Hello everyone!

maxicoop

Hello all! 

I finally figured out, after many, many years, that I was never interested in sex.  It was just something you did if you wanted someone to like you, or love you, because you weren't normal if you didn't.  I've been divorced for a couple of years now, and I've realized that I may have been asexual my whole life and didn't realize it. 

So hello everybody, happy to be here!

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for signing up and saying Hello! You've come to the right place - AVEN is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet. A lot of us will be able to relate to your thoughts and feelings! You're definitely not the only one :)

Did you check out Questions About Asexuality yet? It's a graet spot to start exploring the site and to read more about the basics. Then there's Asexual Relationships, which is where we talk about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them familial, platonic or romantic. Asexual Musings And Rantings contains a lot of all too relatable stories and experiences! If you're up for a chat or a silly game, join us in Just For Fun!

Feel free to read and explore all the forums and if you have a question, ask away!

I hope you'll enjoy your time on here :) 

minicake-11.jpg

Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Fun fact: The German word for "pug" is also an informal (not offensive!) term for "boob" :lol:

Archived