Having kids as an asexual?

Jennifer1722

On 12/17/2018 at 8:01 AM, Vincent Van Schmo said:

I am a little appalled at how excessively expensive these things are.  If you're asexual, gay, or unattractive, parenthood is basically not an option.

it is crazy. I go back and forth thinking of having #2 by IUI (adoption is way out of my range!) but travel costs and time off work make that very costly

• 2 weeks later...
Diadem of 12 Stars
On 12/17/2018 at 8:01 AM, Vincent Van Schmo said:

I am a little appalled at how excessively expensive these things are.  If you're asexual, gay, or unattractive, parenthood is basically not an option.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:31 PM, Sweet Potato said:

it is crazy. I go back and forth thinking of having #2 by IUI (adoption is way out of my range!) but travel costs and time off work make that very costly

I'm in the same boat as OP (also, my first post here, go figure, I didn't want to duplicate a previous post). I would love to be a mother and I'm actually heavily considering it this year. I recently signed up for an app Just a Baby for it. IVF, AI, and adoption are crazy expensive and I'm actually willing to have sex to get pregnant. At my age, I'm pretty sure I have no interest in relationships and I'm pretty comfortable being single. I do, however, want to be a mother. 

Diadem of 12 Stars
On 12/8/2018 at 10:33 AM, Jennifer1722 said:

It is my dream to be a mum. I have wanted it since a small child, I pick out kids names, I even dream of being a mum when I'm asleep. I'd be absolutely fine with being asexual if it wasnt for this but, until I solve this problem, my sexuality feels like a death sentence

Hey, OP!

Me, too. I don't know if you've heard of it, but there are a few apps out there, like Just a Baby or even groups where you can find your own donor.  I was also looking at at home AI; here's a helpful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlTslud3z50