How many people do you buy Christmas presents for?

iff

Christmas presents  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How many people do you buy Christmas presents for?

• 11 - 13
    • 14 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 75
    • 76 - 100
    • 100 +
  2. 2. Do you contribute to a group gift

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain
  3. 3. As of 9th December 2018, have you all your christmad shopping done

• Yes, all bought and wrappef
    • Yes though not wrapped
    • Yes but waiting for some to arrive
    • Over 80% done
    • 50 - 80% done
    • 25 - 49% done
    • Just started
    • None done
    • It is not yet 5:30pm on Christmas eve
    • Abstain

This poll is closed to new votes

For me I buy presents for just my parents and my 2 brothers.

I do also make a contribution towards the gift for the boss at work

I have all mine done, though not yet arrived

This year I finished super early and by the time December hit I was already done. I'm just too excited for Christmas and I hate feeling rushed if I wait too long. I bought presents for my parents, siblings, grandparents, and close friends.

Back to Avalon

My extended family used to draw names for Christmas, but we quit doing that years ago. I'm an only child, so I just buy for my parents. I've ordered gifts for them and spent less than in years past, so I might buy something else if inspiration strikes.

I guess around 10 people. The 4 people in my immediate family for sure, then little things for some extended family. I also gotta buy a white elephant gift for my work's Christmas lunch.

I'm around 80% done.

Alejandrogynous

I buy gifts for my immediate family (five people), and one friend. My other friends sometimes get something small depends on how money works out or if I see something perfect. This year I also have to get something for my sister's boyfriend since he's getting something for me. And I participate in secret Santa at work, dunno if that counts as a 'group gift'. 

I'm usually the type to have it all done by December 1st but this year I'm lagging big time, not even halfway done.

We sometimes buy a small gift for our grandparents when they come over for dinner during Christmas Eve. We have otherwise never really bought any gifts for Christmas. It would be repetetive if we had done so. We have our own "holiday of gifts" on December 5th/6th.

No more than 6 these days. I go with whomever I draw the name for from my family, a friend, and my mom (if I didn't draw her name). Contributions to work depend on funding and who it is and how soon they need it. I normally don't carry cash and some times they only collect for a couple days. All but one present it wrapped and have been shipped and delivered. 

Getting gifts for grandma, brother and sister. None of it done yet and in fact: I'm waiting until after Christmas because then there'll be HUGE sales in my place. I can do that easily since I'm an academic student from a working-class family with no money what-so-ever, so nobody will be angry.

b(^.^)b

We buy presents for the immediate family, but in the extended family only the kids get presents. Both my parents have large extended families, my dad has 7 siblings most of which had multiple children who already have kids. One of my uncles on my mum’s side has 30 grandkids - but luckily only 5 are under 18 or we’d be broke. Let’s just say we don’t do full family get together at any point. 

I usually buy gifts for my two closest friends, though I have a boyfriend this year, so he's getting a belated Christmas gift in January so I can hand deliver it (we're long distance). I like to get things done as early as possible so that I'm not scrambling at the last minute to prepare. I like to take my time and personalize things to the best of my ability before handing them over.

I have a a lot of friends and relatives and co-workers to buy for; I like Christmas, but all this shopping is a pain in the butt.

Christmad seems like a very apropos typo... ;) 

I buy presents for more people than I receive from (but I also buy myself presents, too, because there have been years when I received no presents from anyone else). Today I started my Christmas baking. I will probably be sending/giving presents to about a half dozen people, and cookies to as many more.

I buy a present, or parts of a present if it's handmade, for my mom, dad and brother (and also generally I buy something for me and wrap it up because I like getting presents, even if I paid for them and know what they are...). My brother and I often buy my dad a combined gift as well. I also make Christmas cookies and send them to my best friend, another very good friend of mine, my aunt, uncle and grampa as presents. 

I've finished most of my Christmas shopping, all that's left to buy are small snacks for my parents and brother, that they like that they can't easily get where they live, but because those are food, even if they are food that doesn't go bad fast, I prefer to buy those closer to Christmas. I also still have to wrap things up and ship the cookies. 

I have no idea. Until last year, 4-7 people. Now I have a bunch of in-laws. There’s 20 people on my list at the moment. But then I also donate toys to charity and give cards and trinkets to some acquaintances. I currently have half of my shopping done. I’m waiting to get a lot after my fiancé arrives Friday because it’s his family left and I want help with that. My mom will get something for my grandfather and we’ll say it’s from me.

Quite a few, even though as a family we changed to sister/brother parents and only the kidlets in extended family (plus a proxy cats send something to mum's dog and vice-versa.) 60% done, not least because half of the family I've seen for the last time before Christmas 

When I was a child, presents at Christmas did not exist in the Netherlands. We only gave presents on 5 December. It has been imported now, but about one-third of people still don’t give presents at Christmas. 

Emily Dialga Watson

My mum buys the presents for the rest of the family. All I have to do is buy presents for my friends and my parents. :) I can usually stick to a £100 budget for everyone if I'm careful. I've never believed in being materialistic so a few things for each people is normally enough.

Usually just for my immediate family, so that's 6 people. And occasionally something for friends (mostly just very small gifts or home-made cookies)

Just my mom and dad. I will probably get something for my best friend though, but that'll probably wait till mid January

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I bought a couple of presents for my daughter , one of which she can share with her bf/friends of choice so I guess that means 2 people. 

The nature of the presents were that if she used them straight away, she'd have the result of them by Xmas, so now she has loads in which to immerse herself right through Xmas and New Year...sh got them in November -who says I ever play by the rules?

Divide By Zero

> "It is not yet 5:30pm on Christmas eve"

LOL. That's my Dad.

I just finished my Christmas shopping this weekend.

AcornCarvings

I make presents for people more than I buy them. I made a pillow for my grandma. I'm going to bake bread for my family probably. I'm currently making a shirt for my friend, a bag for another friend's mom, and a miniature caribou for another friend. Most of those arent finished, though. 

The only people I give Christmas presents to are my nieces and nephew, and that shopping is done by their parents, I just provide the money :P

Also bringing my parents some gifts when visiting them over the holidays, but despite the timing I wouldn't classify them as Christmas presents (they'll get them a couple days before Christmas anyway).

On 12/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, Thea2 said:

When I was a child, presents at Christmas did not exist in the Netherlands. We only gave presents on 5 December. It has been imported now, but about one-third of people still don’t give presents at Christmas. 

Saint Nicholas was also the big thing in our family, and for Christmas we'd get a book (which was apparently tradition in my mom's side of the family). 

Nowadays we have presents for Christmas (I live abroad, so it's easier to meet with everyone for Christmas instead), but it's disguised as "Sinterkerst", so still the Sinterklaas influence, with poems and all ;)

TheGeekyNobody

So I just buy gifts mostly for my imediate family (which is quite a few people since my parents are split and there are...6 people to buy for on my dad's side)

My cousins that don't get much from their parents

And my best freind of like 6 years

I do art gifts for my other freinds

I don't celebrate Christmas, and I'm not close (physically or otherwise) to relatives that celebrate it. I have friends that do, but the most I did in the past was help them with their trees and decorations. No presents. I don't even give presents for Hanukkah. I also feel odd about the sudden rush of people scrambling to get their Christmas shopping done right now. So glad I don't feel I have to do that. It was crazy when I went to the mall, downtown, and a bakery today. It seems like a lot of work.

I have presents for me, and my family members. I have even gotten a present for myself and from myself! (Writing "To: (my irl name) From: (my irl name)" on the box is funny to me) Very excited for Christmas, except for the Christmas songs on the radio at the shops :(

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are eager to rip their ears out by the time they've heard "All I Want For Christmas.... ISSSS YOOOUUUUUUUUUU!" for the 9281th time.

Luftschlosseule

One for my sister, who gets store bought cookies she liked years ago. Don't know her enough for more.

My parents get a voucher for a cleaning of the interiors of their cars each and freshly-backed cookies.
And my best friend gets a book that'snot new but looks like it.

Archived