I don't know If I can define this as Asexual

EmilyElizabeth

EmilyElizabeth

Hi, I just made an account on here although I have been reading old threads for about six months now. I came out as a lesbian about three years ago now (I'm 16) and I'm kinda at the point where I don't care about who I am into, like it's not a big deal. (Sorry if that upsets anyone. I still identify as a lesbian and am exclusively into girls atm) However, I started wondering just under a year ago if I could be Ace. Ive been in one relationship (non-sexual) where I kinda found kissing ect boring... like I just wasn't into it, And when I have crushes on girls I end up only having short-lived crushes that die when I get to know them better. I really want to get married ect someday but whenever I imagine it it's all just faceless. Could I be asexual? I don't know, sorry for the ramble, I just wanted to tell someone this bc when I bought it up to one of my other queer friends who has always been big on total inclusivity she told me I couldn't call myself that and it made me too upset to ask anyone else.

@EmilyElizabeth Welcome to AVEN!

You could be Asexual.
Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.
So the question is this, of the people you've found attractive, have you desired sex with any of them?

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

AcornCarvings

huh, it sounds like you might be somewhat asexual or aromantic

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to call yourself that. If it works as a label for you, then go for it

also, welcome (sort of)!

Mandarin-Orange-Cake-1-30.jpg&f=1

Welcome!  Feel free to explore these forums for as long as it takes for you to figure yourself out.  Then, hang around and have fun with us!

Hi and welcome to AVEN! You kinda sound ace to me, but, really, no one else can tell you who and what you are instead of you😊 If you think of yourself as asexual, well, it's all right and nobody can tell you otherwise. Feel free if you want to chat anytime about any stuff with a fellow ace, my door is always open😉 Even if you've been around for a while, can I offer you an ace cake?

luxeddrip5.jpg