Why are Older People So Right Wing?

thylacine

7 hours ago, errortonin said:

its in plain english, there fore it is easy to read. i blame your age. 

See, this is a well structured post. Getting there.

Sure rants alot

A quote I read regarding our U.S. politics:

"The eagle needs both the left and right wing or it will not fly."

I'm conservative now. I used to be rather liberal. I used to be kind of confused. I used to be a silly teenager who did things or said things that make me cringe now.  I used to do things to please other people. I used to do things that made me miserable because I didn't want to hurt someones feelings or because I didn't have the courage to express my own voice. I once did things I wouldn't even consider doing now. 

I suppose I live life with this attitude found in 1st Corinthians:

"All things are permissible but not all things are beneficial." 

Sometimes it takes age and experience to be able to tell the difference. This is also known as Wisdom. 

Unfortunately, some people never find wisdom and cling to old values that are no longer beneficial. I'm not sure some of the old values were ever that beneficial. I wouldn't want to go back to those "good old days" at all and I'm over 65. However there are some "old" values that I do think are beneficial at least to me.

Knight of Cydonia

^ That story got soooo botched by the media. Watching other videos of the "incident", especially that hour+ video by the Hebrew Israelites, makes that clear. Also, the boys' story has never wavered and has remained consistent with each new video. Nathan Phillips' story, meanwhile, has been shown to be extremely unreliable. He's not even a "Vietnam vet" as he claimed.

As you get older you realize you are going to die. This is unpleasant news to any living organism but more so humans since we understand the ramifications of death. This makes us all a bit scared and nervous. So we want others to feel the same anxiety we feel as older people. Therefore older people vote rightwing, which doesn't just scare those dang kids or other Americans, but the whole world! ( if you can't tell this is parody or satire, its parody or satire)

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, MiseryTriumphant said:

As you get older you realize you are going to die. This is unpleasant news to any living organism but more so humans since we understand the ramifications of death. This makes us all a bit scared and nervous. So we want others to feel the same anxiety we feel as older people. Therefore older people vote rightwing, which doesn't just scare those dang kids or other Americans, but the whole world! ( if you can't tell this is parody or satire, its parody or satire)

Sure rants alot

I'm older and I have some very conservative ideology and I have some Liberal ideology. Also there are some things that upset a lot of people that I really don't give a frogs fat fanny about.

As for the Covington boys I see a bunch of teenagers who are trying to figure it out.  Why should a  white teenager wearing a MAGA hat be any more threatening than an African American teenager wearing a hoodie.  It isn't an issue until someone in the media makes it an issue. I'm all for free press but it seems like they are crossing the line from reporting the news to yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire.

Archived