Hola

littlezero

Hi all!

I've been ace for several years now, but for a long time just assumed it was a symptom of mental health stuff (and/or the meds for that), and only slowly come to see it as part of myself. Recently I've been thinking I'd like to explore what it means as part of my identity, and chat with people in the same boat, so I've ended up here.

I'm lucky enough to live right near a meetup, so I'll try and make it along (though I'm kinda nervous). Right now, though, I just wanted to say hi.

well hello there stranger! i'm a long-time lurker and only recently joined. if i may ask (for the purposes of making conversation) what led to you identifying as asexual?

Well... I was in a very poly/sexually-exploring group of friends, and I just kinda realised mid-orgy that I was bored by the whole thing, and had been for a long time, and I've just not really had any interest since. That was, uh, best part of a decade ago. I was aware of asexuality before, but it took a long time to move from 'huh, not been in the mood for a while' to 'don't want it, don't want to want it'. Does that make any sense? How about you?

Hi, and welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I joined because I don't know any other Asexuals in real life, and felt very isolated and lonely as a result.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Hi there! That's quite the cake, I have no idea how you'd begin to eat that!

I can totally understand the isolation, it's so weird when everyone else seems to be swimming in a different direction than you.

Hey and welcome :)

Thank you for signing up and sharing your story! You've come to the right place - AVEN is a great community with lots of friendly and supportive folks from all over the planet. I'm sure you'll like it here :DThis place is huge, which can be a bit intimidating at first but it's wonderful once you get the hang of things. We had the first international meetup in Reykjavík earlier this year - I joked that we might just end up hating each other afterwards but we all had a blast :lol:

Did you check out Questions About Asexuality yet? It's a great place to wrap one's head around the basics and to read about other people's thoughts and questions. Asexual Musings And Rantings contains a lot of all too relatable experiences. If you're up for a light-hearted chat or a silly game, join us in Just For Fun!

Feel free to rummage through and explore the site and if you have a question, ask away! I hope you'll enjoy being a member :)

All the cake!

recipe-image-legacy-id--1960_11.jpg?itok

Archived