Aromantic sexual

overturn overturn overturn

Is there anyone in this community who is aro-sexual? (we tried to find topics, but could not, so we ask now)

Is AVEN hosting aro-sexual people?

Treatments from the other members of the community (is it complicated to be aro but not ace, in asexual community or in real life)? Opinions about this "combination"?

Is there any other label for aro-sexual?

Thanks. Feel free to comment, respecting others and their identities and opinions.

4 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I remember coming across at least a couple of them, introducing themselves on here. Here's one, , in a thread called "Aromantic, But Not Asexual."

Thank you very much! That's the reason why we could not find it (the title)...

moved from questions about asexuality to romantic and a romantic orientations.

iff

:) You're welcome! I also found another one, in another thread (second post), who identified as an aromantic, heterosexual woman.

Perhaps, it might help to use phrases in AVEN's search engine, like "aromantic heterosexual," "aromantic homosexual," "aromantic pansexual," etc.

2 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Perhaps, it might help to use phrases in AVEN's search engine, like "aromantic heterosexual," "aromantic homosexual," "aromantic pansexual," etc.

Yes, you are right, we did not guess the word for searching...

Thank you very much again!

I know some members (who aren't very active anymore) who are aro sexual. I think a lot of people may interpret their lack of wanting a relationship as a lack of wanting sex and join AVEN thinking they're asexual, but learn more about themselves as life goes on. They may have established a sense of community here during that process and want to stick around. 

9 minutes ago, Snaodolph said:

I know some members (who aren't very active anymore) who are aro sexual. I think a lot of people may interpret their lack of wanting a relationship as a lack of wanting sex and join AVEN thinking they're asexual, but learn more about themselves as life goes on. They may have established a sense of community here during that process and want to stick around. 

Yes, makes sense what you're saying... Thanks for reply.

23 minutes ago, Snaodolph said:

I know some members (who aren't very active anymore) who are aro sexual...

Oh, that's disappointing; it would've been nice to hear from more of them.

I describe myself as an aromantic demisexual person so that method could be an alternative way to label being aro-sexual. I might go on to describe myself as pansexual in the future if I work out my trust issues but I'm unsure where that'll go. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 2:13 AM, Jimmy1016 said:

I describe myself as an aromantic demisexual person so that method could be an alternative way to label being aro-sexual. I might go on to describe myself as pansexual in the future if I work out my trust issues but I'm unsure where that'll go. 

Yes, that's interesting point of view. It's like aro-sexual is a basic label, and can be developed in many other streams, depending on personal preferences. Now we see better. Thanks.

Archived