Positive Posts - They too can happen!

Traveler40

So, I’ve noticed a wee bit of discontent with entrees like “Miserable”, “Desperate”, “Lonely”, “Frustrated” and “help”.  It’s pretty rough, yes, but what positives do we sexuals have despite the lack of lingerie, partnered orgasms and intimate couplings at this time of year?  I think it’s good to take stock.  

Here’s my current list of things I’m grateful for:

1. My family

2. My lover

3. My health

4. My work 

5. Massage therapists, waxologists and TOYS (especially Mona by Lelo..😁)

What are you thankful for? What rocks your world?

I have some very pretty lingerie, I'll have you know, but only i get to enjoy them.

I also have a lot of shoes.

And face masks.

A tiny satchel.

There's a chance I might be a woman.

...and there's a chance I might become a man, lol.

I think @Traveler40 was hoping to hear from sexual partners of aces. :)

I'm grateful that my partner's asexuality frees me to change my gender, I'm looking forward to exploring this in the next year.

And I'm thankful we worked it out together; it was devastating to realize, but things are better than they were before we understood it!

I'm looking forward to our new child, and to soon being woken up by crying and rather than by being kicked in the ribs. (Ow!) ;) So far the pregnancy has gone well enough, and nearing the end, I'm grateful for that too!

I'm grateful for our family, and sibs that look forward to the new one, and extended family.

I'm thankful for my work -- it has purpose, but is also fun.

I'm looking forward to being able to drink beer again soon...

And I'm thankful our youngest is now potty trained! So proud 😂

-Music. Holy shit, music. Music means the world to me. Every day I cycle through a whole bunch of different types and it sounds silly to say I guess, but I love my varied musical taste. (Does anyone dislike their own taste though? That's why I say it sounds silly, but whatever.) I spent a while listening to a new album from a favourite rock band this morning, a few days ago I got really into some new stuff from an indie band, the other night I was listening to Benny Goodman live from Carnegie Hall in 1938, yesterday I had one of my favourite albums from Pink on heavy rotation (man, she's a kickass lady haha), and right now I'm listening to my favourite classical radio station. Music is life.

-Podcasts. They're my other everything lately. When your options are limited by your health, immersing yourself in an auditory world of everything from education to comedy to random stories to spiritual fulfilment (I'm an atheist but still have some sense of spirituality) is like a saving grace. For me, anyway.

-Hesitant about this one, but universal healthcare. The system has failed me in a lot of ways at times, but I'm doing better than I would be if I lived in the States at least. Or a third world country, obviously.

-I live with someone who's one of the kindest and most genuine people I've ever met in my life, and despite our relationship not being what it was supposed to be, I'm very grateful and I love him a lot even if it's not a romantic connection.

-I mean... the internet? Lol. It's a wondrous thing. :lol:

-Coffee. Also coffee. And did I mention coffee? (P.S. Coffee!)

-Legal freaking cannabis.

-My mum is coming to visit next weekend and I'm actually really looking forward to it. We've had a rough relationship at times but I do love her and it'll be nice to spend some time together. We've been texting snowstorm and Christmas decoration pics back and forth all morning; I'm glad she finally has a smartphone, it's been nice to keep in touch that way. Phone calls are extremely inconvenient for me and long emails are daunting, but I like keeping up contact with her regularly.

-The support and just casual friendly interaction I've had lately with certain online friends/acquaintances.

-My city. I absolutely love my city. It's no London or Paris or New York or Rome, it's just a midsize Canadian city about an hour north of Toronto, but it's where I chose to move when I moved out of my mum and dad's when I was 23 and it's home. I had to move away for a couple years, June 2014 to July 2016, and it broke my heart. It broke my heart in the way a relationship ending can break your heart. I became increasingly homesick and unbearably unhappy, and was eventually able to move back, and the relief was immense. I don't even understand why this place means so much to me, but it does. I'm miserable anywhere else, even other places that are far more interesting or impressive on paper.

I'm happy that I'm not lonely, despite not having an SO. I still get to spend quality time with the person who decided not to become my SO.

I am very thankful for my family (which includes my asexual spouse); my fun, interesting, and thoroughly fulfilling job and career; living in one of the most beautiful places in the world that also has damn near perfect weather all the time; one of my dogs (the other is on my shit list); and my fancy electric-assist bicycle. 

57 minutes ago, SCPDX said:

....living in one of the most beautiful places in the world that also has damn near perfect weather all the time;....

Um, I haven’t been able to dive for a few weeks given the rains and tide swells...😳 El Niño is tough this year.😬

WAIT, postivity -  California *definitely* ROCKS! 🎉

Meanwhile I'm under maybe a foot of snow here. <_< 

Err... positivity, though! It's actually really beautiful. Soft and fluffy. It was a lovely winter wonderland sort of day.

Rocks literally rock my world! I'm thankful to work in an Archaeology lab. 

And of course my beautiful cat, Razzle ❤️ 

Oh, that could be a very long list… OK, let’s choose the top several.

I’m very grateful for my family (that includes, among others, my ace partner and my wonderful cats)

I’m grateful that we don’t just rest together – we make a cool working team.

I’m grateful for my budding new career (that couldn’t have happened without my partner’s support and involvement)

And I love how we share same thoughts – like in cheesy movies, we often say the same things at the same moment – down to the similar intonation. )

I am very happy about my family. They rock my world. 

I am extremely lucky, that I have the love of my lovely wife and on top of that, she puts in a great effort to have me, have wonderful sexual sessions with her. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am grateful 

For hope I know in the depths of my soul that everything will be okay. I'll get all my hearts desires in this life. 

Grateful for my support system my tribe I'd be in hell without them

Grateful for my Ace spouse he takes Care for me so good and he's a good guy

The internet it has saved my life countless times 

Music.. It's life itself

My job gives my soul such nourishment and gives my life meaning 

Archived