What are places you have / would like to travel to?

Fruit Bowl

• 2 weeks later...
Maiflower

I recently made a map of all the counties in the US I have visited, which I will insert below:

wgmJVY0.png

I'm from southeastern Massachusetts (though I'm moving to eastern Rhode Island in August) which is how I've been all over the northeast. Right now I'm in California for a conference, so the first time I visited Orange County was yesterday. Outside of the US, I've only visited Aruba.

I love travelling and want to do it more. I want to visit every state (so far I've been to 11) and 6 continents (I'm fine with not going to Antarctica). I'm not really picky about where I'd go, just as long as I'm safe.

There's honestly too many to list and I'm unlikely to ever be able to afford to travel to any of them. 

Tsunami3107

I am from Moscow. If someone wants to visit, I can help. I want to go everywhere. Most of all I want to the

neighboring galaxy, but I can not. It is expensive, impossible, and my biological body will not survive this.

Edited by Tsunami3107
I do not speak English. I correct errors
8 hours ago, JannahM said:

There's honestly too many to list and I'm unlikely to ever be able to afford to travel to any of them. 

I don't know your age, but you may be surprised.    When I was growing up, my "travel" consisted of taking the subway to the end of the line.  It gave me a sense of adventure in distant places.  Far Rockaway was like the ends of the earth.   Now,  40 years later, I have been all over the world.  

• 2 weeks later...
MoonDancer

When I was in college, I knew that studying abroad may be the only chance for me to travel outside of the country. Nobody in my family had money for exotic trips abroad, and travel was a little cheaper if you were a student, so I chose my dream destination. Kenya. I chose it because I loved watching nature shows on TV, and the program included a trip to Masai Mara. Best summer session class ever!

Have been to: USA (driven from NY to FLA, also been to Vermont, Montana, Washington... LA for a day due to a missed flight 🤬), Germany, Wales, Samoa, Fiji and American Samoa for extended stopovers. Have lived in England, New Zealand and Australia.

Bucket List: Vietnam, Uruguay, Argentina, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria

• 2 weeks later...
CelesteAdAstra

I've been to most of the coutries neighbouring Germany, and I've been to the Baltics last year. Such a wonderful place with a beautiful culture!

I actually made a list of all countries, and I'll try to cross off as many as I can. I want to see the whole world, and I plan to visit England and Iceland this year.

Grumpy Alien

I love to travel!

Places I’ve lived:

United States

England

Places I’ve visited:

the Bahamas

Canada

Iceland

Scotland

Wales

France

Germany

the Netherlands 

Belgium

Luxembourg

Places at the top of my to-visit list:

Morocco

Egypt

Japan 

South Korea

North Korea

Ukraine

Russia

Italy

Ireland

India

Cuba

• 11 months later...
GingerRose
On 4/22/2019 at 6:29 AM, Firefly8 said:

I'll travel (almost) anywhere. Traveling gives me life.

Have you traveled out of US before?

GingerRose

Visited:

Illinois

Missouri

Florida

Georgia

Texas

New Mexico

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Louisiana

I want to go outside of the US:

1. England

2. Norway

3. Chile

4. Malaysia

5. Jordan

GingerRose
On 5/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Kimchi Peanut said:

North Korea

Aren't you afraid it will be a one way trip?

3 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Have you traveled out of US before?

Yes, I prefer to travel outside of the US. I've been to 14 countries. 

GingerRose
21 minutes ago, Firefly8 said:

Yes, I prefer to travel outside of the US. I've been to 14 countries. 

That's awesome!

• Like 1
Gucci_Grape

I currently really just want to go to Europe. Specifically, I just want to travel across Europe on a major trip with my family! I've never been outside of the Americas ever! I would also like to go to Japan, but being black, I'm apprehensive to go to place that is so openly racist. I would fear for my safety (even though it is so pretty there.

Grumpy Alien
10 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Aren't you afraid it will be a one way trip?

Sort of. I would be extra mega super careful and not even talk about how weird things are when I’m in my hotel room. But that’s not the sort of experience most people get to have and come out alive. Yet there is a relatively safe way of seeing that tiny glimpse into their world. I can’t do anything about the Hell hole that is North Korea but I could at least see it (or rather, the government’s stage play of what they wish was North Korea) for myself. I think that would be really interesting. I love experiencing worlds that are very different from my own little bubble. While I can’t see the real North Korea and survive, the act they put on is at least an insight to the insanity that is the wealthy trying to maintain the facade. It’s just utterly fascinating. Especially when you consider it split from South Korea! They couldn’t be more different. South Korea is so normal and nice and then you get to the border and it’s suddenly hard to believe NK exists! Yeah, I would just love to go. I think I must’ve been a journalist in my past life 😂

AmusedSkeptic

I've been to Germany, France, Costa Rica, and Spain. I want to travel to Finland, Ecuador, Brazil, Russia, Canada, Australia, and Vietnam.

I've lived in the US and France.

Visited 19 European countries (I think?  might be missing some), Russia, South Africa, Morocco, Canada, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Cambodia, and Vietnam.

I've already been to Italy 3 times, but I'd very much like to go back.  I'd also be interested in visiting Turkey for the archeology, and Switzerland since my father's family is of Swiss German descent (came over in the 1880s, so take that as you will).

I’ve been to a lot of states in the USA (born in Kentucky, and have lived most of my life in Washington state, and have traveled around the country), Canada (Victoria, Vancouver, and I think a couple of other places), and Israel. I would love to go on a trip where I visit all the countries that I know my family came from. Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Russia, Germany, Romania, Belarus, Lithuania, Australia, and so many more. Some would be a little scary to do, like Russia. I  feel I might get more in touch with my ancestors, though. I also would like to go to places like Japan, South Korea, Spain, Mexico, etc. There are so many interesting places to go out there. 

J. van Deijck
On 4/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, Firefly8 said:

I'll travel (almost) anywhere. Traveling gives me life.

Just this.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
J. van Deijck

I haven't found a thread like this, so if it exists, feel free to merge please.

So the question is, where in the world have you been? Which countries have you visited, which ones did you like and which you didn't? 

The United Kingdom and the United States. That's it. I haven't done a lot of travelling.

I loved my time in the UK. No complaints and I really felt at home.

The US... kinda mixed. The first time was when I was 12, and my mum and dad and I took a brief trip to a very picturesque area in the Adirondack Mountains in New York in the winter. It was gorgeous, although we drove through a lot of very impoverished small towns and rural areas to get there, which wasn't something I'd seen before in that way. Another time in my late 20s I visited some of my ex-husband's family in Princeton, New Jersey, and it was a nice enough (and rather posh) area. Some things about the United States freak me out, like the border guards. This brief skit from a Canadian sketch comedy show is... well, exaggerated for comedic effect, but the point it's making is very much based in truth. I've had some uncomfortable experiences at the border. I didn't feel particularly welcome.

• Like 4
NoButterfly

I have been to Spain, Italy, France, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom and Schwitzerland. 
Not really any favourites. I just like the nature and history of the different places. 
But maybe the trip to Belgium with my family could be a favourite. The history of the place we visited was awe inspiring. 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
34 minutes ago, NoButterfly said:

But maybe the trip to Belgium with my family could be a favourite. The history of the place we visited was awe inspiring. 

Funny thing, I'm from Belgium actually :lol: which parts have you visited, if you don't mind me asking?

31 minutes ago, Comrade Jade Cross said:

Only traveling Ive done is to the kitchen and back

As long as your kitchen has an island, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't count :lol:

J. van Deijck

I haven't answered firstly, so now I can tell, I've only travelled within Europe. Not counting Belgium (although I think your own country counts if you've been to any places other than where you live), I've been to France, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland and Denmark. I would love to visit more, though.

1 hour ago, Ceebs said:

Some things about the United States freak me out, like the border guards. This brief skit from a Canadian sketch comedy show is... well, exaggerated for comedic effect, but the point it's making is very much based in truth. I've had some uncomfortable experiences at the border. I didn't feel particularly welcome.

That's quite interesting, I haven't seen anything like that before since I'm the EU citizen, and within EU borders virtually don't exist (you can move freely from country to country, as long as it belongs to the European Union or that Schengen area).

• Like 2
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

I've never traveled abroad, and I've only left the ConUS once to go to Hawaii when I was a toddler from what I'm told. I would like to visit Canada and perhaps one day Mexico as well, but I'm not in any hurry. There are a lot of parts of the US I still haven't really been to, such as the South, New England, and the Southwest. Midwesterners don't seem to get out as much, proudly in part because cost of living is higher on the coasts and our wages are lower, so vacations are easier financially going the other direction than they are for us.

• Like 2