Can't people have their own opinion anymore?

Should people have a choice?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think people should be allowed their own opinion even if it is against something you believe in?

• Yes
    • No
    • None of my business
  2. 2. Do you think everyone should be open minded?

• Yes
    • No
    • None of my business

The Terrible Travis

People are entitled to their own opinions, but they're not entitled to have those opinions respected. 

9 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

That is fine. However, fighting fire with fire will not resolve any conflict. You can keep doing you, as nobody will stop you. 

In one ear and out the other if you force your views onto them. 

They will walk away laughing at you. 

Make the question their views without firing a shot, and you stand a chance to change their minds.

Like I said. Do you. However, you can't denounce someone with hateful views, if you are fueling your own to the collective fire. 

Actually that doesn't happen, because "challenge" doesn't mean fire or forcing.  And they assuredly haven't walked away laughing at me.    You're making a lot of assumptions 

11 hours ago, Sally said:

And they assuredly haven't walked away laughing at me.

Why would they laugh to your face?

11 hours ago, Sally said:

Actually that doesn't happen, because "challenge" doesn't mean fire or forcing. 

It means calling someone out.

You don't need to challenge someone, unless you feel they are wrong. If you feel they are wrong, odds are the challenge will include some form of a correction.

You don't challenge someone without pointing out where they are wrong with a degree of force. Especially if you are offended. You have admitted this, yourself. 

I remember being "challenged" by an older woman at an NHL hockey game. We were being too loud. 

She talked to us like we were two feet tall. We showed her respect nonetheless. 

We apologized, then looked at each other, and started laughing on some: "really....too loud at a hockey game?!"

we were just doing the chants at the top of our lungs. 

Like I said. You approach people like you stated you approach them, and the respect you get from them will only be while you are in front of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I strongly believe in Freedom of Speech. Everyone has a right to an opinion, even if they disagree with me. However, I do believe that it can make society better if everyone is open minded and understandable to other's opinions. We would have a lot less unnecessary fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived