I am confused

POSSIBLY TMI (?)

So I am still not sure whether I am asexual or not, when I asked for a friend's opinion that person told me to stop calling myself asexual if I have not tried sex yet, at first it was due to beliefs and culture but as I got older, I'm 20 now, I have never had the desire to have sex and/or masturbate and I am okay to live the rest of my days without it, in a way I'm lowkey repulsed by it.

I have dreams that are sexual, my friend told me that my body is tellin me to do it but I don't have the urge or desire to be sexual? It's confusing @_@

Welcome, to, AVEN!!! :cake:

Uhhh.. if you don't have a desire for partnered sex. And you don't feel problemed by it. That's by definition of being asexual.

Please tell friend to stop telling what you feel you are. :P That stuff hurts.

Asexual can masturbate... It's just when it comes down to partnered sex... It's ... uhhh. Nothing, no desire. 

Good luck finding your answer, I hope it helps. And ofcourse more :cake: 

If you say you could go for the rest of your life without wanting (or trying) sex it's possible you're asexual.
It's a misconception of others you would need to have sex first to say you don't want it. There is the possibility you'll fall in love and want sex then. But that isn't a necessity.

I'm ace and I have a libido and masturbate. Still don't have the desire to do "sexy stuff" with others.

Welcome to AVEN!
Christmas-Cake-Frostie-Snowman.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Confused welcome to AVEN.

Dont worry about dreams, dreams are never actually about what's in the dream.

• Like 1

Welcome to AVEN!

You don't need to have sex to know that you're Asexual.

I'm 33, and I've never had or desired sex.

And dreams don't count.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

• Like 1
SherlockHomes

It's not impossible for someone not to be interested in having sex but still thinking about it or having dreams about it. Dreams are not reality, they're just part of your brain processing things that you've seen, heard, or thought about, and they often don't make sense!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for replying, I feel assured and it helped tons ❤. I have also read a couple different forums here and I had realized that being asexual is a confusing feeling for everyone 😳

• Like 1

Edited by Dreamsexual