Asexual Mention in SNL Skit

Galactic Turtle

"not that anyone cares or asks" 

The biggest mood!!! 😂😂😂

Lol omg. He's the most sane person on that ride.

Seriously, that was funny! Thanx for sharing! 

It's cool they mentioned asexuality, bit I stopped the video after that point, because the skit was kinda dumb and boring.

Oh, that was unexpected. I was kind of worried and prepared to hear a horrible, stereotypical portrayal about asexuals, for comedic laughs. I liked that character's part; it reminded me a bit of myself, how I felt during school and hearing other students' conversations about their relationships. I kind of wish we'd heard more from the character.

:) Oh, I've just noticed the character's expression at 1:14.

Spoiler about the clip.

Spoiler

I thought Gene was the one who was going to say he was asexual, since he seemed constantly uncomfortable about his partner's--and the other couple's--sexually charged conversation.

RoseGoesToYale

The asexual bit was the only thing I actually got. As for the rest... er, what is this even supposed to be about?

I only watch SNL for the political satire bits; I feel like the rest of their skits have way too many sex jokes. I don't find them offensive, just... not funny? I've never understood what's so funny about sex.

But yaaay for a relateable character! That's cool. :)

Back to Avalon

The skit itself wasn't anything special, but I enjoyed the nod to asexuality.

3 hours ago, Reindeer Dani said:

I still can't watch it

Don't worry. You're not missing anything! The skit depicts 2 couples on what looks like a hired sleigh ride, kind of like the horsedrawn carriages in some cities. They talk a bit. At one point the driver looks back over his shoulder at the riders and mentions he is asexual (as described above). One guy jumps out of the sleigh. And that's about it. I have no idea what the point and/or punchline was. If there were any actual jokes I missed them. :P 

55 minutes ago, daveb said:

...I have no idea what the point and/or punchline was. If there were any actual jokes I missed them. :P 

:) I'm wondering whether it might be a NYC/NYC tourist carriage ride joke, based on, perhaps, one of the SNL writers' real-life experiences of overhearing other New Yorkers or NYC tourists discuss similar, personal conversations like the sexual one in the skit.

I've read NYC residents say that they've overheard others discuss their personal lives loudly, in public, on the NYC subways, buses, on the streets, etc., whether they're extroverts, drunk, etc.

Back to Avalon

Gemma, the Cecily Strong character, has been in skits before. I can't say I remember them very well, though.

I also can't view the clip but I saw the sketch as I watch SNL every week. The sketch went on too long but yeah I love the asexual reference and think what the driver said should be put on a button.

11 hours ago, daveb said:

Don't worry. You're not missing anything! The skit depicts 2 couples on what looks like a hired sleigh ride, kind of like the horsedrawn carriages in some cities. They talk a bit. At one point the driver looks back over his shoulder at the riders and mentions he is asexual (as described above). One guy jumps out of the sleigh. And that's about it. I have no idea what the point and/or punchline was. If there were any actual jokes I missed them. :P 

I see... So, he just mentions to the couples that he's asexual? Okay... 😑

Why did the guy jump out of the sleigh? Was he afraid that asexuality was contagious? 🤣

4 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I can´t see it either.

:) Don't worry. There's nothing to do with Trigger Warnings in the spoiler. It's about the skit.

Spoiler

I've just transcribed the skit in English, if you or anyone else is interested in reading it, since you aren't able to watch it. I could PM it to you, as I don't think I'd be able to post it, here, for copyright reasons. Just a warning though: the skit has sexual innuendo jokes, if anyone is uncomfortable with things like that.

Maybe it is actually  pro-asexual clip,  that bring asexual is the least strange thing of the everyday life?? 

Archived