Okay

TheGeekyNobody

TheGeekyNobody

I'm admittedly horrible at this kind of thing, and I'm forcing myself to push past my anxiety to make an introduction post instead of just randomly popping up at random in topics. 

You can call me Geeky. My pronouns are: She/her

I identify as Grey-Ace Demiromantic, but it took me a long time to come to that conclusion.

There was a long period of time I thought there was something wrong with me as I observed the people around me falling in out of relationships, and i just...didn't ever feel that way about anyone. Later I would have varying hard crushes on various people I had previous close platonic relationships with but kind of being afraid to act on them in case it ruined the friendship. I also had some really repressed feelings the first few times crushes fell within the same gender due to being raised in a very homophobic household. While I myself never considered myself homophobic, I think the feelings initially scared me because I didn't know what it might mean for me in that situation. Lucikily i moved away from that influence and feel a lot more comfortable with who I am, though I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out. 

CaptainMarvel

Hi, welcome to AVEN! 

45cb7b4d6a31fe98c794bbb1603445b1--drip-c

Enjoy some cake and have a wonderful day!

Hello and welcome Geeky! Glad you introduced yourself.
I can kind of relate to your experience with being raised in a homophobic household and your feelings of fear afterwards. That sucks.
But I'm positive you'll discover more of yourself with time and being here.
Have some cake from me as well.

blog-pic-2.jpg

Welcome! I’m sorry to hear you had to put up with that, but you’re out now and that’a what matters. It’s great to hear that you’re taking the time to get to know yourself better, and we’ll support you no matter the outcome :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hi and welcome :D

Thank you for stopping by and saying Hello! You've come to the right place - AVEN is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet. Quite a few of us will be able to relate to your thoughts and feelings :) I, for one, am baffled by the "falling in and out of relationships" as well. People get broken up with and feel devastated, only to enter another relationship some time later on and acting like they had forgotten what the end of their previous relationship made them feel like... how does that even work :D so yeah...

Questions About Asexuality is a great way to start having a look around. It helps to get a basic grasp of the concept and to read about what's going on in other people's minds (hm. There has to be a less creepy way to phrase that :lol:) Romantic And Aromantic Orientations is where people from all across the romantic spectrum gather to talk about their feelings and experiences - maybe there's something that resonates with you :) If you're up for a light-hearted chat or a silly game, join us in Just For Fun!

Take your time to rummage through all the sections and if you have a question, ask away! I hope you'll enjoy being a part of AVEN :)

%20138280-49fdab4f7bf207b3cc31f72186c86b

@TheGeekyNobody Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

41 minutes ago, TheGeekyNobody said:

haha all that cake is making me hungry though 

Oh no, how horrible :lol:

Archived