Recently Came to Terms with my Asexuality

dawsnow

Hi everyone! I'm Dawson, a 21 y/o guy studying computer science in Minnesota, originally from the Chicago suburbs. It took a while for me to actually realize that I am asexual. I've had sex in the past, but it's always felt like some sort of obligation to the person I was was seeing at the time. I stated to question my sexuality about a year ago, and about a month ago I started seriously considering  asexuality, and stuff just clicked into place. I haven't read too many posts on here, but from what I've read the AVEN community seems to be a great place!

One thing that kind of worries me is finding a partner and approaching the topic of my asexuality, and I guess I'm also worried about even being able to find a partner who accepts me and my sexuality in the forseeable future.

A bit more about me:

I love listening to metal, my favorite band is probably Ensiferum.

I am an avid reader of Marvel comics.

I love to play board games. My absolute favorite mechanic in any board game is spending victory points as a resource.

I love playing MTG, I mostly play standard since MTG: Arena is the most cost effective way for me to play.

Welcome to aven, I hope you feel at home here. :)

would you like some cake? It's tradition 

rubber+ducky+shower+10+(Large).jpg

Welcome to AVEN!

I've been playing Magic Duels, which is a free online Magic: The Gathering game.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Dawson! Thank you so much for sharing your story! 

I can completely relate to the feeling of obligation. I never felt like it was for myself, but always for my partner that I was with at any given time. It took for a friend of mine telling me about their asexuality for me to realize that THAT is something that finally describes how I feel. Crazy, hey?! 

I hope you settle into AVEN nicely! It's nice to meet likeminded folks! 🤓

Welcome to AVEN xDD

....and here's a cake for you.

NmZCwRKU=

I am more of a DC fan myself, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. (just joking xD Like what you want)

I hope you'll find what you're looking for here, the forums are full of diverse topics to discuss. I am sure you will find what interests you.

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for stopping by and saying Hello :D

You're right - this is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive folks from all over the planet. I'm sure you'll like it here! Quite a few of us will be able to relate to your thoughts and feelings. Did you check Questions About Asexuality? It has a lot of useful information on the basics and insight from other people to read :) Then there's Asexual Relationships, where we talk about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them platonic, familial or romantic. I believe that there are a few fetish threads in The Gray Area, too...

Take your time to explore the site and to get to know everyone. If you have a question, ask away :) See you around and enjoy some more cake:

torta.jpg

Archived