Should this website have a dating lounge?

Shahima

Including a dating lounge in this website  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this website should include a dating lounge for people who are looking to date?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm good with either

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/19 at 10:00 PM

I voted no but technically, it doesn't matter to me. I think that if AVEN did have a separate site for that sort of thing, it would be excellent. Everyone brought up some really valid points. Everyone needs support and that should not be compromised. However, it's not always easy getting out there or finding someone. Sometimes, it seems you're stuck in a fish bowl just swimming around by yourself and wondering if there will every be anyone who gets you so...  I see that good and not so good but having one here...not particularly good.

My $0.02.

~Hank

Aren't there enough online meat markets out there already?

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Aren't there enough online meat markets out there already?

None that work, especially for someone who isn't just looking for a hookup

I like the idea of it. I met my boyfriend on ace-book and it's sad that besides meetups that not everyone has access or transportation to, there's really no way for us to meet other asexuals. And I know, in my case and for many many other aces, dating a sexual person is really not an option. I would be wary of creeps coming on with bad intentions, especially since the majority of our members are very young. It would have to be 18+ for certain, and it would have to be somewhat separate from the actual forums for people who only want support and advice and non-romantic connection. But I do think we definitely need more options for asexual dating sites, and I think AVEN has the potential to launch one that people actually use. 

As long as its insulated from the forum I'm apathetic about the whole thing. I just don't want to have to deal with horny people trying to get over on each other where I would have to see it. 

I haven't been on this site for very long so maybe I don't know it well enough to have a proper opinion, but in theory I think some sort of dating thing is a good idea. Like not as a publicly advertised "dating site" because that would draw in some weirdos, but just as a thing for the existing community to use. It can be really hard for asexuals who do want romantic relationships to find people. I've considered joining ace dating sites before but heard they're all trash so it would be nice if there was a safe community of other asexuals. Ideally it would be in a place where people who aren't interested in it don't have to see it. But it would probably be hard to run so that's why I said it's a good idea "in theory" 😅

Dating is kind of a...big thing. Right now all kinds of people can participate an all parts of the site provided they have an account and aren’t banned. A dating area feels a little exclusive to like allo romantics who are in a place emotionally to feel like dating. It just doesn’t feel like the purpose of this site.

19 minutes ago, Mewtwo said:

Dating is kind of a...big thing. Right now all kinds of people can participate an all parts of the site provided they have an account and aren’t banned. A dating area feels a little exclusive to like allo romantics who are in a place emotionally to feel like dating. It just doesn’t feel like the purpose of this site.

by this measure there shouldn't be sections for ages like the teens or 50s, there is also a section for sexuals and allies

2 minutes ago, MakeLoveNotWar said:

by this measure there shouldn't be sections for ages like the teens or 50s, there is also a section for sexuals and allies

I mean yeah you’re right. I don’t know. The idea just feels wrong. 

• 11 months later...

@Shahima

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived