).
I also love my Nintendo Switch :D 

probably plenty of other things I can talk about too, so just ping a message. 

AVeryTakenUsername

Lurked this site for a while and finally decided to be brave and create an account lol. But I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring too so to speak.

I'm Caleb. And I work full time in fast food as a manager while I figure out what I'm going to go to school for. I love both writing and animals so I am thinking it will be one of those two things. I've loved writing fiction and creating stories my entire life. And I have always felt a very close connection and admiration for animals. So if you're a fellow writer or animal lover we'll get along just perfect I imagine.

I'm very shy, despite managing a bunch of people every day lol. Once I get to know you though I'm very excitable and warm though. And even a little weird probably lol. So if you bear with me you've already made a ton of progress with me.

I've been a gamer my entire life. I've played tons of series on tons of systems and I'm still playing almost every day. I also like watching shows, movies, writing and cooking. Besides that though I'll try just about anything with the right person who can get me out of my shell. I tend to get "adopted" by extroverts a lot for that reason lol. But I also tend to make friends with other introverts as well because of how similar we are too, so don't let that scare you off.

Looking forward to hearing from any of you.

Hi! i guess heres a little bit about me

im 13 and really awkward, i like video games, i really like astrology, im a pisces, im learning Japanese, i like memes, i listen to music whenever i can, i love Japan and maybe want to move there one day.

The Incarnation Of Boredom

Add me to the list! I enjoy debating why asexuality is so underappreciated, why certain opinions and assumptions are formed about us, and generally rant and debate about any topic, really.

Hey everyone! I am Amy, 24 year old living in Australia :) I work in the healthcare industry and enjoy hiking on my weekend - when I can be bothered... Outside of that, I occasionally go for long drives or trips around the country, I don’t have much of a social life.. Would love to make some connections here, learn a little more about the world of asexuality and maybe become a little more comfortable with the term :)