Masturbation and older asexuals

pma01

2 hours ago, TreMartEyes said:

I have never had an orgasm in my life. I still try even though I know its kind of pointless.  I enjoy the feeling its kind of like an itch that needs to be scratched. It isn't driven by my environment but from something inside. 

At least you're trying. I'm not sure what my reaction would be to no orgasm when I pleasure myself.

@TreMartEyes

I have had at least two orgasm's in my life. 

So at the very least I know the difference between having an orgasm and not having an orgasm.

Special circumstances lead to the orgasm in both cases, and it was a while ago. 

Spoiler

I don't get spontaneous or uncontrolled erections anymore. In some ways that is a benefit. With 'stimulation' my erections are just as 'strong' as they were in my younger days.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:45 AM, argar said:

@TreMartEyes

I have had at least two orgasm's in my life. 

So at the very least I know the difference between having an orgasm and not having an orgasm.

Special circumstances lead to the orgasm in both cases, and it was a while ago. 

Was it the lack of trying or did you feel you could get your self to that point. 

• 3 weeks later...
Dances With Cats

I'm 51 and I masturbate. Not very often, but to me it's like scratching an itch. There are no sexual fantasies involved, just me and my vibe.

20 hours ago, Dances With Cats said:

I'm 51 and I masturbate. Not very often, but to me it's like scratching an itch. There are no sexual fantasies involved, just me and my vibe.

I should've added a comment yesterday (lack of sleep will do that).

I liked your post because it was nice to see that you're comfortable enough to post about it here on AVEN.

I never felt any shame in doing it, but before I joined AVEN a couple of years ago, the discussion is generally negative.

Most people here that post about masturbating do so in a positive way.

• 4 weeks later...

I find myself masturbating as a means of a high and tiring myself out to go to sleep some nights. Although sometimes it takes too much effort, and it makes things worse than before (no real release, spent too long and overtired myself which means I won't sleep as easily).

Annoying. Get the feeling of my body parts acting against my interest because I ate too many apples or whatever triggers some sort of hormone and the feeling like having to pee gets too much. Once a month, maybe. Takes for-fucking-ever, only works to imagine fictional characters, always two guys, made me hella confused if I wanted to be a guy for a while. (No thanks I have enough body hair as it is, lol.)

So lame.

I masturbated more when I was younger. Maybe once a week. But, now in my late 30s, I might do it once a month, if that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Asexual and I find I still have abit of an urge around my ovulation period before my menstrual cycle. 

So I tend to masturbate. As I saw someone say before on here that it's a like scratching an itch and I don't feel a need or urge to find a partner to help with that. 

2 hours ago, AJ 0688 said:

I don't feel a need or urge to find a partner to help with that. 

A lot less drama involved as well.

• 2 weeks later...

For myself its more of a self maintains program then anything. Your body is going to clean out your system one way or another and when your past a certain age cleaning up the nocturnal emission in the morning isn’t fun anymore.  

I don't remember a time when I didn't masturbate, which makes me guess that I started around age 4.

I have always liked it; it is not annoying or a chore.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:39 AM, Salmiakki said:

I can't believe that you thought that I was old... like... how... how could anyone think that I'm old, that's soooo weird...

I don't think you need to read too much into someone assuming you were older.  The title of this thread is "Masturbation and older asexuals," so it would be an easy assumption to make.  But of course anyone of any age is welcome to post!

30 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

I don't think you need to read too much into someone assuming you were older.  The title of this thread is "Masturbation and older asexuals," so it would be an easy assumption to make.  But of course anyone of any age is welcome to post!

I didn't post in this thread before will tagged me. He quoted my post from another thread. I never originally posted here, he assumed my age based on a post that I posted in a different thread. It had nothing to do with the title of this thread.

Also, I was surprised that he thought that I was much older than what I really am cause I knew he had read many of my previous posts and I thought that based on all those posts it would be obvious to him that I was young. Also I feel like in general when I post I sound young, but maybe not everyone thinks that? idk

6 hours ago, pickles mcgee said:

I don't remember a time when I didn't masturbate, which makes me guess that I started around age 4.

I have always liked it; it is not annoying or a chore.

I knew about 

Spoiler

jerking off

as a teenager, but didnt start 'pleasuring myself' until I was 18.

X2 on the latter part. :ph34r:

@Salmiakki I'm sorry that me thinking you were older has bothered you. There was no malicious intent on my part.

6 hours ago, Salmiakki said:

Also I feel like in general when I post I sound young, but maybe not everyone thinks that? idk

For what it's worth I always thought you were pretty young, maybe typical college age (like early 20s?).

Back on topic. I'd say my own experience is similar to what pickles mentioned.

I probably do it less these days than when I was younger though.

Same as @pickles mcgee - enjoyable and from when I was 4 or 5. I definitely count as an older asexual!

I guess a younger person could check the thread to see what us older folks think of the subject...

There is no reason younger people can't check in on or participate in threads in this forum. It's all good. :) 

When I was in my 30s and 40s (probably the peak of my masturbating) I could easily masturbate and orgasm twice in quick succession. For the last few years (I'm 58 now) even if I want to do a 'double feature' I'm pretty much beat/fatigued/spent/exhausted after my first orgasm. I can have another session after about an hour's rest, but the second orgasm isn't near as satisfying as the first.

I have no idea why I even bother doing it twice. Something along the lines of 'the  chase is better than the catch'?

On 1/27/2019 at 2:55 PM, LauraGarnham said:

I've had the same thing recently, it's been a bit so so, I would usually do it maybe once a week, but haven't for a few weeks now ... will wait until I feel the urge again and then maybe enjoy it more. 

oh yes i would say to do on a regular schedule would be rather boring and so so , when with the urge is more worth it. 

I get nothing out of it.  One part of the body is no better for self-touching than any other.  I might as well rub my elbow when trying to orgasm.  

Archived