Glass Man

I think I sexually attracted to somebody

Recommended Posts

Glass Man

So, self accaptance as asexual for me is easy because it's explain a strugle I keep having in friendship along my life. What I got about secual attraction is basicly that feeling "linger" to someone u see based on their appearence. I never felt that kind of experience my friends keep talkin when we were teenager bout love and girls. So that's the onlything I can write about sexual attraction.

 

If for me lack of attraction to other derived physically is Asexuality. Is that mean if I now suddennly have interested to someone when I see their body made me Ace no more?

And keep thinking about that feeling that latch on my mind right now is somehow make me feel weird and kind of dejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MichaelTannock

It's only Sexual Attraction if it causes you to desire sex with someone.
There are other types of attraction;
Romantic Attraction causes you to desire a romantic relationship with someone.
Platonic Attraction causes you to desire a close friendship with someone.
Aesthetic Attraction causes you to desire to look at someone.
Sensual Attraction causes you to desire to intimately touch or be touched by someone.
Etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glass Man

So as long that attraction that I felt now is not sexual, Asexuality is still definite term to be placed on person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glass Man
6 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

It's only Sexual Attraction if it causes you to desire sex with someone.
There are other types of attraction;
Romantic Attraction causes you to desire a romantic relationship with someone.
Platonic Attraction causes you to desire a close friendship with someone.
Aesthetic Attraction causes you to desire to look at someone.
Sensual Attraction causes you to desire to intimately touch or be touched by someone.
Etc.

So as long that attraction that I felt now is not sexual, Asexuality is still definite term to be placed on person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R_1
42 minutes ago, Glass Man said:

If for me lack of attraction to other derived physically is Asexuality. Is that mean if I now suddennly have interested to someone when I see their body made me Ace no more?

And keep thinking about that feeling that latch on my mind right now is somehow make me feel weird and kind of dejected.

For the time-being. Now, you could ID as asexual if it was a exception and happened out of the blip just because well, you're still functionally asexual at that point. You could have cases like myself that are once sexual before the date posted on the left which only points to the latest my sexuality disappeared completely rather than a transition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MichaelTannock
1 minute ago, Glass Man said:

So as long that attraction that I felt now is not sexual, Asexuality is still definite term to be placed on person?

Yes, that's right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glass Man
Just now, MichaelTannock said:

Yes, that's right.

 

1 minute ago, R_1 said:

For the time-being. Now, you could ID as asexual if it was a exception and happened out of the blip just because well, you're still functionally asexual at that point. You could have cases like myself that are once sexual before the date posted on the left which only points to the latest my sexuality disappeared completely rather than a transition.

Those are helping information, Thanks guys.

I just waiting for ridding this feeling on my guts when I think about those "attraction" now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glass Man
2 minutes ago, Glass Man said:

 

Those are helping information, Thanks guys.

I just waiting for ridding this feeling on my guts when I think about those "attraction" now.

The feeling is gone... hahaha.

I think i just need time to digest your help guys. Once again thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serran

Also just a note: doesnt have to be attraction to their appearance. Can be attraction to their personality, voice, an intelligent speech you hear, the trust you have between you, etc etc. Key is makes you feel like choosing them as a sexual partner, even if fleeting and you wouldnt go through with it for various reasons (morals, risk of disease, etc). 

 

You can just find people pretty / handsome / whatever without it being sexual though for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R_1
12 minutes ago, Serran said:

Also just a note: doesnt have to be attraction to their appearance. Can be attraction to their personality, voice, an intelligent speech you hear, the trust you have between you, etc etc. Key is makes you feel like choosing them as a sexual partner, even if fleeting and you wouldnt go through with it for various reasons (morals, risk of disease, etc). 

 

You can just find people pretty / handsome / whatever without it being sexual though for sure. 

+1

 

I do have to add that sometimes attraction just isn't distinguishable for some. You might be able to tell by learning about yourself. In my case, I know that I'm emotionally attracted to women at times, and when I like her voice + her personality, and we're both liking to see each other every once in a while, I can be attracted to her at a emotional level.

 

Is emotional attraction the same as platonic attraction? Seem like every relationship with women I like were platonic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serran
3 minutes ago, R_1 said:

+1

 

I do have to add that sometimes attraction just isn't distinguishable for some. You might be able to tell by learning about yourself. In my case, I know that I'm emotionally attracted to women at times, and when I like her voice + her personality, and we're both liking to see each other every once in a while, I can be attracted to her at a emotional level.

 

Is emotional attraction the same as platonic attraction? Seem like every relationship with women I like were platonic. Literally.

I think emotional can be anything, honestly. "Oh that person seems cool!..." but then either the spark of romance happens or doesnt. And for sexuals the spark of sexual attraction does or doesnt at some point too. 

 

Personally, I can find people cool but I rarely feel romantic interest. I have only felt sexual interest to one person. Attraction is a funny thing and just cause someone catches your attention doesnt mean it catches it for all the reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R_1
6 minutes ago, Serran said:

I think emotional can be anything, honestly. "Oh that person seems cool!..." but then either the spark of romance happens or doesnt. And for sexuals the spark of sexual attraction does or doesnt at some point too. 

 

Personally, I can find people cool but I rarely feel romantic interest. I have only felt sexual interest to one person. Attraction is a funny thing and just cause someone catches your attention doesnt mean it catches it for all the reasons. 

Then it seems that emotional doesn't seem to describe my attraction to some women in the past so well. It's not romantic, but I can definitely say I really like her rather than just seem cool. Infatuation in a certain sense, but I liked the idea of being with her side by side without it going romantic. That's something the OP should know. Sometimes, attraction is really hard to describe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serran
4 minutes ago, R_1 said:

Then it seems that emotional doesn't seem to describe my attraction to some women in the past. It's not romantic, but I can definitely say I really like her rather than just seem cool. Infatuation in a certain sense, but I liked the idea of being with her side by side without it going romantic. That's something the OP should know. Sometimes, attraction is really hard to describe.

So what people call a squish ? Wanting a close non-romantic non-sexual relationship above basic friendship but not partners (romantic that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R_1
1 minute ago, Serran said:

So what people call a squish ? Wanting a close non-romantic non-sexual relationship above basic friendship but not partners (romantic that is).

It's better in general. But, sometimes people don't exactly see squishes as anywhere near as intense as romantic or sexual, but in my experience, it is almost every bit of intense though. Here, people do understand that, otherwise, probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now