New Moderator Needed: Open Mic and Questions about Asexuality: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Open Mic Moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 6 December to Thursday, 13 December: Nominations.

Thursday, 13 December to Sunday, 16 December: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 16 December to Sunday, 23 December: Voting.

Good luck for anyone who wants to run! :cake: It's a great opportunity to give back to the community.

scarletlatitude

There are 4 training team members who will help out the new mod, so don't feel worried! We got you! Feel free to ask us any questions. (It's me, @WünderBâhr, @Goonie, and @Nai

Good luck Michael and anyone else who decides to run.

Can someone explaine how it works? Do you need codeing knowledge? How those it work on the software side?

21 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Can someone explaine how it works? Do you need codeing knowledge? How those it work on the software side?

It's like using AVEN as a member. The only differences are that there are some hidden forums that you can access - mainly the admods forum for general discussions and the reports forum - and that you get a few extra buttons. Learning how to use those extra buttons is about as difficult as learning how to post on this forum. The main extra buttons are the ones to hide or move posts and/or threads.

7 minutes ago, rudolph the timewarp said:

It's like using AVEN as a member. The only differences are that there are some hidden forums that you can access - mainly the admods forum for general discussions and the reports forum - and that you get a few extra buttons. Learning how to use those extra buttons is about as difficult as learning how to post on this forum. The main extra buttons are the ones to hide or move posts and/or threads.

Ah okay. Thanks.

What still makes me uncomfortable with being a mod is the power you seem to get over others. So no i will not ask for a place before my self-esteem gets better.

5 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

What still makes me uncomfortable with being a mod is the power you seem to get over others. So no i will not ask for a place before my self-esteem gets better.

Look at it as a thing to serve and help, rather than to control. :) 

3 minutes ago, St. Nyaaconix the II said:

Look at it as a thing to serve and help, rather than to control. :) 

It is more like what can make 1 person happy can make several not that happy. Like looking a thread that many people like but one user finds bad for what ever reason.

27 minutes ago, St. Nyaaconix the II said:

@Kimmie. If a thread has gone to shits, it's usually not because of 1 person. And if you're unsure... There's a whole team, to look into matters with you :)

Okay i just remember a couple of threads where everyone was having fun but something in it did brake the TOS.

Anyway i will backdown this time again. Thanks for all the answers anyway.

I didn't ever consider myself as sitting in judgement on others, mods are there mainly to keep things running smoothly. There is always back up, you wouldn't be on your own. 

Only reason I stepped down was because I was starting an Open University course and just didn't have enough time.
If you've definitely decided not to run, I hope you'll feel confident enough to run in future. And to anyone thinking of 'going for it' - good luck :) 

I encourage anyone thinking of running to give it a shot. I know it seems like a lot, but it doesn't take long to get used to everything, and you have a wonderful support system at your side. I've only been a mod for like, half a year and already I can't remember what my life on AVEN was like without it. 😂

@Kimmie. I hope to see you running someday! But I understand, you need to take care of yourself first. :)

Thanks everyone. 

But i think it is a thin line between making things run smoothly and being controlling.  But it is probably just my stupid mind that comes up with things again. 

7 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Kimmie. No one is controlling. We are a team and work as a team. 

I know that. I just over thinking things. 

*huuuuuuuuuuuuugs Kimmie* You don't have to run if you're not comfy. It's totally ok. : ) But I do wanna say that mods are here to help and keep things organized. Not be controlling or have a power high. Everything is worked on as a team, and we're all supportive. Admods are just members with extra responsibilities. :cake: You'd do great but only when you're ready. ❤️

Good luck to those running!! : )

@Kimmie., and anyone else thinking of running in the future, but not just yet. It may be instructive to follow the Q&A session in the election. It will give you an idea as to the sort of questions to expect, and some of the roles admods take.

Personal experience is that the Q&A during the campaign is much harder than anything you after election. Especially as there's a whole team, so any questions, someone will be able to answer 

I am simply not comfortable with having power of any sort over anyone else. It just feels wrong for me. I am not against that there are mods in anyway. The crew is obviously needed. 

So if it ever opens a slot in any other position that doesn't includes any of that I might be interested. Or as i said when my self-esteem gets better. 

2 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I am simply not comfortable with having power of any sort over anyone else. It just feels wrong for me. I am not against that there are mods in anyway. The crew is obviously needed. 

So if it ever opens a slot in any other position that doesn't includes any of that I might be interested...

:) Do you mean something like helping other members, without having to give warnings or nudges to members' posts? It's possible to do that as a member, without a title or official mod status.

8 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

But i think it is a thin line between making things run smoothly and being controlling.

It's certainly possible and a very valid concern! Fortunately, if someone's heart is in it and they listen to the members, that line is rarely crossed. It also helps that other mods can give advice and vote on any big decisions.

Good luck to you @MichaelTannock and to anyone else who joins the running!

4 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

So if it ever opens a slot in any other position that doesn't includes any of that I might be interested. Or as i said when my self-esteem gets better. 

There are other positions, like the Project Team and the Declass Team, who don't have power over members in the way mods do. :) 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Good luck to all who run this election! 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:55 AM, Cheshire-Cat said:

Good luck Michael and anyone else who decides to run.

Only one can win though, no? So that luck will only go to one person really.

Good luck to the winner and may you do well.

Aye 👀 I really love the Open Mic section... poems music etc.... It’s hella inspiring. Idk if I have what it takes to be a moderator but I’ll be back to let y’all know if I’ll join the election.... 

ok then 😂

Archived