UK? What’s nice to get?

Heya, 

so so my moms friends daughter is working in the UK and to say thanks for help she got from my mom, she asked if she could bring anything from the UK.

sooo what does the UK have?

I am looking for something that is not food. I just want something small and either can place somewhere or use everyday but can mainly only be found Europe side of the world. I live in Africa. 

Any ideas? 

Otherwise I might just ask for a keychain or fridge magnet XD 

thanks!

Depends what part of the UK, there's parts of England with some specialty items different from other parts, not to mention Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

If Ireland a Shillelagh.( A sort of traditional wooden club.) Titanic memorabilia. Er, shamrock jewellry. Celtic Jewellery

If Scotland, tartan, whiskey memorabilia, Celt jewellery, Irnbru (Traditional soda drink, made from girders) Isle of Harris Tweed wallet, ect. 

If England, I'm not really sure, but pick a thing you need like a watch and I'm sure you can find something designed in London anywhere in the uk.

If Wales, again I'd need help, I've never been to Wales.

Anthracite_Impreza

Get a jar of dirt.

Maybe English food brands that cannot be found elsewhere.

We have lots of sweet you could get. 

If you're into books and reading as well, often our printed editions will have different covers to those abroad.

Get a Brexit souvenir, they'll either go massively up or down in value in the next 4 months, much like our economy

30 minutes ago, smallnsparky said:

If you're into books and reading as well, often our printed editions will have different covers to those abroad.

I love books and reading but honestly I am drawing up blank for that now lol 

26 minutes ago, œddy said:

Get a Brexit souvenir, they'll either go massively up or down in value in the next 4 months, much like our economy

You made me laugh but then I remembered that I totally understand you 

1 hour ago, AwkwardSquid said:

I am looking for something that is not food. I just want something small and either can place somewhere or use everyday but can mainly only be found Europe side of the world.

I think Marmite ticks all of your boxes. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, AwkwardSquid said:

any suggestions for candy?

Rock, pear drops , sherbet lemons, pear drops wine gums , some random Brit chocolate like freddos

6 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Get a jar of dirt.

then you can do this

Elftober Country
9 hours ago, AwkwardSquid said:

sooo what does the UK have?

Me! I'm house-trained and could use a holiday :D

Elftober Country
4 minutes ago, AwkwardSquid said:

Will you able to live in the heat though?

I'm surprising adaptable, see evidence below:

Spoiler

grinch.jpg

In big tourist cities like London and Edinburgh, there are loads of shops selling tourist tat made in China, such as key rings, fridge magnets, plastic red phone box models, and in the case of Edinburgh, loads of tartan stuff. 

If you want something like that, then fair enough, but I think it would be nicer to try to source something made locally in the UK, whatever it is you get. It would require a bit more effort to find such a thing. Maybe some kind or ornament would be appropriate. When I was in Edinburgh, I found a street market trader selling very nice knitted dolls that had been home made. 

Celyn: The Lutening
10 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

If Wales, again I'd need help

Wooden love spoons, welsh gold jewellery, slate coasters, dragon paraphernalia 

If you drink alcohol a bottle of Brains beer! Or Red Dragon beer. I like Jaffa cakes myself. 

Archived