Fruitcake  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of fruitcake?

• Yum! I like it.
    • Meh. It's okay.
    • Yuck! It's gross.

This poll is closed to new votes

Divide By Zero

The holiday season is here, which mean fruitcake has started appearing in stores. What do you think of fruitcake? Personally, I'm "meh" when it comes to fruitcake.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I've actually never had fruitcake. I'd be willing to try it if one was offered to me, but I don't have any strong desire to try one over a classic cake.

I really like fruitcakes, though we also have a similar thing at halloween, bairín breac (although best make sure there isn't a ring in your slice)

I think it should be an all year thing. Fruit cakes aren't just Christmas and halloween, they should be all year round

Depends on the fruit :) cherries FTW

I don't like it, I'm kind of fussy when it comes to food anyways. (All the fruit pieces in the cake is weird to me)

Has to be homemade, then yum

I've never had homemade fruitcake so maybe I'm missing out but the fruitcakes I've had are insults to the name "cake." The only thing I got from eating a piece of fruitcake was an appreciation for not eating.

13 hours ago, Lunala said:

I don't like it, I'm kind of fussy when it comes to food anyways. (All the fruit pieces in the cake is weird to me)

this

Celyn: The Lutening
10 hours ago, Sleighcaptain said:

Has to be homemade, then yum

^Ditto

Never had it. I didn’t even know it was real until planning my wedding, I learned traditional British wedding cakes are fruit cake. I was horrified.

RoseGoesToYale

IMHO panettone is superior

I tried a store bought one a long time ago, looked like a brick and tasted like a brick with over-sweetened fruit. Never again lol.

everywhere and nowhere

What is fruitcake?

Fruitcake is a cake made with candied or dried fruit, nuts, and spices, and optionally soaked in spirits. In the United Kingdom, certain rich versions may be iced and decorated. Fruitcakes are typically served in celebration of weddings and Christmas.

holiday-fruitcake-horiz-a-1600.jpg

everywhere and nowhere

Fruitcake is a cake made with candied or dried fruit, nuts, and spices, and optionally soaked in spirits. In the United Kingdom, certain rich versions may be iced and decorated. Fruitcakes are typically served in celebration of weddings and Christmas.

Thanks. So nope, not for me. I don't really like dried fruit (except as a tea ingredient), I hate alcohol, I never liked nuts and I'm probably anyway allergic to them anyway. That said, if I wear to eat nothing I'm at least somewhat allergic to, I would probably have to consume only water, glucose and vitamins... So I only avoid stuff I'm probably more strongly allergic to (goat milk, sesame, peanuts...) and eat lots of things I'm more moderately allergic to. Tomatoes, for example - no way I'd stop eating tomatoes.

Once my mom, by the way, made me completely stop eating two suspected allergens for half a year: citrus fruits and chocolate. Not even a trace of an effect, given that I'm also allergic to a lot of other things.

• 1 year later...

@ItchyFeet

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived