___

WednesdayBlooms

Asexual_Goddess
On 1/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, WednesdayBlooms said:

I'd thought for the longest time that I was aromantic. I had made peace with that then, in reminiscing, I realized I'd had very strong feelings - romantic or platonic, I'm unsure -  for at least three girls in my lifetime. I came out to my closest friends as homoromantic, then, when I actually began to date a girl, I was so, so uncomfortable. I felt panicky and out of place constantly, and this very brief relationship provoked feelings of anxiety, depression, and the chest dysphoria I'd thought was gone. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

In the asexual community, we often separate aesthetic and romantic attraction, perhaps this is where I went wrong. I've also come across the terms aro-spec and demiromantic.

I'm, once again, confused.

This orientation may fit you

Quoiromantic - Is someone whose romantic orientation is on the aromantic spectrum that describes people who cannot differentiate between platonic and romantic attraction, cannot define romantic attraction and therefore are not sure if they experience it, experience attraction somewhere between romantic and platonic, or want to be in a queerplatonic relationship. It’s also known as WTFromantic or Whatromantic or Platoniromantic.

I am a grade A mess right now with my own sexuality and romantic orientation, but you sound like me a little bit. I sort of think I could like this girl romantically, but whenever I’m around her I’m uncomfortable and anxious and upset. I have strong feelings, I just don’t know what they are and it stresses me the hell out. We’ve got tons in common and she’s really nice and I get the feeling she likes girls, but I just feel so uncomfortable in the same space as her, and I’m so much happier when we’re apart. Maybe you’re the same way I am? 

Archived