Same old BS

foodandpizza1

foodandpizza1

What was the worst thing someone told you when you told them you were asexual? 

Me;I’m sex repulsed

Mom; first of all, you don’t know since you never done it

Me; (Can’t hit her she’s my mother)

When people say that, you've got to wonder what led them to have sex the first time?  Presumably there was actual attraction and not "I've heard this feels good."  

Worst experience I've had was when I told someone I was asexual over text and they seemed okay with it, but when I later met up with them in person they literally told me, "You're not asexual. That's not possible."

Just now, IrishArcher said:

Worst experience I've had was when I told someone I was asexual over text and they seemed okay with it, but when I later met up with them in person they literally told me, "You're not asexual. That's not possible."

GAAAAG!!!

I didn't know how to respond. Like, oh yes, thank you for clearing that up for me. It's definitely not something I've been wrestling with for years. Clearly you, an acquaintance, are much more of an expert on my own feelings than I am!

I'm not actually ace, so I don't have a story to share.

You're definitely not alone on that front... Reminds me of a time during a group project; the other gals found out I was asexual (through some buttons on my bag I assume) and made it their life's purpose to interrogate me endlessly on how I HAVE to try sex since I hadn't and how they were gonna "get me laid" as if they were doing a public service for me or something. 😕 I reported them, but still, it was super gross... I'm sorry to hear that your mother behaves in this way, you're welcome to vent and scream to your heart's content here on AVEN! 🍰

CaptainMarvel

I’m actually pretty lucky because my friends are all super accepting (I haven’t come out to anyone else yet). So far my worst enemy has probably been myself, because I’ll be enjoying life and being ace and stuff and then my brain out of nowhere says something like “you’re not actually ace you’re too young to know you’re looking for attention you want to be special,” etc, and it’s really annoying but I’m working on getting rid of that doubt 

I gave up telling people a long time ago. Were i live isn't very progressive and people tend to understand that there's only two or three sexualities, and only one of them is acceptable, unless you're a woman.

"To me, eating dog shit is absolutely repulsive".

"You don't know that since you've never done it".

Anthracite_Impreza

"So does that mean you're into necrophilia or bestiality but too ashamed to say?"

😐

Me: I'm asexual

Friend: Well, you say that now.

Me: *shows her my ace ring*

Friend: Oh, you're one of those...

Me: I'm asexual

Friend: wait, don't you have a boyfriend? How can you be ace and still have a boyfriend? 

"Are you sure?" "Don't you want kids?" "Is that really a thing?" "What if your husband wants kids?"-all from the same girl<_<

Joke's on her, I don't really want a husband/wife/partner

*Looks into top hat labelled "shit awful gay people say" and pulls out a strip of paper*

"Asexual people aren't queer"

Fuck you too, Jenny

(I have never known or knowingly interacted with a Jenny)

People: “Don’t you want kids?”

Me: *flashback to all the screaming, disorderly children I hear and see at work every day* “No.”

I don’t really tell people I’m likely asexual and aromantic, but people just can’t seem to comprehend I’m telling the truth when I say I don’t really care about romance or sex. Lots of people think it’s impossible for a 24 y.o. male to not want one or the other.

foodandpizza1
10 hours ago, SmallBean said:

"Are you sure?" "Don't you want kids?" "Is that really a thing?" "What if your husband wants kids?"-all from the same girl<_<

Joke's on her, I don't really want a husband/wife/partner

Same thing! My moms told me that I would be selfish if I didn’t want kids but my husband did. Umm ok I’ll marry someone who doesn’t want kids :) (that made her shut up) 

foodandpizza1
18 hours ago, Milton said:

You're definitely not alone on that front... Reminds me of a time during a group project; the other gals found out I was asexual (through some buttons on my bag I assume) and made it their life's purpose to interrogate me endlessly on how I HAVE to try sex since I hadn't and how they were gonna "get me laid" as if they were doing a public service for me or something. 😕 I reported them, but still, it was super gross... I'm sorry to hear that your mother behaves in this way, you're welcome to vent and scream to your heart's content here on AVEN! 🍰

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg! (I feel better now) ;) 🍰

Archived