Crush or Squish?? Confusionnnn

AllieBaby

ok so I've been close friends with this guy for about a year and a half but I've known him for three and recently I started becoming more comfortable around him and text him often. I find myself waiting for his replies, checking my phone every minute. We both play in a school orchestra together so I see him everyday basically and we hang out during weekends sometimes with our entire group of friends. He has a beautiful deep voice when he sings and although he's not that good and neither am I, I find myself wanting to sing with him and listen to him sing. I don't quite know if I have a crush on him because I don't get butterflies around him and all but I definitely wouldn't mind if we hung out just the two of us (nothing sexual u dirties) and I always wonder what it would be like to have someone (especially him) as my "significant other". Ironically, I'm more nervous around my squish than I am around him and I don't even know her that well. I've been questioning this dilemma for about a month or two now and I decided its time to ask for help. If you could I would sincerely appreciate what you have to say. ❤️ ( i realize how long this is)

Welcome to AVEN!

Unfortunately, I've never had either a Crush or a Squish, so I don't know the difference.
I'm sorry I can't help you.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Well the line between squish and crush is different for everyone. Basically, you need to ask yourself what you see yourself doing in a romantic relationship vs. a friendship, and if you would do the things you see yourself doing in a relationship with that guy. If this is confusing, I'll try to clarify.

letusdeleteouraccounts

Crush: romantic attraction with a little bit of obsession

Squish: Platonic attraction with some obsessesion

To me it sounds like a squish since you didn’t mention wanting to date him or any “butterflies”

When I have a squish I have the deep desire to get to know the person. I tend to be more nervous around them, I'm (just like you) waiting impatiently and with excitement to write back, I want to share my interests and hobbies with them and want them to do the same with me, share my time with them.
To have a crush, butterflies aren't the absolute law. But from my gut feeling I'd say you're squishing hard for the guy. From my experience a squish can be as intense as a crush.
With crushes I fantasized about stuff like holding their hands for a long time and kissing them tenderly- that's where my line starts.
Do you ever thought about doing these things with him? (or other things you find (very) romantic / intimate).

Hope it helps and welcome to AVEN! 🍰

Archived