I <3 my ace

Xstatic

I'm laying here in bed just thinking about my ace.  Our relationship has its challenges.  I get sexually frustrated, and he's just not very present romantically.  I don't know if he ever really will be, and that can be hard to accept.  But I am madly in love with him.  He is my lighthouse in the dark.  He appreciates me like no one else has.  He doesn't judge me.  He will always listen to me if I have a sad, or even just a spontaneous story in the middle of the night.  He encourages me and gives me advice.  He will hold me close all night long and gives the most amazing everyday cuddles.

Honestly, although we are on a different spectrum sexually, I could love this man forever.  Every moment I'm not with him, I'm thinking about him.  Breathing in.  Feeling knots in my stomach.  Just.  Breathing.  It's intoxicating.

I'm posting this because I've read a lot of posts dealing with the frustrations that come with an asexual/sexual partnership.  I wanted to give back something a little more uplifting and positive for those sexuals who are on AVEN because they truly want to just be a better partner.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Thank you! It's such a downer to hear some of the posts coming from the sexual community so all I can say is that I'm glad you have something very special going on. I hope it goes from strength to strength for you.

anisotrophic

❤️ yes, I'm happy too

Nearly a year after realizing the orientation, my own experience of sexual intimacy is transformed to something affirming. Accepting it as a gift, a minor chore that he'll sometimes do because it means a lot to me. It feels like one of those trust exercises: I let go, and trust he'll catch me. And he does.

A decade and a half together, I can't say it's a marriage without arguments -- but instead that those scuffles are about other things. (And knowing how to argue is key.) Our love is easy and routine. He is my other half, my other limbs, the second set of eyes, a constant partner present to experience life's challenges and joys together.

It's really awesome and encouraging to see examples of people who are content with their s/o despite the fact that they are on opposite spectrums.  I've told mine several times that I love him for who he is and I never want him to feel like he needs to change.  We are pretty open about what we're feeling and I can't stress enough to people that communication is paramount in this sort of relationship.

Thank you!!!

I also love my ace, to the ends of the world and back.

It's always so nice to meet other mixed couples that are madly in love. ❤️

Archived