New Moderator Needed: Open Mic and Questions about Asexuality: Nominations

Kelly

@OptimisticPessimist Thank you. I’ve never been a moderator of anything before so was a little worried to sign up for the election without knowing if I could meet the responsibilities. 

Id like to join the election if I think I could be an effective moderator for Open Mic 

i spend all my aven time there mostly anyway lol

22 minutes ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

...Id like to join the election if I think I could be an effective moderator for Open Mic 

i spend all my aven time there mostly anyway lol

:) Only that forum? The election is for one mod to moderate two forums, but I'm curious: Is there a reason why there can't be a separate mod, in this case, for each forum (e.g., @MichaelTannock moderating the Questions About Asexuality forum and @MaybeIBelongSomewhere moderating the Open Mic Forum)? Might that, perhaps, help cut down on mods leaving, due to not having enough time? Also, that way, more people who want to try moderating get a chance to try moderating the forum they'd like to moderate and/or the one they know best.

I can't help but feel sorry during elections, for the ones who wanted to try moderating, but weren't able to because the position was given for one person to moderate two forums; I've noticed that most don't seem to try to be elected, again, once another moderator position has opened.

@InquisitivePhilosopher Hi yes only the open mic forum I didn’t read properly didn’t realize it’s for both 😅

i don’t think I’m qualified to moderate questions on asexualitly 👀 barely just accepted my own identity lol

Have a great day

2 hours ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

i don’t think I’m qualified to moderate questions on asexualitly 👀 barely just accepted my own identity lol

Answering questions posted in Q&A is not a prerequisite for modding that forum, just FYI. It was the first forum I modded here on AVEN, and I didn't start answering questions posed there for several weeks or even a couple of months into modding it because I didn't feel comfortable. Just so you know :)

I am still thinking of it... But no i can't. Just the thought of the possible stress and the guilt feelings of saying what someone can and can not do, makes me shake. I mean what gives me that right? I was thinking of about giving a nudge or a warning even if they deserve it, it would give me such guilt feelings for making someone sad even if it made several others happy. And one faulty decision can have huge consequences for the forum.  I am just to weak for it.

And I personally would not be comfortable moding a sub forum that i don't know as much as possible on the subject so i know what they talk about and not post misinformation. 

I just want to give something back to the forum somehow . 

Sorry i will not take up more place in this thread again. 

@Kimmie. It's okay to make mistakes, it wouldn't cause huge consequences. And you don't have to know everything. We are here to help new mods and answer any questions. But you don't have to run if you don't feel comfortable with it. No pressure.

@TheAP sorry but as a mod there is no room for mistakes. One wrong word from me and it can be all over social media, that results in attacks on AVEN. 

1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

@TheAP sorry but as a mod there is no room for mistakes. One wrong word from me and it can be all over social media, that results in attacks on AVEN. 

I think that rarely happens.

Just now, TheAP said:

I think that rarely happens.

But It can..

Sorry just over thinking stuff again. 

4 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. We do a job and sometimes it involves giving warns/nudges. 

We all make mistakes, and they can be undone usually. As AP says it rarely happens. 

And that is the proof that that the spot as a mod is not for me i guess. 

1 minute ago, St. Nyaaconix the II said:

I know the anxiety... it's not strange at all... :blush: 

But you're allowed to be too right? 

Yeah but it is probably anoying for everyone else to have to see me walking around in circles talking shit about myself. 

1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

Yeah but it is probably anoying for everyone else to have to see me walking around in circles talking shit about myself. 

What makes you think that? Is it true you're a shitty person?

8 minutes ago, St. Nyaaconix the II said:

What makes you think that? Is it true you're a shitty person?

I mean what we are doing now talking about my mental health and not about applying for a crew post.

10 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. I think you'd make a great mod but i understand the anxiety. 

To be honest I am not so sure about that. I would probably look between my fingers to much because I am to afraid to hurt someone.

Just now, Kimmie. said:

I mean what we are doing now talking about my mental health and not about applying for a crew post.

It is offtopic that's true, but, for the sake of things... I think that will be of great understanding.

Tell me, if another person would say that exact same thing. 

"Yeah but it is probably anoying for everyone else to have to see me walking around in circles talking shit about myself. "

Would you think of them as a bad person?

I also realize, that this is more public. Would you like to PM? Inbox is free :D 

6 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. Warnings/Nudges or any action aren't taken lightly and your not going to please everyone no matter if it's to do with that or it's other area's. 

That is me in a nutshell I guess. 

@Kimmie. you’re an awesome person and I relate to your worries very much homie. No worries or stressing- I think the fact you worry about that stuff in the first place shows you’re a good person to potentially be in that position- means you don’t take the responsibility lightly. 

Im not really sure what a mod duties would be but if it’s something where I could stay pretty quiet on answering questions on asexuality (because honestly I’m the last person who should answer anyone’s questions regarding that 😂) and be very active on the open mic section I’d take a shot at it. 

It’s the same as Kimmie- don’t want to sign up without knowing I could accomplish whatever moderator duties would be. 

11 hours ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

@InquisitivePhilosopher Hi yes only the open mic forum I didn’t read properly didn’t realize it’s for both 😅

Have a great day

As previously stated, answering questions isn't required (but with about a month of modding it you may start to feel more qualified as you read more questions and answers). And when in doubt, the threads I created on there are with the help of the other mods at the time, so it's very comprehensive, you can always just link to those posts :)

7 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

When in doubt, ask other mods. I often would ask, "Yo, I wanna say this, can I say this?" Simply because I wanted to make sure what I said was understood. Also mods do take a great deal to clarify that what they say is only their words, not that of all mods for this very reason. So it doesn't look bad on AVEN or admods as a whole if you make a mistake. I think peopel are far more forgiving of the word of an individual than they are of the word of a group.

@FaerieFate It is more like calling someone he instead of they and if they have enough followers on twitter then AVEN is screwd.

11 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

So did you mean you uphold the current mods as not allowed to make mistakes, or does that only count when it is you? :)

*boop*

7 minutes ago, St. Nyaaconix the II said:

So did you mean you uphold the current mods as not allowed to make mistakes, or does that only count when it is you? :)

*boop*

I don´t know what i mean actually. But most from me i guess. I think as mod i am representing AVEN all the time and what it stands for. And many people thinks that a forums mods personalities and opinions says alot of the forum.

8 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I don´t know what i mean actually. But most from me i guess.

So it actually means, that in a situation where you would be a mod, it's allowed to make mistakes... Ofcourse... I get it, making mistakes is what no one wants. But they happen.

^_^ 

I'm not trying to fit you into the role... No pushing on that from me. I just want you to feel comfortable, when you feel like it yourself. :) 

So, does the Q&A happen here?

33 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

So, does the Q&A happen here?

It happens in a new thread.

Oh! That's what I thought, at first (after finding a couple of previous, elections' threads that were closed), but after I found this declass, election nomination thread, where Kelly added a post in the same thread that that said, "Reopens. The campaign is officially over. Time to vote!," I wasn't sure what the procedure was, anymore, so I edited my comment and removed the part where I'd said it would be started in another thread.

I’d like to run for the election. Is there someone I can pm for exact tasks I’d be responsible for if I am chosen? Want to make sure I am capable of meeting them. 

2 minutes ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

I’d like to run for the election. Is there someone I can pm for exact tasks I’d be responsible for if I am chosen? Want to make sure I am capable of meeting them. 

You might find this helpful,

4 minutes ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

You can PM any mod or admin, or read the thread here: https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/125346-what-a-mod-does-updated/

Oops, ninja'd! :)

Archived