I've made a decision.....

The Evil Cashew

Cashew, you were, in my opinion, the best admin that AVEN has ever had. When the rest of us in the admod team, especially me, were losing our heads qand bickering over stupid trifles or defending our own narrow interests or those of our friends over the interests of the site, you were always balanced, honest, and concerned about AVEN above all else. You were never afraid to tell me when you disagreed with me on policy, and I respected you for that. You worked endless hours doing the dirtiest jobs on AVEN (deleting spam accounts, dealing with petty fights, etc.) and AVEN is deeply indepted to you for that. The admod team is losing one of its greatest assests.

That said, I can understand why you are stepping down. I understand how stressful and conflicted life on the admon d team can be. Just don't ever think that your work wasn't appreciated.

You know, I'm really fascinated- I was - apparently - elected to an Aven forum team: nothing more whatsoever heard about that.

The Evil Cashew has been around for quite a while, and very readily, like a number of younger people (Supersinger anyone? heh!) launched into admin type positions- opted into control type stuff - where you burn out-

whereas older people (Tanwen, Greybird, self) seeem to have been sidelined- negating the things which we do very well -

comments welcomed

Hallucigenia

Islander... we're all a bit confused, too. I think there's been a miscommunication. Can you see a forum at the top of the second section of forums that says "Project Team"? That's where the rest of us who've been elected have been hanging out discussing directions to go for AVEN and creating new projects to work on. There's been, well, a bit less voting-type behaviour than it sounded like there would be in the initial proposal, but there's certainly been lots of things to do. You're welcome to post there - we've all been scratching our heads as to why you haven't yet.

The Evil Cashew has been around for quite a while, and very readily, like a number of younger people (Supersinger anyone? heh!) launched into admin type positions- opted into control type stuff - where you burn out-

whereas older people (Tanwen, Greybird, self) seeem to have been sidelined- negating the things which we do very well -

It would make sense...since the younger people are just now gaining the skills to handle more leadership positions. They are also learning how to deal with a lot in life. It takes a while to build those tools to cope with situations.

Having been both an admin and mod, I don't think Tan or Greybird have been sidelined at all. I don't remember either trying to fill in an admin position.

It should also be noted that young people have, on average, better technical skills than older members. That's a small advantage when it comes to adminning (but not modding).

I'm more than happy with the 'Older' forum, when I started my night job, I found it impossible to cope with 'Welcome' and 'JFF', the other Mods/Admins were very supportive and covered in my absence (Mon-Thurs every week). Then when the 'Older' Forum was set up (and generally speaking no where near as hectic as either of theothers) it was suggested I take that over. Adminship would be beyond me, I'm not the most computer literate of people - my lap-top tolerates me at the best of times, at others it posivtively hates me!

I don't feel as though I've been sidelined, sorry if it appeared that way.

I owuld hope our older mods haven't been sidelined. Indded I find they pften have the best advice and personally being young I'm not feeling burnout yet and I have been in the admod team for over a year.

I don't think I'm sidelined. I've just never run for the position.

I really don't think I have enough time to dedicate to AVEN to effectively serve as a full-time admin.

Part-time, in emergencies, sure, but full-time?? Yipes!

:shock:

-GB

Archived