sleeping habits

Phie

Sleeping habits  

102 members have voted

1. 1. At what time do you usually go to bed?

• between midnight and 02:00AM
    • between 02:00AM and 04:00AM
    • between 04:00AM and 06:00 AM
    • between 06:00AM and 08:00AM
    • between 08:00AM and 10:00AM
    • between 10:00AM and noon
    • between noon and 02:00PM
    • between 02:00PM and 04:00PM
    • between 04:00PM and 06:00PM
    • between 06:00PM and 08:00PM
    • between 08:00PM and 10:00PM
    • between 10:00PM and midnight
    • my sleep schedule is a mess, so it varies A LOT
    • I don't sleep
  2. 2. How much sleep do you usually get in a day?

• fewer than 3 hours
    • 3 to 4 hours
    • 4 to 5 hours
    • 5 to 6 hours
    • 6 to 7 hours
    • 7 to 8 hours
    • 8 to 9 hours
    • 9 to 10 hours
    • 10 to 11 hours
    • 11 to 12 hours
    • over 12 hours
  3. 3. Do you think you get the right amount of sleep?

• no, a lot less than I should
    • no, less than I should
    • yes
    • no, more than I should
    • no, a lot more than I should

This poll is closed to new votes

I tend to go to bed pretty late, usually at around 2AM, so I get around 6 hours of sleep every day (on average). I don't think it affects me too much though, I don't seem to need a lot of sleep.

How about you? How do you feel about your sleeping habits and how do they affect you?

1-2am. I just stay on my devices too long and suddenly go “oh no it’s 1:35am and I have school at 8 tomorrow!” 

I should probably sleep more...

I go to bed moderately early. Between 8 and 9 pm unless I am out doing something and those things are usually not much later than that. For over 15 years now I have had serious trouble sleeping. Varying from less than an hour a night to more recently up to 4-5 hours a night. I wish I could get more but it does seem that I can do with less than most people.

I fall asleep whenever when I don't have work the next day. When I have to work I fall asleep from around 8-10PM since I have to wake up so early. I need a lot of sleep to function.

everywhere and nowhere

I hate sleeping. I wish I could rest without sleeping and read all night...

I go to bed between 10 pm and midnight. I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep, though sometimes I'll only get 6 hours. I think I need more sleep since I'm always tired in the morning.

3 hours ago, Strifed said:

I need a lot of sleep to function.

I tried that, getting more sleep. Sadly, it didn't work... 😥

I usually go to bed around 10. I mean, I try to go to bed at the same time every night, but it can be so hard to stay awake sometimes... 

I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, but unfortunately my sleep quality is very poor. Yet, I'll still wake up at 5 AM like clockwork, no matter how tired I am. Crazy brain... 😑

4 minutes ago, Reindeer Dani said:

I tried that, getting more sleep. Sadly, it didn't work... 😥

I usually go to bed around 10. I mean, I try to go to bed at the same time every night, but it can be so hard to stay awake sometimes... 

I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, but unfortunately my sleep quality is very poor. Yet, I'll still wake up at 5 AM like clockwork, no matter how tired I am. Crazy brain... 😑

*says hi @ 5am* 

I go around 11-12pm to bed... It takes me about.. well, 1-2 hours to sleep... then I wake up and see the clock like every hour or 2 hours. Sometimes taking me 15 minutes again to fall asleep... (usually nightmares) Then my morning, routine is like... 6-8 alarms before I can get energy to get my day started on work days. (takes about 2-3 hours)... But on a weekend. I'll sleep in to about 2pm-3pm usually.. Because I'm dead-tired.

Mental illness... no fun.

Oh, and sometimes... yay. Brain decides to do the all nighter-next day zombie mode. thing too

29 minutes ago, Reindeer Dani said:

Ugh, my body does that too sometimes... I never have had to use alarms because I just wake up an hour-30 mins before I have to, but lately I've been waking up at 3-4~ in the morning and awake till it's time for me to get ready for work around 6:30 :( It sucks just lying there awake

@St. Nyaaconix the II It used to take me an hour or two to fall asleep at night. 

Now I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, anytime, anywhere! 😄 

Ah ha ha ha! 😆 

...Seriously, tho. I realize that this is serious. I've tried to get help, but nothing has helped so far. Can't even get a *bleeping* diagnosis... 😒

I have to have at least 8 hours of sleep per night or I literally can't function. I get stomach aches and I feel sick and woozy. When I was a teenager it was worse. I had to get at least 10 hours or school was horrible the next day.

My sleep pattern is wheneven I get tired and have time.

I can get 10 hours plus when I don’t have anything going on but if I have a lecture or something then it tends to be 4 or 5 hours maybe, depends how nice my body is being allowing me to sleep when I want to.

I go to bed around midnight, usually 6-7 hours and I think less than I should

no-longer-in-use

I go to bed anywhere from 10:30 to 12:30 pm, but usually around 11 pm. I usually get around 7-8.5 hours of sleep, but I'm constantly tired and I know I need to be getting way more sleep if I want to feel my best. It's just hard for me to make myself go to bed earlier...

Bed just after midnight, and awake before six in winter and earlier in summer. This is enough for me 

I get sleepy around 21:30-22:00 and usually go to bed soon after 22:00. I usually wake up around 05:00-06:00. I fall asleep within 5 minutes and wake up ready for the day.

One of the few things my body seem to be genuinely good at: sleeping well.

I usually go to sleep between 02:00 and 04:00, and get around 5 hours.  It suits me.

Squirrel Combat

I'm usually pretty well rested despite getting less sleep than I feel. But I snore loud and toss a lot.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I usually only get around 6h of sleep during the week (turning in at 10pm) which is way to less to balance the heavy work load.  That's why I feel constantly tired all the time. It really sucks. 

when I go to bed varies on many things, but mostly how soon I need up the next day.

there are many days I don't get enough sleep and others I get too much

I always wake up at 6:30, even if I fall asleep at 4 am and I can't sleep after that. This is especially problematic since my sleep schedule is messy af

I aim to be going to bed at around 10pm, sometimes later and sometimes earlier. I wake at 5.30am most days, usually before my alarm, and am instantly awake. 

Even now I'm off work for 2 weeks, am staying up late, and have still been waking between 6-6.30am each day. 

On a normal day (assuming school is on) I go to bed between 10:30pm-11pm and wake up at 6am (so 7-7.5 hours)

I would prefer to get between 8-9 but 7 isn't too bad.

My problem is that I'm naturally a creature of the night. I CAN'T fall asleep. 

I usually go to bed between midnight and 2 but I end up lying awake trying to fall a sleep for several hours and I think I finally do fall asleep between 4 and 5. I usually have to get up by 6:30-7:00.

So, No, I don't get enough sleep. This is the way my life has always been and once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep.  

I tend to get to bed, usually, anywhere from around 10:30pm-11:00. Though, ever since middle school, I've become somewhat of an insomniac and when I actually fall asleep depends on how stressed I am and how much my brain hates me that day. And even if my brain loves me and I'm not stressed out, it still takes me about 30 minutes to fall asleep once I'm in bed. On school days I tend to get about 6 hours of sleep and on weekends I get about 7 hours of sleep, because I cannot sleep in no matter how hard I try. 

• 11 months later...

@Phie

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived