"Asexual" mentioned in SNL

Opel the Old

A good place to start it is 2:40 - I feel for that guy.

For the whole thing; I didn't find it funny, was it supposed to be funny?

i didn't really get the joke, either. but it's great representation from a popular show.

Oops,  duplicate,  dunno if the mod will move the comments here over?

:) Humor is subjective, so it's fine if you don't find it funny. To me, it seemed like a satire about sexual people and their sexual conversations that they sometimes have with other people, like bragging about their sexual lives, while others...

(just a spoiler about the skit)

Spoiler

...like Gene and the asexual coachman feel uncomfortable with the sexual characters' sexually-laden conversations and open affection that they displayed.

Honestly, though, I really had an "asexual vibe" coming from Gene, because he, too, felt uncomfortable about all the other characters' sexual talk, just like how I felt, growing up and hearing my classmates' talk about dating, relationships, etc. Sometimes, the extroverted classmates liked to talk a bit like those characters.

Maybe Gene's a closeted asexual, graysexual, demisexual, etc.

I forget what I was watching, but a character described another character as an asexual goth muppet. I was not a fan. What does that even mean? The answer is probably something like "weird" but I resemble your remark. =p

Archived