What's your dominant hand?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which hand is dominant?

• Left hand
    • Right hand
    • Mixed (use both for certain tasks)
    • Ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

I came across this fact that one in one hundred people are ambidextrous, and scientists don't know why. I also learned that 1 in 100 people are ace and scientists don't know what causes people to be ace. I used to be ambidextrous when I was younger, but then gradually preferred my left hand. In summary, I'm just curious if all or most aces are ambidextrous. 

Very right-handed 

I'm right handed with everything except writing.

I broke my right arm when I started learning to write, so I had to learn it with my left hand.

I'm a mixed-rightie, I'm primarily right-handed, but I do certain things with my left (mostly stuff that require short nails, like putting in my contact lenses. I play the guitar, so my left hand is my short-nailed hand).

I'm a right-handed person - like a lot of people. Once I got bored and tried to train myself to be ambidextrous (apparently you can train yourself, it just takes lots of practise) but I gave up after day 2.

Left hand mixed. I was born pretty much ambidextrous but with a preference for my left hand. I injured my right arm seriously once when I had a seizure and now I do very little with it (basically the things which can only be done with right handed tools like scissors, I don't have the money to spend 10x extra on items that work in my left hand)

Right for everything except putting on wristwatches

1 minute ago, festiff said:

You wear your watch on your right hand AND are right handed? Most people who I have known to wear a watch on the right were left handed.

Alejandrogynous

Left-handed. Maybe a little mixed? Some tasks I use my right hand for but that's mostly because I live in a right-handed world so I was forced to adapt.

Definitely right hand. Broke my left arm when I was 7, so I trained my right even more, while my left hand/arm was fairly useless for a while, even after it had healed :lol:

Right hand mixed.  I can skin a beef with my left hand, and certain other tasks, but I prefer to use my right hand most of the time.

Mainly left hand but I do tend to use my right hand if my left hand cramps up or is asleep.

21 hours ago, MakeLoveNotWar said:

You wear your watch on your right hand AND are right handed? Most people who I have known to wear a watch on the right were left handed.

I'm left handed and when I wear a watch, it's on my left wrist...and omg the challenge of using my right to put it on. 😂

J. van Deijck

in my case mostly left hand, but I'm probably ambidextrous or mixed since there are things I can do with my left hand only, and most of things is easy for my both hands.

*raises right hand and waves* Hi! Another right-handed person present.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:22 AM, festiff said:

On 12/28/2018 at 9:24 AM, MakeLoveNotWar said:
On 12/28/2018 at 9:22 AM, festiff said:

*looks down at the Ace bracelet currently on my right wrist* I tend to wear my bracelets - which usually have a clasp of some sort because I like them to be smaller than they would need to be in order to slide on - on my right wrist.

I’m right-handed, though there are a few things I do more with left, like drinking out of something I do with left usually... 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ambidextrous! I also have synesthesia. I've often wondered if those are connected, and if they are connected to my sexuality as well.

Life With Masks

I'm a boring right-handed. Not that all right-handers are boring. It's just me.

I am left handed for everything except using a mouse. I use a mouse with my right because that's how I learned it in my first computer class, and when I originally did try changing it, my computer teacher got annoyed, so it just kind of stuck. I've tried using it with my left hand when I got older, but I could never get used to it at all.

Leftie, uses right hand for computer mice and phone

In terms of bracelets and watches, I always wear my watch on my right wrist so everything else (usually just my ace bracelet) goes on my left

mostly right hand. there are things i do better with my left. when I get bored in meetings I start taking notes left handed to keep me awake and practice my penmanship 

I'm ambidextrous but with preferences, I like to write with my right but I eat and drink with my left. I can switch between them but I prefer to do it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mainly left handed but can do somethings right handed, mainly because somethings feel odd to do them left handed. 

I was born left handed but due to the old wives tales and superstition of the region I live in, I was raised to use my right hand. I have horrible handwriting and I really struggle to do some things with my hands

I'm right-handed, but my left hand seems to be more agile, for want of a better word, than most right-handers'.  I can do everything except write and draw with either hand.

Very strongly left-handed. There are one or two things I do with my right hand; mostly using scissors (I had supposedly ambidextrous ones growing up, but they didn't cut as well when held in the left hand) and can openers. I am not good at either task. When I tore my left rotator cuff a few years back I discovered that I can, in fact, barely manage to use a fork properly with my right hand.

(I wear my watch on my right hand. Much easier to put on that way, and I don't like having anything on my left wrist. It feels like it gets in the way.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Born left handed. After badly breaking my left arm I had to start using my right.

Now im back to leading with my left.

Custard Cream

Left handed although I do use my computer mouse in my right hand.

Archived