Masturbation and older asexuals

pma01

I hope that Iam posting this in the right area. I have a question, may be tmi, but Iam curious as too how many of you older asexuals male and female still enjoy masturbating? And has your libido changed. I know for myself that i still enjoy masturbating, I just don’t do it as often because my libido has definitely decreased.

I enjoy it to a certain extent.

What I enjoy the most is creating just the right story or scenario to make the experience interesting.

Lately though, it has become a little stale and boring.

I've also noticed that I have higher feeling of libido during different times of the year.

I enjoy it well enough, but I've never had much libido. It's more a case that sometimes I just get a feeling to do it and get it done quickly. I'm only 36, though, so I don't know how that will change further down the road.

I haven't enjoyed the process since my early teens - after that the novelty wore off, I think! 

These days I hardly bother, and even when I do it's just another chore to get done and dusted. 

Some potential TMI in the spoiler: 

Spoiler

A few weeks ago I think it was actually some online discussion I caught about "No Nut November", and a consequent "Destroy Dick December" that reminded me that it had been 2-3 months since I'd last masturbated - if I hadn't read that, I probably wouldn't have done anything for who knows how long. 

20 hours ago, Raire said:

I haven't enjoyed the process since my early teens - after that the novelty wore off, I think! 

These days I hardly bother, and even when I do it's just another chore to get done and dusted. 

Yeah, this. Although my libido is unfortunately still high enough that I need to bother with that chore quite regularly. *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...
Coily the Spring Sprite
On 12/19/2018 at 4:40 PM, Dreamsexual said:

It can be a relief, like going to the toilet.  It's not unpleasant, but I just try to get it over with pretty quickly because it's primarily the relief, rather than any pleasure per se, that I'm after.  I often see it as a sort of chore to remove an irritating physical/psychological 'pressure'; scratching an itch.

I masterbate a lot less now than I did years ago.  When I was a teen I enjoyed the feeling of orgasm, but it's a lot less of a sensation now.  And it's become more tedious.

This pretty much describes me. While I find it enjoyable in the moment, I want to get it over with so I can move onto other things. 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:01 PM, pma01 said:

I hope that Iam posting this in the right area. I have a question, may be tmi, but Iam curious as too how many of you older asexuals male and female still enjoy masturbating? And has your libido changed. I know for myself that i still enjoy masturbating, I just don’t do it as often because my libido has definitely decreased.

Same here

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 57 and still enjoy masturbating. Not as often as when I was in my 30s.

Spoiler

I dont have a libido anymore but still masturbate because I enjoy the 'heightened' physical and mental feelings plus the results.

Not sure what my reaction will be when I'm no longer able to 'perform'.

I may not be as old as others here but I find, for me anyway, masturbation to be more of a habit than an actual need.  It feels good but I can live without it.  

2 hours ago, LonesomeCrow said:

I may not be as old as others here but I find, for me anyway, masturbation to be more of a habit than an actual need.  It feels good but I can live without it.  

Times two on the habit.

mine is a build up of sorts, it sneaks up on me and gets to a point that something say HELLO  its time to get this out of your system. take care of it rather quickly and move on. 

On 12/8/2018 at 4:10 AM, argar said:

Lately though, it has become a little stale and boring.

I've had the same thing recently, it's been a bit so so, I would usually do it maybe once a week, but haven't for a few weeks now ... will wait until I feel the urge again and then maybe enjoy it more. 

• 5 months later...

I'm 64 and still enjoying masturbating.  But as others have mentioned I don't do that as often as I did when I was younger.

FindingTheta

Not at all, I think talking about masturbation and sexuality in general is very healthy, especially because it removes the stigma behind it.

I'm 34; masturbation is something I can do without (plus I have to set aside a couple hours, so it's time intensive), but I'm thinking about getting some toys and doing a bit of exploring with em using this review site: https://www.ohjoysextoy.com/. I have a Fleshlight, but I found that the material the "sleeve" is made of tends to break after about a year despite adequate lubing.

Going to try a vibrating toy just to sate my curiosity.

3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

I'm 64 and still enjoying masturbating.  But as others have mentioned I don't do that as often as I did when I was younger.

Great to hear!

I wonder how those of us males that enjoy it will react when the time comes (no pun intended) when we can't get aroused and/or climax?

I realized recently that I only ever masturbated because I read things by feminists that said women should find out what they enjoy, so they can then get that from a partner.

I was basically pressuring myself into it in the comfort of my own bedroom! And bored myself so much I never managed much more than a couple of minutes...

• 2 weeks later...
Anonymously asexual
On 12/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, Spotastic said:

I enjoy it well enough, but I've never had much libido. It's more a case that sometimes I just get a feeling to do it and get it done quickly. I'm only 36, though, so I don't know how that will change further down the road.

Depends. I'm 53 now, its slowed down drastically which I find to be a blessing anyway.

DuranDuranfan

I’m 38. I didn’t really pleasure myself a lot when I was younger mostly because I had low interest/libido. But since being married, I’ve been doing it more often just to see what gets me off. Especially lately. I’m on this cream that encourages my body to make its own progesterone and I think it’s increased my libido. 

I generally have a high libido so I masturbate just about every day, Iam 55 I still enjoy it as much as ever, but my libido has decreased some. I have a couple of toys, I have a fleshlight but I can’t really use it anymore.

• 1 month later...

@Salmiakki

Btw, there’s something that I wanted to “complain” about. Cause you know, why not. I’m an open book! 😂 I love masturbating (lol) but I hate the fact that every time when I do it I come wayyyy too quickly. It’s honestly so annoying. Like it’s normal that masturbation doesn’t last that long but in the past (I’m saying that as if it was a long time ago..) I was able to do it for a longer time but now I can’t hold an orgasm at all. Idk if it’s a sign of doing it too much or doing it too rarely, or maybe it’s neither. I still enjoy it but I just wish I could make it last longer. But even though it’s annoying that I come so quickly I’m obviously not gonna stop masturbating cause I love everything else about it. 

I thought I'd reply to your post here. 

Spoiler

I'm almost 58 and yes the results aren't as strong as they used to be, nor am I masturbating as often as I used to in my 30s and 40s. I do enjoy it just as much though ;) There are 'enthusiasts' that 'edge' or prolong their sessions. I tried it ONCE, years ago. You might want to research that activity.  

If you ever want to message me, (I'm an open book on the subject as I think you know) feel free to contact me. 

I find a proper dump to be more satisfying than rubbing one out. Libido has decreased a bit, but it's still there. I wouldn't mind if it just vanished altogether.

9 hours ago, will123 said:

@Salmiakki

I thought I'd reply to your post here. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm almost 58 and yes the results aren't as strong as they used to be, nor am I masturbating as often as I used to in my 30s and 40s. I do enjoy it just as much though ;) There are 'enthusiasts' that 'edge' or prolong their sessions. I tried it ONCE, years ago. You might want to research that activity.  

If you ever want to message me, (I'm an open book on the subject as I think you know) feel free to contact me. 

Hmm, well I don't think that the reason why I come quickly has anything to do with my age since I'm only 19, lol

Also I've been masturbating regularly for less than two years. And I used to be able to masturbate for a longer time and prolong orgasms, I'm not sure when I started to lose that "skill" XD I guess I've just lost my ability to control myself. I can't slow down once I get into it. Maybe I'm just hornier now, lol 

2 hours ago, Salmiakki said:

Hmm, well I don't think that the reason why I come quickly has anything to do with my age since I'm only 19, lol

Also I've been masturbating regularly for less than two years. And I used to be able to masturbate for a longer time and prolong orgasms, I'm not sure when I started to lose that "skill" XD I guess I've just lost my ability to control myself. I can't slow down once I get into it. Maybe I'm just hornier now, lol 

I guess the joke is on me thinking you were older. I guess I misread your 'past' comment. 

11 hours ago, will123 said:

I guess the joke is on me thinking you were older. I guess I misread your 'past' comment. 

Haha seriosuly, you thought I was older? XD well that's why I wrote "(I’m saying that as if it was a long time ago..)", after I said "in the past". In the past sounded a bit weird/like it really was a long time ago but I didn't really know how else to say it, especially since I really can't remember when I started to lose my ability to masturbate for a longer time

Tbh if I was old it would be a bit weird and creepy cause the person who I fantasize about is also 19... and my earliest fantasies are from a time when he was still 17... (wasn't 17 when I had those fantasies but the fantasies are based on a time when he (and I..) was 17.. if that makes sense. He's actually like three months older than me but we were born in the same year. Omg this must sound so complicated and confusing) 

seriously this is so funny lmao... I always thought that I sounded really young 

I can't believe that you thought that I was old... like... how... how could anyone think that I'm old, that's soooo weird... like it's more common that people think I'm underage. I feel so flustered now lol.. this is so weird 

• 2 weeks later...

I personally hate masturbating and avoid it as much as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I am only 35, and I still have a pretty high libido. I feel the need to masturbate often. Maybe every other day. But its not really great. Like I always want it beforehand and then afterwards I'm always like, thats it? I wish I didnt have so much of a sex drive/libido.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 66 year old sexual male and my spouse of 37 years is asexual. Masturbation is very important for me and my spouse supports this sexual activity. She does not participate nor observes me masturbating. Several things trigger my need to masturbate. I am not sure how long this need to self pleasure is going to last but I hope it is a long way off. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have never had an orgasm in my life. I still try even though I know its kind of pointless.  I enjoy the feeling its kind of like an itch that needs to be scratched. It isn't driven by my environment but from something inside. 

Archived