Wearing a Black Ring on left hand?

Hi, I only realised I was Asexual just over a week ago and I have already bought a black ring.  I haven’t started wearing it yet as I haven’t told anyone that I’m Asexual.  I know it would normally be worn on middle finger of my right hand but if I wear it on middle finger of my left hand would this have another meaning?

I’m not wearing it to be identified by anyone, it just something I want to do for myself.  I already wear a gold ring on both hands and without anyone knowing the reason for the black one I’m worried it will look odd.  I wear a black watch on my left wrist so I think it would be easier to use that as the reason for the black ring.  I’m hoping it would just look like I’d swapped the gold ring for a black one.

Just wanted to check that wearing it on the left hand didn’t mean something else?

According to what I've read some time ago, wearing an ace ring on the middle finger of the left hand stands for "forever single", it being next to the "married" finger. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Chocolatedevil00 said:

I tried to do a little bit of research for you and found This so wearing it on the left hand may not be the best idea 

I showed that thread to my room mate and she was shocked. Neither she nor her friends that she checked it out with had any clue about the black ring standing for swinging (she and her friends were active swingers). I go ahead and wear the ring I bought on the ring finger of my right hand.

• Like 1

I wear both a black ring with a rainbow of colored stones and a black band on my right middle finger as a symbol of both gay pride and my lack of sexual desires. The only time I'm questioned is concerning all my rings, 14 in all. BTW each ring has it's own meaning. The only finger empty is my left ring finger. It would take someone really very special to place one there.

Have I mentioned that I'm an odd duck?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MakeLoveNotWar said:

@AgingRainbow wow, 14? I can barely handle having one on each hand (technically the one on my left is a set so maybe 3)

Three alone are on my right ring finger that once occupied the left. One, the first ring Pat placed when we exchanged vows in 93. The other two the more traditional wedding rings we both wore for more than twenty years. Four years after her passing I moved them over to the right.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AgingRainbow said:

Three alone are on my right ring finger that once occupied the left. One, the first ring Pat placed when we exchanged vows in 93. The other two the more traditional wedding rings we both wore for more than twenty years. Four years after her passing I moved them over to the right.

I am sorry for your loss. About 15 years ago I also lost a partner of a little over a decade.

It's a rough thing to go through. Her family has allowed me to retain her ashes and I'll join her when my time comes. She now rests in the same room where she passed.

• Like 1

I work in landscaping and wear black washers o-rings typically on my right middle finger to keep them handy. It's annoying when ppl assume it means gay though and flirt, etc 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, Koning said:

According to what I've read some time ago, wearing an ace ring on the middle finger of the left hand stands for "forever single", it being next to the "married" finger. 

I would be quite happy with that meaning as I’m aromantic as well.

I was back at work today so decided to wear my black ring on my right hand middle finger.  I’d only been there about an hour when someone asked about the ring.  Luckily they only asked if I was a Christmas present, I said yes but didn’t explain the meaning behind it as I’m not ready to tell anyone yet.  I’m sure they didn’t know the real reason I’m wearing it.

Now I’m kind of Nervous and happy about wearing it at work as there are around 300 people working there and I don’t know if anyone else will know what it’s stands for.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear mine on my left ring finger, simply because I bought it before becoming aware of the significance of which finger you wear it on