Check it out! Beta of new AVEN chat program!

AVENguy

I've installed the chat program that the italians use, it shouldn't cause problems with our server. After playing with it for a while I got it to sync with our database, which means you'll use your AVEN login and password to get into chat. Once people have gotten to play around with it I'll put a link up top...

http://www.asexuality.org/chat/flashchat.php

ooh! *hangs out in chat* awesome, DJ! :D

*makes a mental note to put this on the list of things to link from the frontpage*

Carsonspire

Good work, DJ.

This is one of the cleaner user interfaces I've seen for chat, and that makes for one happy computer.

Thank you.

Looks great! I much prefer Flash to Java, and this has loads of different features.

Nice form the brief glimpse I had.

• 2 weeks later...
The link at the chat is better writing it big and colored.

You helped us get this Peter. Remember when you were trying to talk to me about soccer and I was ignoring you because I hadn't realized you were talking to me :D

Sure, i remember... a day memorable (for the cup obviously :D )

I hope thats all its memorable for - I did run some of that Italian through a translator.

Pretty Cool chat, to bad no ones ever in it. :cry:

there's usually 2 or 3 when i go in = you just have to catch it at the right time

On another forum I used to go on (that used the same chat software funnily enough) some people linked to the chat in their sigs. It really did help get more people in there. Maybe AVENites who like the chat could adopt the same thing?

e.g. chat.png or AVEN Chat or whatever

Two of us there at the moment...come join us...

I always miss the people...

• 2 weeks later...
SummerSeeker

cool chat room, it was really easy to get into it. Too bad I'm alone in it. :(

I'm always alone when I pop in to see if someone is there.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been active here for a while so I wasn't aware of the new chat. I also have Flashchat on my vBulletin, and I and my members like it a lot. I've also learned a lot about its functionality so if you all encounter any issues with it give me a holler, lol.

*insert anguished howl here*

Sorry...having gotten my life back on the tracks (again) and found the chat room being a Flash program now means that I can't use it at work...(don't have Flash on my computer and am too nervous about downloading it because it is a shared computer and very delicate)

:cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always alone when I pop in to see if someone is there.

Always! There has to be a more efficient way. Since there is such a high probability of its popularity, perhaps you should move it to the forum index already and test it there. Even better would be an option that would tell you if there was anyone there...perhaps a little number or something? Eventually people would wander in and actually get to talk...

• 2 weeks later...
NeitherSparky
Always! There has to be a more efficient way. Since there is such a high probability of its popularity, perhaps you should move it to the forum index already and test it there. Even better would be an option that would tell you if there was anyone there...perhaps a little number or something? Eventually people would wander in and actually get to talk...

Yes, any plans to install a "Who's Chatting" modification? I have one for my vBulletin, no doubt one exists for phpBB as well. (I'd show you my board to show you guys what the Who's Chatting mod looks like in action but I actually have it so that guests can't see the number of people in the chatroom so you wouldn't be able to see it without registering.)

I'm in there right now, btw. All alone. :P Maybe y'all should throw a bot in there. ;)

Archived