How did you know when you were bi ace?

Minimintymintea

Minimintymintea

I am struggling with figuring out if I'm bi romantic or not.

I know that I definitely prefer men over women.

But I've been thinking a lot about if I would ever be in a more than friend relationship with a female and be comfortable.

And I think that I would.

I'm having trouble distinguishing between friend love  and super friend love.

I don't want to have a boyfriend or girlfriend.

But I want a platonic relationship. Where it's kindof like boyfriend or girlfriend. But we are super besffriends and we are allowed to have friends but we are in a relationship but it's friends but more than friends. Lol

And I think I would be able to have that type of relationship with a woman.

Wolf_Dragon303

Honestly, I feel you. This was super confusing to me for a while. 

For me it was getting a crush on a girl that made it clear. 

Obviously, if you think bi suits you, that’s totally fine. 

Aside of experiencing attraction, you could always experiment with some relationships (be careful though, don’t rush into things because they can end badly)  

otherwise, I can’t really help you. 

If you feel like bi is a good label, then take it. Questioning is a long and difficult process and it’s alright to try different labels. 

I actually realized it from reading a book.  A character said they were biromantic ace and all of a sudden something just clicked.  I had been confused about my feelings for a long time, and while I also prefer men, I knew that I could be perfectly happy in a platonic/semi-romantic relationship with a woman.

Before I had read the book I didn’t even know that people could have different romantic orientations as well as sexual, so when I understood that everything just finally made sense.  It really helped me to research different romantic orientations and just see what fit with how I felt.

I can relate a bit, I'm not sure if I'm biromantic or aromantic. If I'm biromantic I might have a preference towards girls because three of the four people I've even thought about being in a relationship with are girls, but even with these people I've never truly considered entering a relationship with them. It's basically just me thinking about them slightly more than I think about other friends, and occasionally I imagine cuddling with them. I don't enjoy kissing but I do like hugs and cuddling, however I'm not sure if I'd ever want to be in a romantic relationship with anyone and additionally when I'm with a person I have had a "crush" on, usually most romantic thoughts disappear. I understand what you mean by it being hard to distinguish between friend love and super friend love.

I'm also very confused. I always thought I had romantic feelings towards both men and women, but I repressed them because of my religious upbringing. I'm worried that it might be the cause of my asexuality. However, I'm comfortable with this label, so I hope that's not the case.

I think about relationships with some girls, but when I'm with them I realise that I'm not in love with them and that it'll never happen.

I don't know how this can help you, I just want you to know that you're not alone. Give yourself some time. Wish you all the best

panicatthelabyrinth

you could use the label bi and experiment with relationships, if you don't feel anything romantic to a particular person then you could be bi-alturouse (not sure how to spell it), bi-platonic, bi-aestetic etc 

TBH, I'm also pretty confused about that whole friend love or super friend love thing -- I'm currently identifying as aro-ace until something happens to prove me otherwise, so until I experience an attraction that is definitely more than friend love, I'm just gonna stick with these labels I guess

This might not be the best idea but, experimentation might help? Push some boundaries, open some doors, close some others, test things out? 

On 12/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, Minimintymintea said:

Same here. That's what makes me think that I may be WTFromantic. If anything at all, I'm grey-/demi-something.

I realised I was bi ace when I read a forum post about 11 years ago. This forum wasn't even sexuality-related, but I owe it so much. It was quite an important realisation.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:29 PM, Minimintymintea said:

I am struggling with figuring out if I'm bi romantic or not.

I know that I definitely prefer men over women.

But I've been thinking a lot about if I would ever be in a more than friend relationship with a female and be comfortable.

And I think that I would.

I don't want to have a boyfriend or girlfriend.

But I want a platonic relationship. Where it's kindof like boyfriend or girlfriend. But we are super besffriends and we are allowed to have friends but we are in a relationship but it's friends but more than friends. Lol

And I think I would be able to have that type of relationship with a woman.

Maybe you're aro.

Archived