Lonliness

AroaceScriptette

AroaceScriptette

I am a 20 year old aromantic asexual and have stuck by that for like 4 years. I haven't like "come out" unless someone has asked or someone needed to know. I have a lot of friends who support me and a lovely family but I am so damn lonely and desperate.

I love romantic movies and I literally am obsessed with couples in TV shows. I dream of a wedding but don't picture a partner. I so desperately want to feel romantic love but I don't.  

I just feel lonely. I am a uni student who lives at home and one of my best friends moved abroad and I am so lonely. 

Being aromantic can be a curse but so freeing at the same time. Anyone else feel the same way? 

Note: I think of my aromanticism as something that may change but tbh it's been 4 years since I started using the label and its something that seems accurate throughout my childhood. 

I am feeling that now and I'm Homo-romantic, so I guess that I'm supposed to feel this way. I wish I was aromantic because romantic makes me feel so desperate that it makes me want to gag myself. I hope you can figure things out.

Welcome to AVEN!

That same feeling of loneliness is what prompted me to join the site.
Being here has helped, so I hope it does the same for you.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Galactic Turtle

If you're interested in dating and want to get married then there's no reason not to look around. You're only 20. Most of my friends didn't date in their teens.

Alternatively you could get more involved with any sort of activity. School is great for making friends, much more so than anything you'll experience after your student life is over.

Anthracite_Impreza

There are always QPRs to consider; they're only going to get more well-known and widespread as we go forward.

22 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

There are always QPRs to consider;

^ this is a great point -- and it can help you figure out just how deep any possible romantic feelings go, or if they don't exist at all

Aven is a great place to go to rid of loneliness for a little while btw :) 

Sometimes,lonliness gets to me deeply, and makes me feel just lost like I'm in deep space. But then, mostly, I seek it's company, because lonliness and me, we're like a dream team for so long now.

Got used to it.

Homo-aesthetic-ficto-wtf-romantic ... it's pointless, eh. Kakashi will never... I shouldn't complain.

just friends or acquaintances to meet at the surf and onliners, people at such forums, they'll take away the lonliness just by being there.

Archived