Hey, I'm new and very confused

theatrenerd

So I have been questioning if I'm ace for a while now and I'm 99% sure that I am. However for the past month or two now I have been questioning if I am aro. I really can't picture myself kissing someone but I think I may have a crush a person but I honestly don't know what a crush is supposed to feel like. I've never really pictured myself in a relationship with anyone so would that mean I have a squish on them? Idk please help I'm very confused

Hmmmmm.... The boundaries between friendship and romance are a little obscure, if you will. Some people think cuddling can be completely platonic and others disagree. The same goes for certain types of kisses. I think the main difference is how physical you want to get and what level of commitment you wish to, idk, pursue. I can't describe the differences between the feelings between a squish and a crush although I've had both. (I wish I could just... transfer my feelings to you so you can feel it too and understand. XD) Even if you don't want a relationship with a certain person, it still doesn't mean it's not a crush though. (I can't really stand the idea of having a relationship but I've had crushes before.) Like I said, the boundaries are obscure. A squish is not really as strong as a crush and you don't have as many feelings. You don't get as many "butterflies" and you don't have quite the same attachment to them. A squish is more simple. You want to be around them but idk. I'm sorryyyyy. I really hope this helped even a teeny tiny bit. 

3 minutes ago, RiddleMeThisTom said:

Hmmmmm.... The boundaries between friendship and romance are a little obscure, if you will. Some people think cuddling can be completely platonic and others disagree. The same goes for certain types of kisses. I think the main difference is how physical you want to get and what level of commitment you wish to, idk, pursue. I can't describe the differences between the feelings between a squish and a crush although I've had both. (I wish I could just... transfer my feelings to you so you can feel it too and understand. XD) Even if you don't want a relationship with a certain person, it still doesn't mean it's not a crush though. (I can't really stand the idea of having a relationship but I've had crushes before.) Like I said, the boundaries are obscure. A squish is not really as strong as a crush and you don't have as many feelings. You don't get as many "butterflies" and you don't have quite the same attachment to them. A squish is more simple. You want to be around them but idk. I'm sorryyyyy. I really hope this helped even a teeny tiny bit. 

Ya thanks that helped a little🙂

Welcome! Platonic and romantic are really hard to describe. If you’ve had a squish on someone and a crush on someone else you could probably figure out the difference.

If you want my experiences - that don’t define the rules but just how I personally experience things it’s here V

Spoiler

Crushes make me a lot more nervous, and there’s a lot more butterflies and I’m a lot more self-conscious. I often feel a lot more over energised, and I’m stuck thinking about them and how cute they are and getting kinda flustered about the idea of spending a lot of time with them.

Squishes feel all warm, like the serotonin and dopamine rush you get from a good hug. I want to hug them and spend a lot of time with them, but at a distance it’s not strong.

Also cake :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Moved to Romantic And Aromantic Orientations

Homer

Moderator Welcome Lounge

Archived