WhatEverDontCare

A bigger "recent topics" section.

WhatEverDontCare

I really enjoy the "recent topics" section on the home page, but you can only see five topics and I find it disappointing because often I can't be bothered to open each section of the forum and I end up missing posts that might interest me. So for me it would be great if we could make it bigger and have the possibility to see more topics.

• Like 5

nameinagame

This isn't quite what you have asked for, but is kind of along the same lines: https://www.asexuality.org/en/discover/unread/

It might be useful to you?

• Like 2

Gizamaluke

I agree. I think ten would be a decent number, but I'd settle for eight.

• Like 1

WhatEverDontCare
2 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

I agree. I think ten would be a decent number, but I'd settle for eight.

I was thinking many more, like 30 for example? Of course not all of them in the home page, there could be a little button "see more" that would take you to another page with the list. I'm sure it's super easy to do.

6 minutes ago, nameinagame said:

This isn't quite what you have asked for, but is kind of along the same lines: https://www.asexuality.org/en/discover/unread/

It might be useful to you?

Yes, it is useful, thank you! But I don't think that you can see only the recent new topics, right? You see all the new posts, not only the new topics.

nameinagame
2 minutes ago, WhatEverDontCare said:

Yes, it is useful, thank you! But I don't think that you can see only the recent new topics, right? You see all the new posts, not only the new topics.

I don't think seeing only new topics is possible :(

InquisitivePhilosopher

:) Hi. If you enjoy reading certain, specific forums, there is an option of clicking "follow" on the upper, right side (it also has a number beside it, which shows how many members are following that forum's content) of that forum's pages, which will then send you an automatic notification every time someone writes a new topic in that specific forum.

• Like 1

Sleighcaptain

Unfortunately, so far as I'm aware, the size of "recent topics" is determined by the site host's software, not by ourselves. Thus I rather doubt that there's much can be done to change this 

Una Salus Victus

I thought that the software had allowed for somehow being able to see more if you clicked on something or other, but that could have been an older version of IPB.