The Asexual Cat

ShortCat

My name is Kaia, I am 21 years old and of course, Asexual. I suffer from Anxiety and frequent depressive episodes. I always thought of myself as broken for being Asexual. It has taken a lot for me to come to terms with it, knowing that I am who I am. I didn't choose to be this way, that I was born like this. Not only was it difficult for me to try and accept myself for being Asexual, it was also difficult for many of my partners. All of them being Allosexuals. As well as people in general online who didn't understand about Asexuality, haters, bullies; that sort of thing. So, I decided to step through the door here with all the other Asexuals in hopes of finding what I need and more along the way.

Currently what I believe I need are some friends for support, and a potential partner because I can't deal with being alone. I know that sounds weak, but I am quite a sensitive person emotionally. I break down all the time because of my depression, hating myself and wishing I wasn't like this. Wishing that finding someone who would accept me relationship wise would be easier. But nothing is easy, I know that. I don't know really, I feel like I'm rambling about my emotions and stuff. Take it how you will.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Welcome to AVEN!

flower-crown-cat-cake-2.jpg

Hello ShortCat and welcome. You came to the right place.
I understand you can't deal with being alone/lonely. With joining AVEN you are just about to change it.
Here are a lot of friendly people, many open to chatting and friendship. And I bet some can relate to the rest of your personal situation as well.
I for example battled depression for quite some time. I also had trouble accepting I'm not wired like allosexuals.

You definitely won't hear someone invalidate your feelings in any way (if so the mods will come after them, ha).
Hope you have a good time here and enjoy the cake 🍰:cake:🍰

Welcome :)

Im a very new member too, but it didnt take me long to realise its a wonderful place with lots of supportive, understanding people and an endless amount of information and fun. Im sure you'll find what youre looking for here.

And, because everybody else are offering cake, heres some more:

🍰🍰🍰

Welcome to AVEN!

I've never had or desired a relationship, but I understand the loneliness you mention, it's why I joined the site as well.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for signing up and sharing a bit about yourself! You've come to the right place - this is an awesome community with lots of wonderful and supportive people :) It's good to read that you have come to terms with your feelings, even if it might have taken a little longer than you had hoped. A lot of us will be able to relate to your words!

AVEN is not a dating site, but you might still end up making friends on here. I know I did, which is something I never thought would be possible on a website :DJust For Fun is a fantastic place to talk to others in a relaxed and fun way - or to pass the time playing silly games ;) If you'd like to chat one-on-one, the Meetup Mart offers plenty of opportunities for that. Maybe you'd even like to attend a real life meetup at some point?

Take your time to read and explore the site and if you have a question, ask away! I hope you'll enjoy your time on here :)

carrot.jpg?itok=aezSgM4c

Hello, everyone, I am happy to have found this site! I'm 31-year-old male that just recently realized I'm Asexual. I'm not necessarily repulsed by sex it just doesn't turn me on. I'm also a fetishist so I've always felt like that was the issue. I've always felt there was something wrong with me but I'm hoping to learn more about my situation.

Welcome :)

You might find The Gray Area interesting. I know for a fact that there are a few kinksters hanging out in there :)

Strawberry-Chocolate-Cake-1.jpg

@Sauce Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Archived