Favorite Christmas Drink  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Christmas Drink

• Hot Chocolate
    • Hot Apple Cider
    • Eggnog
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your favorite Christmas drink? Hot Chocolate, hot apple cider, or eggnog? I personally prefer hot apple cider, but I'll like to know what y'all think.

Also, if you have a different fav drink, post it below.

Hot chocolate mixed in with brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and a lightly roasted marshmallow.

Sort of like the Hot chocolate Mr. Flanders made from the Simpsons movie.

ButterflyBlues
48 minutes ago, ColeHW said:

Hot chocolate mixed in with brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and a lightly roasted marshmallow.

This sounds really good! I now am going to make myself hot chocolate!

Hot chocolate though also I do like a mulled non-alcoholic wine-like drink 

I might mix a brandy and black coffee, otherwise I'll just have the same drinks as the rest of the year 

I quite like hot apple cider, but that's not really a big thing here, so I mostly settle for glühwein. The more spices, the better 😛

All of the 3 listed drinks - but they have to be good versions (not like the insipid hot cider powdered drink). Even then I would choose hot chocolate or eggnog over hot cider.

Hot chocolate is a favorite as soon as it gets cool enough to enjoy, regardless of the holiday. I do enjoy the occasional cup of eggnog - in small doses. I also enjoy a good breakfast tea if I need something warm to drink.

Kinderpunsch, basically warm fruit punch, is my favorite Christmas drink. It's made with fruit tea, fruit juices and spices (like cloves and cinnamon), and then heated and served warm.

everywhere and nowhere

Tea, as always. I'm an absolute teamaniac. There are lots of warming winter teas - some are quite like a non-alcoholic version of mulled wine, and that's a nice thing, because I'm interested in experimenting with flavours, but also proud to drink zero alcohol and plainly averse to its taste. For me anything with alcohol in it just tastes bad, and as for its effects... I have never been drunk, but I feel so much disdain for alcohol whenever I can see or hear drunk people, I just can't imagine how can people see that as "fun". But anyway, I'm not a partygoer, my idea of "fun" or rather Pleasant Time (because words such as "fun" are hardly part of my normal vocabulary) is more about reading, talking, playing a game...

Currently I have three teas of the "warming tea" kind open: orange with spices, ginger with sea buckthorn and raspberry with chilli. All of these are fruit teas - in fact, I'd say that fruit teas with hibiscus are my least favorite kind (hibiscus tends to damp the flavours of other ingredients and mostly leave its own sour taste), but I try them too anyway. An example of my teamania: I never drink the same tea more than once a day, my "personal best" is - I'm not sure, so I'll have to beat it ;) - 19 or 20 glasses of tea in one day.

Btw, I've bought some fascinating tea today, though I haven't tried it yet (to be honest, I have a lot of tea waiting in line, but I always prefer to buy it sooner than later because it might disappear from the store... I've already had it happen in case of a few teas). Chocolate genmaicha - genmaicha is traditional Japanese green tea with roasted rice (originally rather poor people's drink because rice was cheaper than tea, but genmaicha is really nice on its own) and in this case it also has some cocoa, coconut chips, caramel and cookie flavouring and so on...

Celyn: The Lutening

Bailey's, though it's not strictly a Christmas drink it is associated with Christmas 

Alejandrogynous

There should be an 'all of the above' option.

Hot apple cider, hot chocolate (real chocolate, not powdered), eggnog, mulled wine, hot tea (many kinds), hot toddies, irish coffee, hot mead. I'm a hot drink fanatic. 

@Nowhere Girl Your idea of pleasant time sounds like fun to me! 😄 

I'm also not fond of drunk people, but I grew up with an alcoholic mother... 😥

I like genmaicha! There's a chocolate kind, you say? 🤤 

My favorite Christmas drink is a peppermint mocha! 💜

Egg nog for me as I prefer cold drinks. I take chocolate milk over hot chocolate and cold apple cider over hot-except for when I am in Ottawa for Winterlude, then a nice cup of hot apple cider while walking down the Rideau is most welcome. 

Alejandrogynous
3 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Chocolate genmaicha - genmaicha is traditional Japanese green tea with roasted rice (originally rather poor people's drink because rice was cheaper than tea, but genmaicha is really nice on its own) and in this case it also has some cocoa, coconut chips, caramel and cookie flavouring and so on...

Oh wow. I love genmaicha but I've never heard of it being combined with chocolate. I am very intrigued!

Glühwein. I do like hot chocolate, and to some extent eggnog, but both - and egnnog especially - make me somewhat ill if made properly (milk-substitute ones just aren't quite the same). Apple cider, when heated and with at least one cinnamon stick, is also a thing I enjoy - but I think of it as more of an autumn drink than a winter drink.

hot chocolate with pieces of melted chocolate bar in it (really good)

PixleyDust✨

In order:

1.) Wassail (Homemade, ofc) 😊

2.) Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

3.) Mexican Hot Chocolate (Abuelita = YUM) 😋

4.) Hot Apple Cider

PixleyDust✨
2 hours ago, Demi Dad said:

hot chocolate with pieces of melted chocolate bar in it (really good)

WHAT. 😱😵😇

I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS MIRACULOUS THING SO I CAN TRANSPLANT IT INTO MY LIFE ASAP. ❤️❤️❤️

15 hours ago, PixleyDust said:

2.) Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

Why am I only finding out about this now?

3 minutes ago, festiff said:

Why am I only finding out about this now?

I've never heard about it either. sounds yummy

PixleyDust✨

Starbucks usually has some gingerbread flavored drinks happening, I think they have gingerbread hot coco. At least, that’s what I was thinking of when I typed it. 

I’m going to double check right now. 

EDIT: Okay, so they have a snickerdoodle hot chocolate, and a gingerbread creme, but no gingerbread hot chocolate, boo. But there are mixes online, might have to give those a test run. Or just look up the recipe and make my own WHAT. 😋 

1 hour ago, PixleyDust said:

Starbucks usually has some gingerbread flavored drinks happening, I think they have gingerbread hot coco. At least, that’s what I was thinking of when I typed it. 

Cool. I've never go to Starbucks because I'm not a big fan. I did recently have their cinnamon spice tea. it was good (after I waited 15 minutes for it to cool down)

PixleyDust✨
4 hours ago, CajunAce said:

Cool. I've never go to Starbucks because I'm not a big fan. I did recently have their cinnamon spice tea. it was good (after I waited 15 minutes for it to cool down)

Ooh, that sounds LOVELY. I’m going to have to try that sooner rather than later. 😍 

Eggnog all day, coquito all night! 🥚🥛🙌

You forgot mulled wine as an option.

Archived